Jiu-Jitsu - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-05-2005, 12:49 PM #43
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
exactly
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2005, 01:00 PM #44
Pirarte (Banned)
 
Pirarte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: long islandizzle, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HRT]Squirrel Master
run-fu is the best.
I love you, Matt.
Pirarte is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 01:01 PM #45
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!
 
[HRT]Squirrel Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: in the safe house
[HRT]Squirrel Master is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
[HRT]Squirrel Master donated to help Peyton Trent
It's a good day to feel loved....
__________________
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU can keep the "change"...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
HELP US BAN ALL ASSAULT WEAPONS!
Titsmania 4EVA!
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
[HRT]Squirrel Master is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 04:04 PM #46
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap
 
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Again, I'm not undermining jj, I think it's completely awesome...but nevermind trying to use it against more than one person or someone who is just gonna drop a bow to your jewels or bite you....fights start on your feet
Have you ever tried multiple attackers. Yes it is hard. And no it wont happen the same everytime. We did this in class just playing around. What I did was I took a guys back as quick as I could. I then rolled to my side that way my back was up against the wall and I used the other guy as a sheild so when they kicked or punched it was him they were hitting. While doing that I was choking him in the process. The hardest part is getting up. I have done it a few times out of the hundred or so we tried it. The thing is why are you trying to fight if there are more than one of them?

All fights start standing up huh. I went to a bar once i was the DD. Right beside me there was a guy sitting down another guy pushed the guy out of the chair aqnd as soon as the guy fell the other guy jumped on top of him and started hitting him. That fight didnt start standing up. What if someone pushes you and you fall. Yeah I know it is all abotu your balance. But not if your back is turned. Or they hit you in the back of the head with somehting. You arent considering all the variables though. That is what I am saying. I know you respect jj, and it is cool. But striking isnt the end all to end all either. Here is how I look at it.

I would rather know BJJ and not have to use it in a fight. Than get in a fight go to the ground and be completely clueless on how to fight or just intelligently defend myself.
__________________
To find us you have to be smart, To catch us you have to be quick, To beat us, you have to be kidding
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM #47
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Have you ever tried multiple attackers. Yes it is hard. And no it wont happen the same everytime. We did this in class just playing around. What I did was I took a guys back as quick as I could. I then rolled to my side that way my back was up against the wall and I used the other guy as a sheild so when they kicked or punched it was him they were hitting. While doing that I was choking him in the process. The hardest part is getting up. I have done it a few times out of the hundred or so we tried it. The thing is why are you trying to fight if there are more than one of them?

All fights start standing up huh. I went to a bar once i was the DD. Right beside me there was a guy sitting down another guy pushed the guy out of the chair aqnd as soon as the guy fell the other guy jumped on top of him and started hitting him. That fight didnt start standing up. What if someone pushes you and you fall. Yeah I know it is all abotu your balance. But not if your back is turned. Or they hit you in the back of the head with somehting. You arent considering all the variables though. That is what I am saying. I know you respect jj, and it is cool. But striking isnt the end all to end all either. Here is how I look at it.

I would rather know BJJ and not have to use it in a fight. Than get in a fight go to the ground and be completely clueless on how to fight or just intelligently defend myself.
there's an opposing arguement to just about every circumstance in existence..

"I mean what if I was clam digging and shucking a clam and someone came behind me and kicked me in the head? That fight didn't start on your feet"

If you're going to enter a fight sitting in a barstool then you deserve whatever's coming for ya. Like you said, the other guy jumped on him and started STRIKING him. (I know BJJ teaches ground and pound)

back to the Iceman statistics...how about addressing those? or are we stepping aside facts that oppose your stance? How bout the arguement that you can't circumvent a bite or dirty fighting while youre trying to figure 4 someone?

for my field of work, JJ > striking
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 PM #48
Dilly man 2
RHCP fan
 
Dilly man 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Florida
j.j. is my favorite, took 2 years of it.

mainly pressure points.
i like the knock outs with the jaw jab
Dilly man 2 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:02 PM #49
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!
 
[HRT]Squirrel Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: in the safe house
[HRT]Squirrel Master is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
[HRT]Squirrel Master donated to help Peyton Trent
the triangle choke brings tears of joy to my eyes.... *sniff*
__________________
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU can keep the "change"...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
HELP US BAN ALL ASSAULT WEAPONS!
Titsmania 4EVA!
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
[HRT]Squirrel Master is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:10 PM #50
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
False arm bars to a figure 4 onto someones back rules too
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:17 PM #51
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap
 
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAskingForItx
there's an opposing arguement to just about every circumstance in existence..

"I mean what if I was clam digging and shucking a clam and someone came behind me and kicked me in the head? That fight didn't start on your feet"

If you're going to enter a fight sitting in a barstool then you deserve whatever's coming for ya. Like you said, the other guy jumped on him and started STRIKING him. (I know BJJ teaches ground and pound)

back to the Iceman statistics...how about addressing those? or are we stepping aside facts that oppose your stance? How bout the arguement that you can't circumvent a bite or dirty fighting while youre trying to figure 4 someone?

for my field of work, JJ > striking
First off. You have never had someone sucker punch you form behidn for no reaosn than to start trouble. We was there before that guy had walked in. He said hey to a couple of people but was minding his own business. He got punched form the back. He didnt start the fight or engage the fight from the chair the other guy did. But that one guy (cant remember his name) said all fights start standing up. And my point was not all fights start standing up. I proved my point exactly.

Ok now to iceman. What do you mean side stepping facts that oppose my stance. He is probably one of the best stand up fighters I have seen. But how many people on the street know how to stop a takedown. Maybe if they wrestled when they were in school. But you wont get many. Watch UFc, King of the Cage, Pride and see how many times strikers get taken down. Now I dont know what you are talking about a figure four. This isnt professional wrestling.

We had a guy come out to class just to try to prove to use he was bad. I got to roll with him first and I armbarred him and he bit my leg. The next time I did the same thing and he did the same thing. I was getting mad. But some other guys rolled with them and he would try to poke them in the eyes and stuff. So before he left he goes want to roll again and I was like yeah. But I knew what he was wanting to do so I made up my mind to try to armbar him again. So I eventually armbarred him and he bit my leg again. So this time I raised my foot in the air and brought my foot down and let me heel hit him in the mouth. It cut his gum and that was it I didnt do it too hard. And then I popped his arm. And then he was like if it would have been a real fight you wouldnt have done that and then he left and never came back. I said that to say this. Yess dirty tricks can work for you. But then again they can just piss someone off bad enough to seriously hurt you.

So now lets address dirty fighting. If you are a striker and I throw say sand or dirty or somehting in your eyes and hit you in the head with some kind of foreign object and you get knocked out. We could pose the same arguement for how ineffective striking is. But as I said too many variables to argue any points. The best thing is to learn ground stuff and striking.
__________________
To find us you have to be smart, To catch us you have to be quick, To beat us, you have to be kidding
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:04 PM #52
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
First off. You have never had someone sucker punch you form behidn for no reaosn than to start trouble.
and you know this how?

Quote:
We was there before that guy had walked in. He said hey to a couple of people but was minding his own business. He got punched form the back. He didnt start the fight or engage the fight from the chair the other guy did. But that one guy (cant remember his name) said all fights start standing up. And my point was not all fights start standing up. I proved my point exactly.
that's not proving a point, it's obvious I meant the majority of fights start standing up. You're sucker punch is one of those oddball things that happen, a plane crash of fighting..

Quote:

Ok now to iceman. What do you mean side stepping facts that oppose my stance. He is probably one of the best stand up fighters I have seen. But how many people on the street know how to stop a takedown.
How many know how to do a takedown?

Quote:
Now I dont know what you are talking about a figure four. This isnt professional wrestling.
This makes me question the validity of your screename. Are you or are you not trained in Jiu Jitsu..you've never learned figure four wrist/arm/leg lockouts?

Quote:

We had a guy come out to class just to try to prove to use he was bad. I got to roll with him first and I armbarred him and he bit my leg. The next time I did the same thing and he did the same thing. I was getting mad. But some other guys rolled with them and he would try to poke them in the eyes and stuff. So before he left he goes want to roll again and I was like yeah. But I knew what he was wanting to do so I made up my mind to try to armbar him again. So I eventually armbarred him and he bit my leg again. So this time I raised my foot in the air and brought my foot down and let me heel hit him in the mouth. It cut his gum and that was it I didnt do it too hard. And then I popped his arm. And then he was like if it would have been a real fight you wouldnt have done that and then he left and never came back. I said that to say this. Yess dirty tricks can work for you. But then again they can just piss someone off bad enough to seriously hurt you.
oh you have the perfect solution to every quesiton don't you? Like youre earlier "i'd just roll into a wall and use him as a shield" ....yea right

UFC is actually a piss poor example to use in regards to street fighting, because they do have rules. It's all clean...

Quote:

So now lets address dirty fighting. If you are a striker and I throw say sand or dirty or somehting in your eyes and hit you in the head with some kind of foreign object and you get knocked out.
so what if I throw a foreign object at your head and you get knocked out? Bad example, both fighters lose in that situation
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 02:26 AM #53
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap
 
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAskingForItx
and you know this how?

You have never been sucker punched? Yeah it sucks.

that's not proving a point, it's obvious I meant the majority of fights start standing up. You're sucker punch is one of those oddball things that happen, a plane crash of fighting..

Ok I will go along with the majority of the fights start standing up...but 90% of them will end up on the ground at some point. But slipping on somehting and tripping on something is an oddball thing that can happen also. that is why I said there are too many variables to say that you can always defend a takedown or always keep it standing.

How many know how to do a takedown?

Dont know. How many can actually throw a decent punch. Or fend off a takedown. Guess it depends on who is fighting.

This makes me question the validity of your screename. Are you or are you not trained in Jiu Jitsu..you've never learned figure four wrist/arm/leg lockouts?

I thought you was talking about the Ric Flair figure four leglock

oh you have the perfect solution to every question don't you? Like youre earlier "i'd just roll into a wall and use him as a shield" ....yea right

No I am just saying that was probably the most effective thing I coul think of if I was on the ground with multiple attackers. The hardest part of the whole thing is trying to get back up on your feet. Something I cant quite figure out how to do. But anytime you can use someone as a sheild why not do it?

UFC is actually a piss poor example to use in regards to street fighting, because they do have rules. It's all clean...

But what is to prevent say the guy who knows bjj not to use dirty tricks too?

so what if I throw a foreign object at your head and you get knocked out? Bad example, both fighters lose in that situation

My friend told me this when this girl said there are no winners in a fight. And my friend looked at her and said the guy that walks away is the winner. So that got me thinking. In the street it goes by any means necessary. If we do go to the ground I wont do anything lightly. Stuff is getting broken. And if I have to bite the guys nose off to survive so be it.
Do some research and you will see.
__________________
To find us you have to be smart, To catch us you have to be quick, To beat us, you have to be kidding
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump