Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 AM #22
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The thing is, all that grappling **** doesnt really matter to someones thats gonna grab and twist your nuts, gouge your eyes, or bite you...that said BJJ still owns
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2005, 10:49 AM #23
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

[HRT]Squirrel Master is a Supporting Member
[HRT]Squirrel Master donated to help Peyton Trent
9/10 fights will go to the ground..... any grapple art is good to know.
Titsmania 4EVA!
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 PM #24
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HRT]Squirrel Master
only if you let it
Old 10-04-2005, 10:38 AM #25
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAskingForItx
only if you let it
ha ha ha ha ha ha
Titsmania 4EVA!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 AM #26
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

Quote:
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha what? You don't think a striker can keep you at distance? I'll back step in circles all day and throw jabs and kicks if you try and close any kind of gap....easy
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 AM #27
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

Quote:
ha ha ha what? You don't think a striker can keep you at distance? I'll back step in circles all day and throw jabs if you try and close any kind of gap....easy
you need to turn the video games off and join the rest of us in reality... its a bit scary at first... but you will get used to it.
Titsmania 4EVA!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 AM #28
Deadeye007**
Ownage Served Daily

Deadeye007** is a Supporting Member
*Mortal Kombat voice* FIGHT!! *Mortal Kombat voice*
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 AM #29
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye007**
*Mortal Kombat voice* FIGHT!! *Mortal Kombat voice*
I was sooooo thinkin about that game too.... I would circle! and STRIKE! like SUB ZERO!
Titsmania 4EVA!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:10 PM #30
1andonlyagain

1andonlyagain is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
I was sooooo thinkin about that game too.... I would circle! and STRIKE! like SUB ZERO!
But then you would have to *mortal kombat voice*FINISH HIM!!!*mortal kombat voice*
MK was a sick game back in the day, I loved the old guy with the gangsta *** hat and that snake guy.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:13 PM #31
FusorFodder
Social Engineer

FusorFodder is a Supporting Member
Quote:
you need to turn the video games off and join the rest of us in reality... its a bit scary at first... but you will get used to it.
Yeah, you can't hold back to block in real life.

Feedback is here
Old 10-04-2005, 09:47 PM #32
Chioffe
Die

Quote:

Exactly. Seems alot of these kids watch too much TV. I don't who you are, 90% of the time, you'll end up on the ground. How many (real) street fights have you seen flying back kicks and such. The person will lunge at you and try to knock you down. If you know Ju-jitsu, you can give them a nice surprise. Just watch the UFC fighters, alot of floor time there.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 PM #33
-|2ain
Hallelujah Holla Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Cross training in bjj does. especially when we do ground and pound.

But we arnt talking about Cross Training.... are we?

Titsmanian Head Samurai
"Don't tell your problems to ST: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them. "
Old 10-04-2005, 10:17 PM #34
Cry More n00b (Banned)
Banned

teakwando
Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 PM #35
Pirarte (Banned)
Banned

enjoy it, take it. Our Karate, Tiger *corporatized mass marketed martial arts* Schulmann's Karate, incorporates fitness/conditioning in EVERY class. Their gimmick works: It IS better than a gym work out. Focused and varied instruction and well balanced classes.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:28 PM #36
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

Quote:
You need to stop assuming that I'm an ignorant youngen. Some of my posts may be juvenile but I'm 24.

I have fighting experience, I work in Law Enforcement and Corrections, I've trained in different methods...and while youre cronies say "watch UFC they go to the ground", yup they do...and they often/most times end up back on their feet.

When's the last time you tried to rush in on a Muai Thai fighter? When's the last time a primarily BJJ fighter won...Gracie's days are long gone? It doesn't happen anymore....everyones MMA these days because it's the strikes that weaken your opponent, but don't think for a minute that I underestimate the value of grappling, but if you're in control of a fight then you direct the action according to your strenghts.

and I don't know what you got out of my "Back step in circles" comment, but it's basic defense principle in Boxing, Kickboxing, and other striking arts...the video game comment was cute though...

street fights go to the ground cause those fools lose their cool and are out of control, there's no sense in their strikes. Lung at me..I'm patient..that's when you get cold cocked in the jaw cause youre reaching for straws with your eyes closed.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:00 AM #37
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|2ain
But we arnt talking about Cross Training.... are we?

Depends on how you look at it. We includes me. And Yes I was talkign about cross training so therefore one party of the we was talking about cross training. So I win on default. LOL.

As far as not letting it go to the ground. A striker can keep his distance. But there are other variables that you arent taking into consideration. The other guy could be versed in striking also. (But like I always say anyone can throw a punch). But say two guys are swinging. One clocks the other and he falls to the ground. then that guy pulls or brings the other to the ground. Or say one slips. I think the last I looked the statistic for fights going to the ground was like 90%. I will have to find that again and post it.
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Old 10-05-2005, 08:07 AM #38
Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

Quote:
You need to stop assuming that I'm an ignorant youngen. Some of my posts may be juvenile but I'm 24.

I have fighting experience, I work in Law Enforcement and Corrections, I've trained in different methods...and while youre cronies say "watch UFC they go to the ground", yup they do...and they often/most times end up back on their feet.

When's the last time you tried to rush in on a Muai Thai fighter? When's the last time a primarily BJJ fighter won...Gracie's days are long gone? It doesn't happen anymore....everyones MMA these days because it's the strikes that weaken your opponent, but don't think for a minute that I underestimate the value of grappling, but if you're in control of a fight then you direct the action according to your strenghts.

and I don't know what you got out of my "Back step in circles" comment, but it's basic defense principle in Boxing, Kickboxing, and other striking arts...the video game comment was cute though...

street fights go to the ground cause those fools lose their cool and are out of control, there's no sense in their strikes. Lung at me..I'm patient..that's when you get cold cocked in the jaw cause youre reaching for straws with your eyes closed.
Look at Nog. When he beat Sapp. Yeha he threw some kicks and punchs. But it was the ground game that wore Sapp down and let Nog beat him. It takes different cardio on the ground than it does standing up. I have seen alot of people rush strikers. And yes strikers does include Muay Thai. You can direct the action. But you arent confined by the same rules either. You can trip over something, slip on somehting. One of you could get rocked fall to the ground. One of you could lunge for a punch and both of you fall. You can only back step so many times till you get stuck up against a wall. Look at the first time Randy fought Chuck. And randy got takedown after takedown after takedown. And we all know chuck has a good sprawl and takedown defense.

But like I said earlier there are more variables for a fight going to the gorund besides someone shooting. And those variables are what happens alot of times to make fights go to the ground. You watch someone who has wrestled for awhile. they will not shoot with there eyes closed. I hat to tell you. But say you and I was fighting. And I knew you was a stand up guy. I would wait. If you was going to stand there waiting for me to shoot in. I would crouch down and wait. you will either get bored and walk away or try to land a punch and then boom. But also remember this. Alot fo guys will fake a strike and then shoot in. So when they fake a punch or kick and you go to block it is on like donkey kong.
Pump Gun Pimp #46 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
The ground is my ocean, I am shark and most people dont know how to swim in it!
MY FEEDBACK 26 POSITIVE
Old 10-05-2005, 10:50 AM #39
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

^^ exactly....
Titsmania 4EVA!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:17 AM #40
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

I'm thinking about taking up Judo.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 AM #41
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Look at Nog. When he beat Sapp. Yeha he threw some kicks and punchs. But it was the ground game that wore Sapp down and let Nog beat him. It takes different cardio on the ground than it does standing up. I have seen alot of people rush strikers. And yes strikers does include Muay Thai. You can direct the action. But you arent confined by the same rules either. You can trip over something, slip on somehting. One of you could get rocked fall to the ground. One of you could lunge for a punch and both of you fall. You can only back step so many times till you get stuck up against a wall. Look at the first time Randy fought Chuck. And randy got takedown after takedown after takedown. And we all know chuck has a good sprawl and takedown defense.

But like I said earlier there are more variables for a fight going to the gorund besides someone shooting. And those variables are what happens alot of times to make fights go to the ground. You watch someone who has wrestled for awhile. they will not shoot with there eyes closed. I hat to tell you. But say you and I was fighting. And I knew you was a stand up guy. I would wait. If you was going to stand there waiting for me to shoot in. I would crouch down and wait. you will either get bored and walk away or try to land a punch and then boom. But also remember this. Alot fo guys will fake a strike and then shoot in. So when they fake a punch or kick and you go to block it is on like donkey kong.
Like you said..a million variables...you crouch I crouch (especially if I know you're a grappler), we both know it's about a cool head. Once you get to the point of a Grappler fighting a Muay Thai boxer it's not a streetfight anymore, anyhow.

Since we're on the topic of The Iceman
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?fighterid=192

look at his stats
Wins
10 (T)KOs (58.82%)
1 Submissions (5.88%)
6 Decisions (35.29%)

Again, I'm not undermining jj, I think it's completely awesome...but nevermind trying to use it against more than one person or someone who is just gonna drop a bow to your jewels or bite you....fights start on your feet
Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 AM #42
[HRT]Squirrel Master
Death to varmints!

run-fu is the best.
Titsmania 4EVA!