Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-13-2002, 07:37 PM #1
BadAzzBaller
im a billy bad bass

has been a member for 10 years
i need some help please

I am a newbie so i need alot of help. alright so i need so get my protective equiptment what i am need is a cup which r good were can i get good ones (wally world ?) i need some slider type short is there a alternitive to the paintball ones and if the is were can i get them at. what kinda clothing is good for paintball i am planning on buying some BDU's in the kewl urban black and grey style b/c they look pimp and i dont plan on camping so i dont really care if they hide me good in the woods i am also wondering if the chest protecters made by redz and stuff work are they good and should i get one or is there a cheaper alternitive also what do u guys recomend for a harness were can i get a good one which is the best thanx for your help and support

also is a gun case a good idea?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2002, 02:35 PM #2
PilotError

Gearing Up

I have the JT Gloves. They cost about $40, but they work great. Just remember to wash them in cold water before you play because they will stain your hands black for about 3 days. I learned that the hard way.

About the cup, not that protecting your gones is not a priority, but a cup will be very uncomfortable especially after a full day of playing. Plus, the majority of hit you will get will be upper body. So make sure to get head protection. I recommend the Zel hood. It's $30 but well worth it. I've gone to work so many times with paintball hickies and welts on my dome. I used hats and bandanas, etc., but the hood protects the best and it looks bada$$ and will match your urban setup. The link is www.zelpaintball.com I can't find any other hood with padded protection.

As far as the harness goes, get a good waist harness, but don't worry about a chest protector, unless you are a girl or have man-boobs. If you leave yourself open enough to get hit in the chest you deserve it. Plus you will have a souvenir. My girlfriend calls my gun "the other woman" especially when I return with good sized welts. Chicks dig Scars.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:16 PM #3
BadAzzBaller
im a billy bad bass

thanx im looking up stuff on the zell hood is there any online retailers that sell it cheaper im kinda working on a budjet so although is it pretty reasonabile on there site thanx
Old 08-14-2002, 07:05 PM #4
kk14

A cup is definately not a necessity. If you get shot down there it iwll hurt but there will be no permanent damage. It will just feel awkward and get in your way. Pick up a jersey and use a pair of jeans as far as clothing wise. I wear a sp jersey and black jt pants and I'm really happy with them. Wear a hat or invest in a sockhat, bandana, or headband for your head. Don't get a chest protector, please. You will look like the ultimate newbie with one of those and its a total waste of money. It doesn't even hurt when you get shot in the chest. I'd get a redz dimension 3.2 pack, they're my favorite.
~Ben
Old 08-14-2002, 07:38 PM #5
VooDoo_Weazel
J Cro the mook

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the APPA D2 division
no permanent damage eh? a testicle is almost the same as an eyeball, and im willing to bet if its hit by a paintball at close enough range it'll be messed up for a looong time...

you guys must not know much about pb products. ever heard of DYE slider shorts? Jt skinz shorts? even raven makes some, i use them. they all have soft cups which you cant even feel are there, i wear it all day and dont even notice it...i dont know if i'd even play without them, im not willing to take a chance of my nuts being dograped
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 08-14-2002, 08:55 PM #6
kk14

Ummm ok. I've seen many, many articles about how there is very very little chance of suffering permanent damage from a paintball shot to the balls. JT Pants also have a reinforced crotch and I think RASE, Raven, and DYe pants do too. I've seen a dude get shot in the balls while being bunkered. He was in alot of pain for about 20 minutes but after that he was perfectly fine.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:19 AM #7
pickle
Foul Weather Patriot !

No Cup?!

I don't know what the hell you guys are thinking but let me tell you a story about a buddy.

About ten years ago we were playing at the field where we also worked. He had these ripped up BDU's. He slid into a bunker. Picture feet in the air braced against the bunker. It just so happened that he had a nice sized hole in the crotch of his pants. Needless to say a paintball found it's mark and zoomed into said hole. His scrotum was twice the size of a softball for two weeks. He got lucky in that he received no permanent damage. Although, he is still childless (hhmmm).

I wear my cup RELIGIOUSLY! And I have 3 kids (hhhmmm).

PROTECT THE GONADS!!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:48 PM #8
BadAzzBaller
im a billy bad bass

thanx i would prefer to keep my balls and have one already