PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-02-2005, 09:53 PM #22
rockmehard (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
i think we should start worrying about when the nxl is gonna stick to their promises and get paintball on tv..but in my opinion the way paintball is being run right now is ****ty..the reaosn being..when we do get airtime we will only be able to show one tourney every two months..i think the nxl should actually start trying to make it like nfl or nhl od nba..what i mean is..nba format..meaning every week there are games..home team and away team..and then we could actualy put it on tv.a full nxl match with comercials..and that would be the league eveyryone wants to get into.because that be the luege that reps paintball.like the nba.whoever plays basketball could care less bout anything but the nba..paintball has to many leauges and none are achieving anything in getting our sport out there..i think that be sick

teams for most of the states..they have their home stadium or home park..teams have to fly to each others oponets (just like nba nfl nhl!) and everyweek we cna have live telvised shows!..cmon nxl stop sucking!

oh n go rl
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2005, 10:42 PM #23
ColdBlood

that wouldnt really work since most xball matches dont last nearly as long as say a football game
Old 10-02-2005, 11:49 PM #24
Born2Drive2 (Banned)
rawr

Xball matches last 45 minutes. Football lasts 60.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:53 AM #25
rockmehard (Banned)

i kno.but there could always be changes.like add a min ro 30 more seconds to the timeouts in between.and with comercials and all that stuff any tv company can make it 60 min easy.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:56 AM #26
ComradeJatho
Still Awesome.

length of games and scoring format (NPPL vs. Xball) are not whats keeping paintball off tv, its the complete lack of a central focus. Imagine watching hockey with 5 pucks on the ice at once.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 PM #27
rockmehard (Banned)

i kinda get what ur saying.but i think its posible..do what they do on dvd..have hubs showing were the players are and what happening..it can be done.and overtime peple will get use to it..im telling u it will be a great succes..I GOT PIST BECAUSE YESTERDAY THERE ON ESPN WAS THE PRO SCRABLE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 PM #28
PbStar787898

I think it is all about where the money is. The nppl pays well if you win in both sponsores and in cash. That is what draws Dynasty. The nxl is more lets play to play, and if we win we get cool looking rings. Yay. This is way oversimplified, but the money in paintball right now lies with the nppl. Most teams plaly nppl, including dynasty. Hopefully we will see some action between dynasty, the red legion, and xsv soon. They will all be good games.