PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-13-2002, 12:43 AM #1
avengethis

has been a member for 10 years
Should I get a 6.0?

i was thinking of getting a 5.0 or 6.0 but i don't know which one is better or if they are basically the same. Do they really chop a lot of balls? I would like your thoughts on what i should do if this is a good gun to buy or if i should get something better.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:38 PM #2
ducktape18

they are great guns but I have to sell mine and all my stuff to buy a car. They don't chop paint at all. I really don't want to sell mine but I have to. ndm434s@smsu.edu Email if interested will sell cheep
Old 12-19-2002, 01:53 PM #3
paintyaup
Team Top Ramen?

in my experience, they do chop alot. I had used it a couple times and a lot of things went wrong with it. Some examples are: shooting 2 balls at a time, inaccurate shooting, and all of that. If I were you, I would go with an autococker. Depending on what you get, you can get a warranty on it so if it ever breaks down for any reason, they will fix it for free. The autococker has some great accuracy, as well as easy cleaning and maintanance. In my opinion, I would get an autococker.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:11 PM #4
duosythe

well...

Well..... obviously paintyaub is a cockerfreak.. cockers are hard to time, very heavy, cannot do fast ROF and nearly im possible to time. (If you don't believe me i can get you a 5 page long report about it) i say go with the 6.0 its a perty gud gun
Old 12-20-2002, 05:46 PM #5
paintyaup
Team Top Ramen?

it not that hard to time it. I know soo many people who can do it in less than 5 mins. i have seen them do it too. if you think they are hard to time, then that is ur opinionn.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:11 AM #6
PainThrower

yaup- accuracy has nothing to do with whether the gun is a cocker or a JT, it is paint-to-barrel match all the way. Closed vs/ Open means nothing. Also, the JT's stock barrel is better than the stock Cocker's. THe cockers is like a freaking piece of metal tube, little/no porting at all. I do agree with you that timing a cocker, while a complicated process to learn and understand, can eventully be done from memory and relatively quickly. My friend Rich also times his in under 10. All trhat you need to do to stop chopping is drill holes in the feed tube/buy a new one and get a replacement ball detent. That is little effort and even less money.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:14 PM #7
paintyaup
Team Top Ramen?

exactly. after you get to know what you are doing with your gun, then it is not very hard to figure out what to do if your gun needs maintinance. after you play around with it for a while, you get the feeling of what happens when you do this.

i don't know about that stock barrel thing. i do agree that the stock barrel for a cocker is nothing but metal, but even for that it is still a good barrel for a stock. it does shoot pretty good compared to some of the other stocks out there. right now I shoot a cp barrel kit on my gun, but for a while, i did use the stock barrel and i didn't think it was that bad.
Old 12-22-2002, 01:43 AM #8
Jtek
FUELED by Paint !

Jtek is a founding member
JT 6.0 ?

The JT guns have been nothing but trouble. The local store had a JT players package a while ago - and they were selling like crazy.

The owner said 19 of the guns were returned within a week. They would chop like crazy he told me. That is NOT good at all...

I would save up for a better marker... if you know that you'll be playing paintball for a while - it will be well worth your time to invest in a quality gun.

Consider buying a:
- 2003 cocker
- Bushmaster
- Impulse

try looking at www.paintballgear.com they have a lot of markers for sale - with large pictures to look at.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:11 PM #9
DTang
Banned

DTang is a Supporting Member
Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by duosythe
cannot do fast ROF and nearly im possible to time.
hahahahahahahaha... are you kidding me? cockers cannot fire fast? hahahahahahahhahahahahaha
Old 12-23-2002, 07:23 AM #10
paintyaup
Team Top Ramen?

Re: Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by DTang
hahahahahahahaha... are you kidding me? cockers cannot fire fast? hahahahahahahhahahahahaha
dude the cocker has more things that you can do then your moma has been laid. if you don't think that the cocker can shoot fast, tell that to one of the professionalas that play with one, thell that to all my frinds, who evedentially dont shoot fast, even though they outshoot my cousin who has an ANGEL!!! so tell me this, is 14 bps not fast????? is your tippman that shoots 4 bps fats, I DON"T THINK SO
Old 12-23-2002, 07:27 AM #11
paintyaup
Team Top Ramen?

Re: JT 6.0 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jtek
The JT guns have been nothing but trouble. The local store had a JT players package a while ago - and they were selling like crazy.

The owner said 19 of the guns were returned within a week. They would chop like crazy he told me. That is NOT good at all...

I would save up for a better marker... if you know that you'll be playing paintball for a while - it will be well worth your time to invest in a quality gun.

Consider buying a:
- 2003 cocker
- Bushmaster
- Impulse

try looking at www.paintballgear.com they have a lot of markers for sale - with large pictures to look at.
i have seen that too here. the first week that they were being sold, last year around this time, they were going out about 10 to 15 a day. after christmas, when everybody played with them, i got most of them, if not all of them back becuase they either broke OFF the hopper neck, constantly chopped balls, doubleshot, etc.

the guns you considered are very great choices.

one gun I think you could add to that is one of those cheap, maybe used, timmy's.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:29 PM #12
DTang
Banned

DTang is a Supporting Member
Re: Re: Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by paintyaup
dude the cocker has more things that you can do then your moma has been laid. if you don't think that the cocker can shoot fast, tell that to one of the professionalas that play with one, thell that to all my frinds, who evedentially dont shoot fast, even though they outshoot my cousin who has an ANGEL!!! so tell me this, is 14 bps not fast????? is your tippman that shoots 4 bps fats, I DON"T THINK SO
How about you read my post over again and look at my sig. Am I really flaming cockers? Or am I flaming that dudes ignorance? Ill give you a hint... I own a cocker
Old 12-23-2002, 08:17 PM #13
XrmPaintballer
Banned

Paintyaup (nick)

Nick, which friends do you have with special fast cockers that can out shoot my angel? I dont think any of them have race frames.....
Old 12-24-2002, 02:43 AM #14
Dark Warrior
www.paintballscene.co.uk

Dark Warrior owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Had a choice JT 6.0 or WGP 2K3 Cocker
JT 6.0
looks good, average rate of fire, once the bugs ironed out need litle marker.
All in all if this is all you want
It's a ready made package to introduce you to the next level, trouble is if like the next level too much you'll soon realise that you'll need to buy a new marker.
2K3 Cocker
An established performer and as it's fully upgradeable, it's futureproof. Now its got a new look and a hinge frame looks nice, not as pretty as the JT, though. It's not electro, but you may never need it.

There are other factors to consider like cost, but at the end of the day I looked to the future and decided on the Cocker for my main marker.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:57 PM #15
zack

The way I look at it you could A. buy a cocker and be happy or B. buy a jt gun play with it once, con some poor sap into buying it and THEN buy a cocker. If your going to get an electronic spyder-clone (and I would not advise this) at least get something decent like a pirahnah or a spyder. Oh and one more gun that would be good to get is the impulse.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:52 PM #16
ElectroMarker1

Hi, my brother has had a 5.0 and a 6.0 to expiriment and while we were laying a game of woods ball with the 6.0 the gun started talking to him and it gave it away. It is no fun with the 6.0. Besides it doesn't even talk to you clearly it just mumbles. He now has a Jt 5.0 with shocktech drop and asa, avi x chamber, 20 oz smartparts antisiphon max flow tank, 9 volt revi, esp grip, and polished bolt and internals. I think you should go with the JT 5.0. For the money it is a good gun. Like I said he has had it for about 3 years and it has never failed him, but I have to edmitt I do like cockers, but I think you should go with the 5.0 It is way better.
I hope I helped you a little. Hope you make the right choice and not the wrong one. :tup:
Old 01-02-2003, 08:21 PM #17
ElectroMarker1

Hi my brother has tried out both the 5.0 and the 6.0. When he was playing a game of woods ball with me he had the 6.0. The 6.0 all of a sudden started talking to him. It gave his spot out instantly. It was not fun for either of us. It doesn't even talk clearly. It sounds like a robot mumbling inside of your gun. He never played with the 6.0 again. He said it was junk and a waist of money. When he tried out the 5.0 he was amazed wtih all the features on the gun. He was also amazed on how accuratte it was and how well it shot. He still has the 5.0 in mint condition. He says it is easy to upgrade and not hard to do. If you want he can tell you the upgrades he recomends. Although everybody likes cockers, but I would go with the 5.0 for the money and the performance of this gun.
I hope I was a help to you.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:46 PM #18
zack

Get a 2003 cocker a new barrel (I would say lapco bigshot), nitro, shochtech drop and r2k or a 12v revi. The new ones come with a hinge so they are awsome out of the box. That would be about 650. Although if you want to buy a jt gun get a 5.0.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:21 AM #19
ElectroMarker1

Question

How much money are you looking to spend
Old 01-04-2003, 10:25 AM #20
ResQue349

Here you go!!

First of all how much you lookin to spend?

If you are considering a JT 6.0 I would be thinking that you are considering 150-250.

If thats the case.

The 6.0 is a good buy. But mind you. You might have some prob. with it depending how lucky you are in getting the right gun from the factory. when i was shopping around for a gun.
I shot the one @ the shop and did'nt chop a single ball in 250 rounds and was accurate w/a stock barrel, and smooth trigger.
So when i made my decision i bought one from a different store.
Went to the field was chopping left and right. so i started doing research. First, you have to use a evolution 2 or halo hopper w/ the gun it's to fast so you need a really fast hopper, not even the revie w/an x-board can keep up. It brought the chopping to 1 ball per 1000 rounds which i thought was pretty good. i called Jt and found out they have 2 different bolts that goes with this gun from factory. I told them i was having ball chopping problems. and they sent me a new bolt that solved the ball chopping, blowback, and much more quieter. And I'm shooting w/co2. once you change it to compressed air it's night and day. This gun holds it's own on the field. I was taking out people left and right. I'm pleased with it. but shop around maybe you don't want to go through what i went through. If that's the case here are some marker's in that price range which are also good.

Armotech Evo
Spyder falsh or E-99
M3 sniper
WGP E-Ranger

Every gun is going to have there flaws there's no perfect gun if that was the case then everyone will have it. it's a personal preference. I shot all these guns and they were all good. I just like the 6.0. i was considering in getting a cocker but i have alot of friends that have it and the timing goes out while they're playin or something happens to it and they are scared for the whole day. And I'm still out there playin. But they are good when they're working. If there's any questions Feel free to pm and i can help you out with the 6.0 if you consider to get it.

And regards to the voice prombts you can shut it off or put into vibration mode but the timer comes in handy.

Last edited by ResQue349 : 01-04-2003 at 10:28 AM.