Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-26-2005, 06:55 PM #1
SCPaint
•Rock The Sniper II•

SCPaint is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PGP 12g removal

Hey,
I just bought my first PGP, is a pre-2k1. I am having trouble with it though, as I cannot get the 12g out (the guy who sold it to me shipped it with at 12g left inside) is there any trick to getting this thing out? Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2005, 09:52 PM #2
bag3lbit3s
Is my name

What part of it are you having trouble get out? The little knob in the front of the gun that holds it in place? Or the actual 12 gram down the tube?
Also just for future reference, you'll get much faster responses if you just post questions in the pump forum.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:10 PM #3
SCPaint
•Rock The Sniper II•

the actual 12g will not come out... I can't figure it out, and there is no way for me to really get a grip on it! grrrr. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:54 AM #4
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
Here's a few things to try for tricky 12g's.

1) With the 12gram endcap removed from the PGP, cock the gun as if you were going to fire, tip the PGP down to the floor and pull the trigger. Sometimes the piercepin will help to "pop" the spent cartridge out. This may have to be done several times.

2) If #1 doesn't help, then take an old rag and some superglue and glue one end of the rag to the very end of the 12g inside the PGP. Give it ample time to dry, tip the nose towards the floor, and gently pull the rag to remove the cartridge.
3) for severe cases, use a small drillbit and CAREFULLY drill a small hole in the exposed end of the spent 12gram. Bend the tip of a paperclip into a hook, insert in the hole, and gently tug the 12 gram out.

These are a few to try out. Good luck - we've all been where you are, and all 3 of these have worked for me at some point.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Old 09-28-2005, 09:23 AM #5
Alphy

i had the same problem when I got mine.....

What I did was take the frame off and use an allen wrench set....stick one of the smaller allen wrenches through the front frame screw hole and pry the cartridge loose. This def may not be the greatest method and could screw up your threads for the front frame screw if your not careful but it worked perfectly for me. You kinda have to make sure your prying on the actual cartridge too. Just another idea if the above dont work and you were deserate like I was

The seal was stuck to my cartridge and came out with it.....might happen to you too.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:26 PM #6
SCPaint
•Rock The Sniper II•

Thanks to everyone... I was able to get it out! I used Alphy's trick... as I did not have super glue or a valve tool. The previous owner must have left that 12g in there for some time to get it stuck like that! But the spent 12g's come out easy now
Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 PM #7
NSGSplatmaster

NSGSplatmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Another trick to any future people. I don't recommend this because it could probably damage your pierce pin...but I had a 12 gram stuck in my Nelspot 007 and it just wasn't budging. I planned on replacing the pierce pin anyway because it was starting to go. I used needle nose pliars to grip the cartridge toward the neck and pulled it out with steady pressure. Surprisingly, the pin was fine. Well, as fine as it was before anyway.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:57 PM #8
Nasty1

This is what I have done to 1 of my pgp2k and my pgp2k that got converted to a stroker from palmers.
I drilled a hole in the side of the gun, so if the cartrige gets stuck I can put my cocking rod in the hole, this will drive out the 12 gram, works great, also put a drop of oil on the peirceing pin before you play a game, this will help eject the cartrige. I can post a picture of this but, before drilling the hole use a Dial indicator, for proper placement, you want the hole to be where the 12 gram starts to taper down to the peircing pin. I also used a center punch and a drill index, drilling a small hole then enlarging the hole untill I could get the cocking rod in the hole.
don't do it unless your confident you can successfully do it without messing the gun up,
I'm not telling u to do it, I'm just stateing what I have done to my guns.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:12 PM #9
Nasty1

well I took a picture but I don't have a way to post it,sorry, I don't have a website to link it to