PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-22-2001, 07:42 PM #1
Jim Rendeiro

has been a member for 10 years
I am new to this site from paintballdojo, and i know that i dont have any say here at all but im suggesting a flames forum, it will act almost like an anger management forum and in turn keep the guns forums clean. also a chit chat room would be cool too.

Most Commander Weasel
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2001, 08:29 PM #2
Tapion
Sound Of Victory

Thumbs up

Thank you!!

I hate flames forums, I do not think that they are necessary and they just give the go to people to say nasty things of other people. It's like an invitation to offenses and vulgarity, keeping a flames forum out I think will help to dissipate any vulgar people from the forum.
Old 04-23-2001, 03:26 AM #3
Ak|rA`

i see jim's point as i do not agree with it, but i do see it, but the flames will be there weather there is a forum didicated to it or now. which is why i think a flames forum would be good...it would keep the flames out of normal posting. BUT it would also stimulate people to flame for the purpose of flaming which would defeat the purpose of having a flames forum to begin with. its a nasty endless circle from which there is no escape. so i vote for no flames forum.

my 2 cents
Old 04-23-2001, 05:22 PM #4
UrbanAssault
Team Prodigies

Lightbulb Heres An Idea!

Have a forum that is a "Flames" forum. Only no new threads could be created, just replies to existing threads. If a flame is started where it shouldn't be a moderator could move it to the flames forum so it is out of the gun forums or whatever forum it is in. Do you get what I'm saying.

This clears up both issues of why or why not there should be a flames forum.
1.)No useless flaming would be done because threads couldn't be created.
2.)The gun forums or whatever other forum it is in won't be clogged with flaming.
+12" Dye Boomstick
+88ci 3000psi Crossfire
+Clear 12v Revvy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Everything For Paintball
Old 04-24-2001, 06:07 PM #5
Ak|rA`

urban, that is a good idea in theory...but then people would just start flames in other places so they would get moved...if they were to do what you said...they might as well make the flames forum a normal forum. see what i am saying? loop holes. they are a part of every system.
Old 04-24-2001, 10:04 PM #6
Jim Rendeiro

yeah a flames forum would be cool but im sure we could do without it.

Most Commander Weasel
Old 04-24-2001, 11:34 PM #7
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
a flames forum is not conducive to the atmosphere we'd like to promote here. If you need to rip some up, do it elsewhere, or do it privately with a PM. We feel that if you, the members, let people know that flames are unacceptable in the forums, it won't happen. And that will keep the moderators from locking your threads or deleting your posts.

If you want to have a disagreement, fine. But if it's not kept civil and intelligent, it will be locked and possibly deleted.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:23 AM #8
kruppert
What did you expect?

yes but what if someone screws us over what do we do talk politicaly correct about them? we need the flames
BM2K #5715
eVolution
3K 68 ci. Flatline
Clear Dye Stickies
Totally Tricked M98
Old 04-25-2001, 09:34 AM #9
Joe

Joe is a Supporting Member
kurppert

Yes, talk in a politically correct manner, that is what mature people do.
Old 04-26-2001, 11:42 PM #10
StlThump

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
We have a chit chat forum , except we call it small talk. It is under the General area, feel free to post in it. As for the flames forum, we have had this discussion many times with many people. We find that having a flames forum only opens ourselves up for negative and nasty posts. That is not something we really would like to see here. But as always your suggestion(s) will be taken under consideration.
Thanks,

That is great, flames forums give little foul mouthed kids a soapbox, if someone gets beligerent<sp>, just delete their post, not move it to flames, and if they continue, ban them from the boards altogether.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:10 PM #11
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
No thats why they have Private messaging just p.m the guy you hate and speak what you feel . That wsy no one can catch you in the act lol .

DKD
Old 05-01-2001, 09:52 PM #12
dweazel
Team Thrash

here is an idea... how about no flames at all!?!?
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-01-2001, 10:16 PM #13
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by dweazel
here is an idea... how about no flames at all!?!?
That's impossible. No matter what not everybody is going to agree/get along.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:45 PM #14
dweazel
Team Thrash

that is true, but is it necessary to have a whole forum to promote flames?
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-03-2001, 12:32 AM #15
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by CockerMan86

That's impossible. No matter what not everybody is going to agree/get along.
We don't expect that everyone will always get along. And it's ok to disagree. However, we want everyone to do so respectfully. You can disagree and still be respectful, I've seen it happen, even in a paintball forum.

What we do expect, is that if you're going to not get along or disagree is that you remain civil. If all you've got to post about someone or something is ripping them to shreds, save it for another board. Take it private. Take it outside. Just not here.

It's easy enough to ignore other users here. If you're flaming someone you're going out of your way to do so, and we'd like you to take it somewhere else.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 05-03-2001, 06:43 PM #16
StlThump

Quote:
Originally posted by Privateer

You can disagree and still be respectful, I've seen it happen, even in a paintball forum.

It's easy enough to ignore other users here. If you're flaming someone you're going out of your way to do so, and we'd like you to take it somewhere else.

later
andy
That is a great idea, why disrespect someone, it only makes you look bad. Sounds like you guys are running a good forum here Andy.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:38 PM #17
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by StlThump

That is a great idea, why disrespect someone, it only makes you look bad. Sounds like you guys are running a good forum here Andy.
Nobody said anything about disrespecting somebody. He replied to that when I said everybody won't get along. I agree that you should still remain cool while arguing and not be disrespectful.
Old 05-17-2001, 10:56 AM #18
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Re: kurppert

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Yes, talk in a politically correct manner, that is what mature people do.
[COUGH!] Uh ... yeah, right ... P.C. is the bane of our culture, dude. I don't advocate people being necessarily rude, crude or otherwise ignorant, but I think political correctness is pathetic, idealistic, unreasonable, communistic and ... well ... is best left for pansies and neurotics.

Mature people speak their mind and call a spade a spade. We are so busy pűssyfooting around the make-believe feelings and insecurities of an insignificant percentage of people that we are creating an untight, unrealistic culture that teaches our children that they should compromise their beliefs or opinions for the sake of an insanely neurotic minority of people.

Oh, and so far as a constructive suggestion goes, I'd modify the color scheme some. The light blue URL/email links on a gray background can be a bear to read... and people who set their text color to RED should be shot! LOL

Thank you and have a nice day,
Buck "He who speaks his mind" Wezr

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We don’t really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 05-17-2001, 05:06 PM #19
Tony
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
flames forum

Quote:
v. flamed, flam·ing, flames
v. intr.
Informal. To make insulting criticisms or remarks, as on a computer network, to incite anger.

v. tr.
Informal. To insult or criticize provokingly, as on a computer network.

I tend to agree with you FauxKing.
In a nutshell..
I think that there is a fundamental difference between a post containing mature ideas as opposed to a flame. I have yet to see a mature flame.The idea that a mature flame is possible would contradict its own definition that our society has given it.

I dont agree with a flames forum, and like most, i believe it to be an immature and a degrading way of stating an opinion.

If you feel the need to Flame someone, keep it private, do it on your own time.

Mature posting will make the quality of this atmosphere we have all provided much more pleasing.

My 2 cents...