Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 PM #1
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Halo Battery Test - The Bone vs. Energizer E2 Lithium

I just bought a DueyDog "The Bone" battery kit for my Halo B. It is super small, and rechargable. It weighs the same as 6 E2 Lithiums (the lightest batteries), but "The Bone" is half the size. I bought it for $50 from the Chronic tent at NPPL San Diego.

The test loader is a stock Halo with a Critical delrin drive cone and a Shocktech anti-jam spring (the one next to the beads). I have done no other mods, such as PR or gear ratio.

Click the Thumbnail AT THE BOTTOM for the Video:

Song: Jurassic 5 - "What's Golden"

Information about the batteries and the results of the test.

Energizer EČ Lithium batteries:
These are AA sized batteries and they can be found at normal stores like WalMart and Target.
They are VERY expensive (A pack of four EČ Lithium AA's will run you about $12+tax).
They are lightweight, are made out of lithium (a more active material), can handle high temperatures, and last 7x longer than normal alkaline batteries. Probably last 4-7 cases.

DueyDog's "The Bone" Rechargeable Battery Pack:
He sells them for $55, but I got mine for $50 at NPPL SD. Probably due to no shipping.

"The Bone" provides the 9V that Halos require, unlike 6 NiMh rechargable batteries, lighter than alkaline, a little heaver than 6 Lithium EČ AA's, and it's rechargable. I bought it hoping to save tons of money. This month I will save $36!!
{my photo hosting service lost my photos}

Results
--Dueydog was an average of 23.28 balls per second over just two tests
--EČ produced and average 21.03 balls per second over just two tests, but the second test had some lagging balls. I don't know if this was due to the new Shocktech anti-jam spring I installed, or if Halo's just always do that.

The DueyDog was faster by a significant margin. I would like to see how fast regular alkaline batteries, or rechargable NIMH batteries are.

Click Below for the Video:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/411784253...the_bone_test/

EDIT:
HOOK A BROTHER UP: If you appreciate me taking the time to spend $50, test the product, and record the results please return the favor. If you purchase a DueyDog battery pack PLEASE list me as the referral. Just type "DarthAlan referred me" in the PayPal notes section. I will reward you with some nice Hybrid, Dye, Monkey w/ a Gun, or Jt stickers.

Want a DueyDog "The Bone" pack? CLICK HERE and tell 'em DarthAlan sent you!!!

PM DueyDog (use this if you don't have an Automags.org User ID)

END EDIT

If you would also like information regarding other Halo battery solutions, please read this entire thread. It is pretty entertaining and also very informative.

Last edited by DarthAlan : 07-31-2007 at 03:02 PM.
DarthAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2005, 01:25 AM #2
DarthAlan
I can help

Here's a video of it in action without comparison

Last edited by DarthAlan : 07-31-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:07 AM #3
bOOST HOT (Banned)
boost hot

another duey dog commercial ? questions:
1} voltage& mah on the 7 aaa's in the duey pack
2} voltage & mah on the 6 aa's lithuim
3]charger for recharge pack is it -- 9 volts,10 volts or 12 volts
bOOST HOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:56 AM #4
dougk12

I wouldnt trust a 7 AAA rechargable pack. MAh would be too low. I would doubt you would get a full day before the battery started running under 9V.
dougk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:38 PM #5
DarthAlan
I can help

I bought this one because it was readily available. The Boost packs were not being sold anywhere at the largest tournament of the year, but these were being sold at the first booth closest to the entrance. I was actually looking for the Boost packs all Friday, but no one had them. I did find the company that makes the Boost packs for Boost Customs. www.batteryspace.com said that they make the packs for "Mr David Cross." "He makes $60 profit. We could sell for $10"

Also, they are only $50. That's at $30 savings, and I can buy 2 cases of paintbals for that price. I didn't make the video as a comercial, but as a way for myself to easily calculate bps. Film is an easy way to do it because the frames can be slowly scrolled through to see when the last ball left the cone. Even if it seems like it is a comercial it doesn't discount that "The Bone" gave 3bps over EČ Lithiums. My wife almost needed a new pair of underwear when she went with me to Target to get some EČ's and she saw how expensive they are.

Last edited by DarthAlan : 09-22-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:55 PM #6
2NYCE
NJ JESTERS

2NYCE is a Supporting Member
could you please send me a pic of the charger's label? what happens if you leave the battery pack charging overnight? is there any type of protection built in to protect the pack from overcharging?

NJ Jesters C9 Sublimated Jerseys
Cheapest Gearbag Sale EVER!
Cheap Gear FS: UL Back. updated 8/1/08
old style feedback 29+/0-
2NYCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 PM #7
bOOST HOT (Banned)
boost hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOOST HOT
DID YOU FORGET TO ANSWER SOME REASONABLE QUESTIONS & AFTER YOU ANSWER THEM I will then proceed to tell you why your video is wrong

AS FOR THE REMARKS MADE ABOUT BATTERYSPACE .COM THEY DO BUILD SOME OF MY PACKS BUT ONLY ABOUT 40%

Last edited by bOOST HOT : 09-22-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:20 PM #8
DasBaldDog
FSPPF

When Boost was at the North East Open... he lent me a pack just to see how I liked it, that night at Smart Part's field (only 10 miles from the event)...

When combined with the Cheetah board, we acheived 33+ bps drop tests repeatedly...

On a stock board we saw significant increases with the Boost Mod... and an even larger increase with the Cheetah board.

If I was looking to buy a Battery Mod for my Halo, I wouldn't hesitate to drop the dime on Boost's stuff.

Xbox Live - ConderateMajr
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:21 AM #9
dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

dueydog is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Hello Boost Hot,

1. Actual voltage after hours of cooling from charging is on average 9.6v @ 1000mah built with larger special size cells and last around 10 cases.
2. E2s are also around 9.6v @ 2200mah according to Odyssey and will last around 20 cases.
3. The charger is a 10v charger built specifically for this pack. Only extreme over charging will damage the pack.

I have never met DarthAlan and was very suprised to see such great work on a review, especially for free and to help fellow players. As with anything in life there is always room for improvement that will improve with experience.

I believe you also have a great product and have never spoken ill of it. Since you now produce a rechargeable pack it's even better than before, but more expensive and at a much higher voltage.

In my year of field testing the higher voltage does spin the motor faster for more BPS, but boards and motors would fry more often and according to WARPIG is more risky to a stock Halo. "Since the Hot Pack’s voltage is 30 percent higher than the voltage at which the HALO’s circuitry is designed to operate, there is a real risk of damage to the loader’s circuit board. While no damage occurred during testing of the product, one might liken the use of the Hot Pack to the use of nitrous oxide in auto racing – it will get the engine reving faster, but also increases the risk of blowing it out."

We both have great products although slightly different they are designed to improve performance and save the player money in the long run. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly rather than flaming someone trying to help others and promote the sport.

Thanks and good luck,
Matt

Gear & Parts
Feedbacks--> PBN - AO - PBR - eBay

Last edited by dueydog : 02-14-2007 at 02:59 AM.
dueydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:57 AM #10
bOOST HOT (Banned)
boost hot

Do You Think This person Is Promoting The Sport OR PROMOTING YOUR PRODUCT?
Also You Only Refer To Boost As Having One Product "the Hot Pack" That Frys Motors & Boards/ How About The Recharge Pack At 10.6 Volts? Is It Frying Boards Too?SORRY I BELIEVE YOU STATE IT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO BOARDS & MOTORS I SURE DON'T WANT TO MISQUOTE YOUR ADVERTISMENT
I'll Get Back To You On The Little Misguided Video Later
If What I'M HEARING IS CORRECT YOUR AAA ARE 1000 MAH BECAUSE "THERE ARE NO SPECIAL CELLS THAT SIZE". I bELEIVE THE E-2S ARE ABOUT 2700 MAH BUT I WILL DOUBLE CHECK ON THAT.

Last edited by bOOST HOT : 09-22-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:44 AM #11
DarthAlan
I can help

Quote:
Do You Think This Dumb A** Is Promoting The Sport?
Also You Only Refer To Boost As Having One Product "the Hot Pack" That Frys Motors & Boards/ How About The Recharge Pack At 10.6 Volts? Is It Frying Boards Too?
If What I'M HEARING IS CORRECT YOUR AAA ARE 1000 MAH BECAUSE "THERE ARE NO SPECIAL CELLS THAT SIZE". I bELEIVE THE E-2S ARE ABOUT 2700 MAH BUT I WILL DOUBLE CHECK ON THAT.
Mr. Cross, I did not make this video to compare it to your product. As I told you, I was actually looking for a boost rechargable pack when I saw The Bone. As far as your name calling, I really do not care what you think of me. I did make this video to just show players that there are other options besides alkaline and EČ lithiums.

Do you think my video will really hurt your business enough that you have to flame me and start asking a non-tech technical questions? Do you see David Youngblood jumping on the boards and flaming every video of someone showing how fast their G7, Timmy, Freestyle, or Shocker shoots? I can just see it...
DY: "Uh, another Angel comercial. Questions:
1. Does your G7 have hyperbolic ramping on a 3-5-8-19 scale?
2. What is the dwell?
3. Charge on your G7 is only 4V, right?"

If you want me to make a video of your product I can do that too. Apologize publicly and I will think about buying one of your packs.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 AM #12
2NYCE
NJ JESTERS

Quote:
If What I'M HEARING IS CORRECT YOUR AAA ARE 1000 MAH BECAUSE "THERE ARE NO SPECIAL CELLS THAT SIZE".
hmmm...how about these?
http://www.portablepower.com/items/s...1/all/32R102M3

Quote:
I bELEIVE THE E-2S ARE ABOUT 2700 MAH BUT I WILL DOUBLE CHECK ON THAT.
they are 2900.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...MP=OTC-FROOGLE

Old 09-22-2005, 08:22 AM #13
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
This thread is being watched, please make sure to keep any discussion civil and avoid calling names or flaming. Thanks.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 AM #14
bOOST HOT (Banned)
boost hot

no problem
Old 09-22-2005, 01:03 PM #15
DarthAlan
I can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NYCE
could you please send me a pic of the charger's label?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:26 PM #16
2NYCE
NJ JESTERS

thanks!

Old 09-22-2005, 02:30 PM #17
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
wow the dueydog bone guy is really nice. He explained everything he said in a civil manner.
as for the boost guy, he was a d*ck. there was no need for your flaming.
so boost guy, you were mad that this was a commercial for his product, and it was ruining your business, but i think you just messed up your business by saying what u did. dueydog, thanks for being kind and courteus.

sometimes it takes a 14 year old to figure out how stupid u sound (to the boost guy)
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:04 PM #18
dwolkomir

I agree, I would much rather support someone who doesn't have to resort to flaming others in order to promote their own product. I was thinking about buying a boost, but people who behave like that don't deserve my hard earned money.
www.commandopaintballsports.com/valleyraiders
dwolkomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM #19
dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
Do You Think This Dumb A** Is Promoting The Sport?
Also You Only Refer To Boost As Having One Product "the Hot Pack" That Frys Motors & Boards/ How About The Recharge Pack At 10.6 Volts? Is It Frying Boards Too?
Let's see. Many people and companies do reviews for the sake of public interest. Just like the WARPIG review that I QUOTED, "CLICK THE LINK." That is NOT my opinion, but a public review from a well known company on YOUR product. Are they not also attempting to help inform the player and promote the sport? If you do not like what they say, then go flame them. It's not only my research and Warpigs opinion of the higher circuitry risking harming boards/motors, but also Odyssey states the higher voltage voids warranty.

And, if you would like to put your money were your offensive mouth is, then I'll bet you a large sum that the BONE packs are NOT built with standard AAA cells, but larger, special size cells from the manufacturer. The 1000mah rating is a very conservative rating because I believe in underpromising and overdelivering.

Once again I wonder why someone of your professional level would be responding in such an unprofessional and immature way. The facts are DarthAlan was having fun and doing those that appreciate it a review to the best of his ability and all you have done is bash and flame him. This was never about your product, yet you make it an issue. How about you let this thread be positive and informative or don't post. Ever heard the saying..."If you cannot say something good, then say nothing at all."

Thanks,
Matt

Gear & Parts

Last edited by dueydog : 10-22-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 PM #20
bOOST HOT (Banned)
boost hot

this is what I love about America everyone can express their own opinions freely
Old 09-22-2005, 09:25 PM #21
dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
this is what I love about America everyone can express their own opinions freely
Opinions, ideas and constructive critism are ALWAYS appreciated. Flaming, bashing and whinning are not.

I do not know, have never met and have no affiliation with DarthAlan, but I think he did a great job, much better than most, for just messing around and then shared it with others.

Here's an idea... suggest how he might improve his testing/video rather than bash it.

Thanks,
Matt

Gear & Parts