Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-20-2005, 04:10 AM #1
darkmaelstrom
jjew

has been a member for 10 years
Valentine

I was watching / playing on the Spyder field and heard some pretty good music coming from the main stage on Sunday around 5:30. I asked around and somebody told me it was a band called Valentine, they had a female lead singer. Does anybody know anything about them? I looked them up on Amazon and Allmusic with no results, so I'd appreciate any kind of information if anybody knows what i'm talking about
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 AM #2
swolkid_76

I'm sorry, the distance must have done something, but I was at the ICD booth all day and that band was horrible. there was a band on after them that sounded like dave mathews band that was pretty good.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 AM #3
Kovenant
R.I.P. Steve Irwin

i hated the bands. Get like some real bands up there next time NPPL!

GWC Member #138
HK4LIFE!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM #4
RokindaDmfizzle
RYAN MARTIN #12

RokindaDmfizzle is a Professional paintball player
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the USPL
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the PSP
RokindaDmfizzle plays in the APPA Pro division
ya thos bands suck. some of the vendors next to the stage had ear plugs in b/c they sucked so bad haha
Ryan "Meezy" Martin #12
TEAM XSV
Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 PM #5
dfalcon217 (Banned)

dfalcon217 is a Supporting Member
How bout no bands at all. Made it a P.I.T.A. for playing on the Spyder field and those that were watching the games there.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:19 PM #6
N.M.E.kid22 (Banned)

N.M.E.kid22 is a Supporting Member
idk when i played on the spyder field i didnt even notice the music, it didnt bother me at all, i heard my players fine, and everything was good, we also won that game so that was even better,

but i think they should just put the fields away from the music, i llike having the music but not directly next to the fields
like put the fields all in one row, (like psp northeast),then the pits for the players. and put the vendors next to them, then put hte music on the other side of the vendors, it would be great setup
Old 09-20-2005, 02:35 PM #7
rcxpaintball (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokindaDmfizzle
ya thos bands suck. some of the vendors next to the stage had ear plugs in b/c they sucked so bad haha
No actually [according to Z.MannyMann.Mills who worked booth #31/Money Paintball] they had ear plugs because the speakers were pointed down the isle and were deafing. They had it set way to loud and had a pisspoor location for the stage.The ICD guys were a bit off so they werent getting hit direct with the sound like the money paintball booth, all in all valentine was pretty good though the sound guys had the volume a bit to loud, after the concert [they played sat and sunday] the lead singer and a guy walked around the grounds and stopped by the money paintball booth.

Overall, bands were decent but next time put the stage facing AWAY from booths/vendors and away from fields, but still in an area where people go by, not in the back were no-one will see it.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:42 PM #8
rcxpaintball (Banned)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

and FYI eres their CD.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:53 AM #9
darkmaelstrom
jjew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxpaintball

No, that is a metal band from the 80's-90's.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:02 AM #10
Kovenant
R.I.P. Steve Irwin

I vote no bands in a paintball tournament. People go to paintball tournament to see paintball. End of story. Oh BTW, DO NOT throw free stuff out in the grandtsnads in the MIDDLE OF A FREAKING GAME!!!

GWC Member #138
HK4LIFE!
Old 09-21-2005, 04:36 AM #11
cntBNKRmyION (Banned)

haha i remember that when they threw stuff in the middle of a game...i caught a stress ball/hacky sack whatever it was & threw it back, along with a clone paintball shirt! but yes, the bands sucked, and so did the location odf the stage...i was watching tippy effect play on the spyder field and could barely hear the guns, and couldnt hear the "321 10 seconds" at all...