What is Jason Sehorn smoking? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-18-2005, 10:59 PM #1
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
What is Jason Sehorn smoking?

The most overrated cornerback in the history of the NFL speaks...

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=102651

``(Brady's) not Peyton Manning. I'm taking Peyton any day over him,'' said Sehorn. ``I'm even taking Bulger over him. . . . Hey, everyone has their picks.''

If you're a stat whore, fine; I'll give you Manning. But Marc Bulger?

If someone said that you had to pick a QB for a team made of All-Pros to play the next NFL regular season, would you pick either one over Brady? All things being equal, you'd want Brady leading your team. Manning or Bulger wouldn't even be 3rd on the list. McNabb is another guy with the intagibles that make him more valuable than Manning and Bulger.

Discuss.
Prairie's Brother is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2005, 12:06 AM #2
sk8rguy1193
 
 
sk8rguy1193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Modesto, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
marc bulger is a great qb. in the regular season, he has prob a tad bit higher stats than brady. but in the postseason, i would take brady any day. he is such a great qb in the clutch.
__________________
UCDavis Class of 2010

ΣΙΓMA AΛΦA EΨΛON

Originally posted by paintballmatt15
because smart parts supposrts the NAACP, and lets face it, nobody really likes black people... "
"Originally posted by pearldrummer722
You know you got owned when a 2005er tells you it was posted before... "
sk8rguy1193 is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 AM #3
SOMEBODYzSOn
horizons fall before me
 
SOMEBODYzSOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: In the Mouth of Madness.
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't know Manning is a great QB, and can read a defence better then anyone out their right now..
__________________
To odd to live, To rare to Die.
.................................................. ...........Dutch Master #1

Co-Captain of the Purdue University Rugby Team.

Just because a monkey can climb a tree doesn't mean you can build a house... - Dr. Phil
SOMEBODYzSOn is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 12:25 AM #4
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury
 
paintballhead5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Clovis C.A.
paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
its tought, but i pick manning
__________________
Originally Posted by Vegard:
As an average joe consumer I'd put more trust into Bob in sweatpants than a corporate slick in a suit.

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
paintballhead5 is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 AM #5
not_BRONCO
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
not_BRONCO is a Supporting Member
Brady is overrated in my eyes. I don't see why anyone would want anyone other than Manning.
__________________
TEK
not_BRONCO is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 01:54 AM #6
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury
 
paintballhead5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Clovis C.A.
paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_BRONCO
Brady is overrated in my eyes. I don't see why anyone would want anyone other than Manning.
Brady is no where near overrated. By most he isnt even considered in the top 4 quarterbacks in the nfl, yet he has won more superbowls than the "top quarterbacks".

Brady is one of the best and dosnt get the credit he deserves. Not many quarterbacks make as good of decisions as him and make such great throws. Brady is over shadowed by the flashy quarterbacks that throw MULTIPLE touchdowns.
__________________
Originally Posted by Vegard:
As an average joe consumer I'd put more trust into Bob in sweatpants than a corporate slick in a suit.

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
paintballhead5 is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:44 AM #7
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_BRONCO
Brady is overrated in my eyes. I don't see why anyone would want anyone other than Manning.
Because no matter where he is or who he's playing, he doesn't play up to typical Peyton Manning standards in big game situations. It has happened so many times that it is moving beyond coincidence.
Prairie's Brother is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 07:13 AM #8
fpoba
Homie
 
fpoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: so,fla.
I would always take Peyton over Brady and Bulger
__________________
VIVA LA NATION
1 in every 4 people are crazy.Now think of your three closest friends..........if its not them, its you.
fpoba is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 07:46 AM #9
notsolegato (Banned)
omg dino with a hat?!?!
 
notsolegato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMEBODYzSOn
I don't know Manning is a great QB, and can read a defence better then anyone out their right now..
unless the defense happens to be jacksonville.
notsolegato is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM #10
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Oh yes, the Manning vs. Brady debate.

Well let me make this easy for ya'll Manning > Brady. And I can give you 49 reasons why I'd rather have manning. Brady is the product of a great team, the colts being great is a product of Manning. So you need to look at whos the better QB, not who plays for the better team. You give Manning a New England-like defense and that team goes 16-0.


Anyone caring to debate this, feel free, but be warned, your going to lose.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 12:24 PM #11
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
Oh yes, the Manning vs. Brady debate.

Well let me make this easy for ya'll Manning > Brady. And I can give you 49 reasons why I'd rather have manning. Brady is the product of a great team, the colts being great is a product of Manning. So you need to look at whos the better QB, not who plays for the better team. You give Manning a New England-like defense and that team goes 16-0.


Anyone caring to debate this, feel free, but be warned, your going to lose.
QFMFAT
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 09:52 PM #12
HookedonFonix (Banned)
Banned
 
HookedonFonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 818 retort?
 has been a member for 10 years
I dislike both of them, I prefer a qb who can run and take a hit.
HookedonFonix is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 12:31 PM #13
t_mo (Banned)
Baller Status
 
t_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boston
 has been a member for 10 years
i dont understand how they talk about brady as one of the "best quarterbacks ever" and a "strong hall of fame candidate". yet he is not considered one of the best quarterbacks to be playing right now? doesnt make sense to me.

manning is THE best quarterback playing right now today, and could go down as the best ever if he continues to put up numbers like he is. but i still feel brady gets no credit for what he has done.
t_mo is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:07 PM #14
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Who does history look at as a better QB, Montana or Marino? Marino or Elway?

Random point #2...what All-Pros did Brady have the 1st 2 Super Bowl years? If you can win with Faulk and Smith as your RBs and Branch and Brown as your WRs, you're doing something right. Brady could get relatively close to Manning's numbers if he played for Indy. I doubt that Manning could lead a team like the Pats to a Super Bowl win.
Prairie's Brother is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:46 PM #15
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
I beg to differ on the Manning being the best subject. Brett Favre is third or second in ALOT of the major passing categories, and hes active with a couple years left. He will be a top 5 quarterback of all-time, mark my words. As of right now Manning has more weapons than Favre, but I guarantee you if Favre had a team he could win another SB.

EDIT:http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/favre_watch/

There you have it, if he finishes this year and plays all of next year and maybe he could be 1st in 3 categories. Id be tough to top Marino, since he played for a long time, but if anyone can Favre can.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets

Last edited by reactionkilla : 09-21-2005 at 11:51 PM.
reactionkilla is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:55 PM #16
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie's Brother
Who does history look at as a better QB, Montana or Marino? Marino or Elway?

Random point #2...what All-Pros did Brady have the 1st 2 Super Bowl years? If you can win with Faulk and Smith as your RBs and Branch and Brown as your WRs, you're doing something right. Brady could get relatively close to Manning's numbers if he played for Indy. I doubt that Manning could lead a team like the Pats to a Super Bowl win.

What All-Pros did Brady have? Lets see, Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrioson, Keith Traylor, Willie McGinest, Ted Washington....need I go on? Brady had a good offensive line, and decent offensive weapons in Brown, Branch, Patten, etc., but what they lacked on offense they more then made up with on defnense.

And I garuantee you Brady would get no where near the numbers Manning has, Brady dinks and dunks his way down the field and doesnt have the arm strenght or the accuracy manning does, Brady wouldnt have the balls to waive off his punt team over bellicheck on 4th down and 13 when he was trailing by two scores late in the 4th quarter. And to say Manning couldnt do what Brady does is just absolutly rediculous, Brady is more along the lines of Trent Dilfer when he was in Baltimore or Brad Johnson when he was in Tampa, or hell, even Bradshaw who was a mediocore QB at best and rode an incredible defense to the superbowl.


Edit- Favre is definatly top 3 off all time, he is the man, and it will be a hollow day when he retires, but I dont think he'll be here next year.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain

Last edited by Fat Joe : 09-21-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 12:11 AM #17
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
What All-Pros did Brady have? Lets see, Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrioson, Keith Traylor, Willie McGinest, Ted Washington....need I go on? Brady had a good offensive line, and decent offensive weapons in Brown, Branch, Patten, etc., but what they lacked on offense they more then made up with on defnense.

And I garuantee you Brady would get no where near the numbers Manning has, Brady dinks and dunks his way down the field and doesnt have the arm strenght or the accuracy manning does, Brady wouldnt have the balls to waive off his punt team over bellicheck on 4th down and 13 when he was trailing by two scores late in the 4th quarter. And to say Manning couldnt do what Brady does is just absolutly rediculous, Brady is more along the lines of Trent Dilfer when he was in Baltimore or Brad Johnson when he was in Tampa, or hell, even Bradshaw who was a mediocore QB at best and rode an incredible defense to the superbowl.
These guys are smarter than you.

And I quote

Manning’s passer rating of 143.8, meanwhile, made the Pro Bowl the third best statistical game of his record-shattering 2004 season.
Of course, Manning apologists will look at this as a sign of his greatness. The Cold, Hard Football Facts point and laugh, fully aware that greatness rears its head not in the Pro Bowl scrimmage, but in the do-or-die pressure of playoff football.
Prairie's Brother is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 12:37 AM #18
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Those guys are absolutly not smarter then me, I **** on them. Notice how they leave out all the other things when talking about the Pats vs. Colts. Who had the better defense? Obviously the Pats, who had the ball longer? The pats. How many of those drops were exaclty that, drops of balls that hit recievers in the hands? How effective was each teams ground game? A Corey Dillion vs. and Indy defense that was ranked 29th overall in the league? Or Edge against a top 10 defense? You can compare numbers, but when it comes down to it, Manning eats Brady for breakfast.


Now lets break down the inconsistencys in the numbers-

They say Brady is averging 24.2 TDs per season since entering the league in 01 as a full time starter. In those same 4 years, Manning averages 32.7, thats roughly 8.5 more per season then Brady. Even in his entire career, Manning is still averaging 30.8 TDs per season, at that rate he'll destroy Marinos record with 523, a crap load more then the estimated 388 Brady would post.

And as far as the being able to win the big game goes, give Manning a defense and watch what happens. That'll be this year by the way.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 01:38 AM #19
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ha!
Prairie's Brother is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 AM #20
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury
 
paintballhead5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Clovis C.A.
paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
Those guys are absolutly not smarter then me, I **** on them. Notice how they leave out all the other things when talking about the Pats vs. Colts. Who had the better defense? Obviously the Pats, who had the ball longer? The pats. How many of those drops were exaclty that, drops of balls that hit recievers in the hands? How effective was each teams ground game? A Corey Dillion vs. and Indy defense that was ranked 29th overall in the league? Or Edge against a top 10 defense? You can compare numbers, but when it comes down to it, Manning eats Brady for breakfast.


Now lets break down the inconsistencys in the numbers-

They say Brady is averging 24.2 TDs per season since entering the league in 01 as a full time starter. In those same 4 years, Manning averages 32.7, thats roughly 8.5 more per season then Brady. Even in his entire career, Manning is still averaging 30.8 TDs per season, at that rate he'll destroy Marinos record with 523, a crap load more then the estimated 388 Brady would post.

And as far as the being able to win the big game goes, give Manning a defense and watch what happens. That'll be this year by the way.
QFT!!! Brady is a great quarterback, but he isnt as great as manning. As you said, if manning had a GREAT defence like the pats have had he would have much more big game success. Im sorry but doing good in the probowl means a lot, imo. You are playing with and against the BEST players in the NFL. I think his performance in the probowl shows what he could do with a great team.
__________________
Originally Posted by Vegard:
As an average joe consumer I'd put more trust into Bob in sweatpants than a corporate slick in a suit.

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
paintballhead5 is offline  
Old 09-22-2005, 10:12 AM #21
Prairie's Brother
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the ATL
Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballhead5
QFT!!! Brady is a great quarterback, but he isnt as great as manning. As you said, if manning had a GREAT defence like the pats have had he would have much more big game success. Im sorry but doing good in the probowl means a lot, imo. You are playing with and against the BEST players in the NFL. I think his performance in the probowl shows what he could do with a great team.

Have you ever watched the Pro Bowl? It is the ultimate meaningless exhibtion game. No one gives 100% or even 85%. Stats and performances in the Pro Bowl mean as much as this arguement has.

And it is spelled 'defense'; unless you're British. That'd be weird though.
Prairie's Brother is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump