PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 PM #1
Scourge2406
Team Scourge (Captain)

Paint Problem

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a small problem that i have run into. I recently opened a field (nothing special, just shipping crates, and spools) that was made with the player in mind. Low paint prices, no admission fee, basically free to play except for the paint (it cost me nothing to start this field, but i would like to make a few bucks selling paint for all my hard work).
This is where i ran into my little problem. I originally planned on buying paint in bulk from the local paintball store and selling it back to players for more than i bought it for. Problem is, the paintball store sells the paint for almost retail price (for example, you can get Xball Bronz for $11, pretty cheap!) and there for, i cant really sell the paint for more than i bought it for cause the pb store wont give me a discount for buying in bulk. Also, if the players knew they could get it cheaper down the road, they wouldnt buy from me (its BYOP or buy from the field).
Basically, i'm asking if there is a good quality paintball that i can sell for a reasonable price. I'm looking for paint that would cost me about $10-$11 or less, so i can sell it to players for $14-$15, which is cheap as field paint go's. The store carries Formula 13 and Xball Bronz, so i would to avoid selling thoughs. Thanks
Team Website:
www.scourgepaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2005, 07:25 PM #2
Titanium

has been a member for 10 years
are you wanting to buy in bulk in bags? not sure what you are talking about $10-11, guessing that's a per bag price...

I would think for any store owner to give you any kind of break you would have to buy at a minimum of 5 cases..

not sure how much paint you are going through right now
Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM #3
Scourge2406
Team Scourge (Captain)

Yeah, i ment $10-$11 per bag, but im wanting to buy cases in bulk (so, $40-$42 per case). For some reason the guy at the pbstore doesnt want anything to do with the field, the guy is sorta weird, and really doesnt like giving discounts for anything.

The field is open every Sat, and i usually go through 4 cases.
Team Website:
www.scourgepaintball.com
Old 09-16-2005, 07:46 PM #4
Titanium

well...if he doesn't want anything to do with you, I would start looking for alternatives....

there are some .coms that will sell batches of 5 cases for reduced rates, not sure how much savings you will get after you pay shipping..

best thing is to pickup the phone and ask..
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 PM #5
Viper|RSX
Gunna need a Bigger Boat

Viper|RSX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Viper|RSX supports Team VICIOUS
Viper|RSX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Viper|RSX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Go and get your self a resale licence then get on the phone an open an account and get the paint for wholesale.... If it cost a little to get the licence its worth it

I live in Brooklyn and my Brother in law and I are trying to get a resale licence so we can open a pro shop just for paint and gun parts, and Jerseys and stuff

Feedback
Old 09-16-2005, 09:19 PM #6
x420psykoticx
Business Cat

Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Cases of "Charge" go for around $30 a case, retail, and that stuff works pretty well. Nice fill, nice shell, no dimples/dents, consistent.