Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-15-2005, 04:31 PM #1
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

has been a member for 10 years
Fantasy Football - Rumors, Truths, News and Advice

I figured we should have a thread devoted to the world of Fantasy Football and the stories circulating about our players. A place where we can ask or tell things we've heard from friends / coworkers, read in the local paper, saw on the news or found online. To help each other out, a place we can go for advice.

Example:

I have Jeremy Shockey as my TE in one of my leagues. I know he hurt his ankle in last weeks game. Has anyone heard any news on if he will be playing and if so, will he start and is he 100%? Or should I go with a back up?

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2005, 04:42 PM #2
misterwaterfallin (Banned)

Who is your back up TE? I heard is was just a sprain, but I didn't hear how bad it was.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:46 PM #3
Beers78n9

Backup is Alex Smith TBB, he is the rookie who had 2 TDs last week. But I am leery because he is a rook and they play Buffalo, while NYG plays NO

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old 09-15-2005, 04:49 PM #4
Kustom Kid
Fueled by Monster

I went 3 and 1 this week for my fantasy teams. Not bad considering I barely made any moves from the auto drafts on Yahoo. No news to report otherwise.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:38 PM #5
Sphinctar
Push It

I picked up Eggerin James in the 2nd round.

EDIT: And it was the 4th pick of the 2nd round, mind you.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:10 AM #6
Crcowboyfan

I also have Jeremy Shockey, but I have Randy McMichael as my backup. Who do you think I should start? It is possible for me to start both of them because our league has a WR/TE position.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 AM #7
Beers78n9

i got this off the NYG website about yesterdays practice

Tight end Jeremy Shockey did not practice today because of the sprained ankle he suffered Sunday against Arizona.

He ran on the side, coach Tom Coughlin said. Hes got some soreness there still and itll be a day-to-day thing, Im sure.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:38 PM #8
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crcowboyfan
I also have Jeremy Shockey, but I have Randy McMichael as my backup. Who do you think I should start? It is possible for me to start both of them because our league has a WR/TE position.

If you have a WR/TE flex position on your roster, then yes, you can start both. We have that in my league(s) and depending on injuries I usually go w/ the 4th WR rather then a second TE, but one way or another Mcmichael and Shockey are two pretty good TE's to have starting.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 09-17-2005, 12:31 PM #9
MeRfCaKe

I have McNabb with Brees as my backup, but I'm not sure who to start. If McNabb gets hit in the chest again in week 2 it could severly affect his passing and he might even get pulled. Brees on the other hand has McCardell and Gates returning in week 2. So I'm having a hard time sitting McNabb, but Brees almost seems like a better start. Help appreciated.
Custom Cockers
Old 09-17-2005, 03:25 PM #10
notsolegato (Banned)

i would go with brees. steve mcnair struggled after the sternum injury. take a week to see how he's going to do....plus brees + gates=win
Old 09-17-2005, 03:37 PM #11
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Never, ever bench a top 5 QB if hes going to be playing, injury or not, its well worth the risk, especially when you consider Denver owns SD in denver, I wouldnt expect a very high scoring game in Denver on sunday at all, probably end up being a 14-10 or 13-7 type game.

Start Mcnabb, hes well worth the risk of getting hurt, especially since they're playing sanfran.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:15 PM #12
Beers78n9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
Never, ever bench a top 5 QB if hes going to be playing, injury or not, its well worth the risk, especially when you consider Denver owns SD in denver, I wouldnt expect a very high scoring game in Denver on sunday at all, probably end up being a 14-10 or 13-7 type game.

Start Mcnabb, hes well worth the risk of getting hurt, especially since they're playing sanfran.

Dats da troof

Old 09-20-2005, 11:01 PM #13
HookedonFonix (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolegato
i would go with brees. steve mcnair struggled after the sternum injury. take a week to see how he's going to do....plus brees + gates=win
My thoughts exactly, but they've been sucking lately. Imo, LT's running should open up gates for some play action fakes, leading to a lot of yardage for brees. Not sure though, never done fantasy before..
Old 09-21-2005, 12:13 AM #14
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedonFonix
My thoughts exactly, but they've been sucking lately. Imo, LT's running should open up gates for some play action fakes, leading to a lot of yardage for brees. Not sure though, never done fantasy before..

Yea you'd think that, or Champ Bailey would pick him off and take it to the house and they Chargers would net 57 yards in the entire second half. one or the other....
Old 09-23-2005, 04:57 PM #15
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury

paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Who should i start this week in fantisy football, mcnabb or carson palmer? Both are playing amazing football right now.

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
Old 09-23-2005, 10:39 PM #16
JJ987

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballhead5
Who should i start this week in fantisy football, mcnabb or carson palmer? Both are playing amazing football right now.
I dont care how good of a season palmer is having, you always start mcnabb if he is on your team
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM #17
MeRfCaKe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ987
I dont care how good of a season palmer is having, you always start mcnabb if he is on your team
Yeah but he's playing with some nagging injuries. Then again, he did the same last week and gave me 41 points.

Another debate: Fred Taylor or Willie Parker? Updates say that Jax's coach wants to run the ball more which is good for Taylor, but Parker has been running over everybody. The thing is that they're playing the Pats this week, and even though their run defense isn't like it was last year, its still a tough decision to play or sit Parker.
Custom Cockers

Last edited by MeRfCaKe : 09-24-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:46 PM #18
Beers78n9

Well last week the Pats gave up over 100yds rushing and 3 rushing TD's. Whereas the Jets gave up only 58yds rushing and no rushing TD's.

Fred Taylor rushed for 76yds against Seattle in week 1 and 81yds and against Indy last week. With no TDs in either game

Willie Parker rushed for 161yds and 1 TD against the Titans in week 1 and 111yds and a TD last week against Houston.

Also, Willie Parker is fighting for his spot because bith Deuce Staley and Jerome Bettis will be healthy again soon. And he wants their jobs.

I say. You gotta go with Willie Parker.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:39 AM #19
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury

paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Ok which defense should i go with, the chiefs or the falcons? The falcons are playn buffalo and the chiefs are playn denver.

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
Old 09-25-2005, 11:46 AM #20
JJ987

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballhead5
Ok which defense should i go with, the chiefs or the falcons? The falcons are playn buffalo and the chiefs are playn denver.
id go with teh falcons, iam still not sold on the chiefs defense
Old 09-25-2005, 11:49 AM #21
Beers78n9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ987
id go with teh falcons, iam still not sold on the chiefs defense
thats probably the best advice. Falcons are solid d