PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-14-2005, 01:06 PM #1
Alphy

has been a member for 10 years
need some PGP info/help....

Well, was at a local sale and came across an older PGP.....for a couple bucks.....so I now own it. Externally it is in really good shape but the bolt is alittle siezed up....wont pump. Anybody experienced with restoring these things.....since its in great shape I dont really want to beat it up too badly during disassembly. Any advice appreciated.

Also, the serial # is P051405. Anybody have a clue as to when this thing may have been made? Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2005, 03:36 PM #2
Steve@GF
I'm huge in Japan.

Hi,
Un-siezing a PGP bolt is a bit on the tricky side. Give Crosman Customer Support a call at 18007AIRGUN. Have them patch you through to me (Steve in paintball). I can walk you through it.
While you're on the horn with them, they can research your serial number to get your pgp's born on date.
--------------------------------------
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 PM #3
bag3lbit3s
Is my name

Get some pics and post on mcarterbrown.com and they will help you in no time...those guys know everything about older guns...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:44 AM #4
Alphy

Thanks Steve, but I managed to get her free today. Used a piece of 1/2" copper pipe placed down the barrel and tapped the end with a hammer.

The internals were in better shape then I expected, being siezed up. I put a total of 2 hours into this and shes rebuilt and back together(minus the valve). I had to lightly scrape some muck off of the bolt, but thats all it more harsh I had to be with it. The barrel bore even looks rather well polished still! Ill post some pics shortly.

I called that number.....they cant track my serial number.

Also.....there was a 12gram still in this thing and it was stuck. I had to pry it out through the front gripframe screw hole. The seal came out with it. Does anybody have a trick as to getting that back in without removing the valve, and also where to get a valve tool if I want one?
Old 09-15-2005, 09:59 AM #5
Alphy

couple pics:

valve chamber BEFORE i cleaned it....i thought this would look alot worse then it did

after alittle cleaning, but not very much
Old 09-15-2005, 04:15 PM #6
Steve@GF
I'm huge in Japan.

Same advice -- call Crosman (we MAKE the PGP) Customer Support. If they can't help you, have them patch you through to me (Steve @ Gameface. We're the paintball division of Crosman.) Putting chamber face seals back into markers without taking out the valve body assembly. I can probably scrounge up another valve tool. My personal one got gaffled at a tournament.
--------------------------------------
Old 09-15-2005, 05:09 PM #7
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dude man, steve is great, he's my hero!!