Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-11-2005, 05:58 PM #1
Jasiono (Banned)
Banned

Jasiono is a Supporting Member
Ebay store? Online store?

Question:
Ok, if I were to mail pb2xreme or other paintball companies, like, smart parts, and tell them I would like to start an online store, do you think they would allow it?
Like, either an ebay store or online store, one of those but I wouldnt actually have a shop..... yet ?
Would I have to get a liscence for this ?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2005, 07:10 PM #2
CrazyLemurBoy
PBStar Lord

has been a member for 10 years
Yes, you need a business licence. All the big players won't deal with you, they are intent on returning the business to where it belongs, on the front lines, in the trenches. Paintball has 20387402394 online businesses, and we don't need more then a couple. There is very little markup, if you feel like starting an e-business, choose another market, this one is flooded.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:12 PM #3
Jasiono (Banned)
Banned

Jasiono is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLemurBoy
Yes, you need a business licence. All the big players won't deal with you, they are intent on returning the business to where it belongs, on the front lines, in the trenches. Paintball has 20387402394 online businesses, and we don't need more then a couple. There is very little markup, if you feel like starting an e-business, choose another market, this one is flooded.
Hmm, so I couldn't do anything paintball related like clothes eh. Well, maybe I could do videogames or something.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 AM #4
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
If you want to get wholesale accounts on ANYTHING, you'll need a business license. If you're happy paying retail, then marking it up some more - go for it.
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:38 AM #5
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Video games have the worst margin of any retail item.

A few e-bay and online paintball businesses that would work:

1. Refurbished Items. Buy used non working items and fix and resell.

2. Self manufactured items. Make your own products to sell in lot quantities or individually.

3. Old stock. Buy out a manufacturer or distributor's old (ancient) stock in its entirety. Bundle it with newer items as a newbie package.

Most of my ebay selling friends are going out of business. Between e-bay's fees, paypal fees, and shipping fees, they make very little profit.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:20 PM #6
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
NO.SPD.LIMIT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you are in it for the money this is not the place for you. What it said by the rest of the gentlemen in this thread holds ture. Sorry dude
Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 PM #7
higginsjohn
Quante Tuam Togam

higginsjohn is a Supporting Member
You can't make it on eBay as a paintball reseller- trust me, I've tried. Almost all companies mandate that you have a brick and mortar store to even sell to you. After that, you are losing almost $10/item after eBay insertion fees, Paypal fees, and eBay final value fees. It's very difficult to even break even.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:10 AM #8
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
I am with you...I tried the Ebay store thing for a year and lost tons of money. Ebay is way too greedy. When you figure selling a $800 shocker for $650 in order to compete, then getting slapped with $30 final value fee, $8 listing fee, $26 paypal fee and offering free shipping + the number of listings that never sell...It was a waste of time and money.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:06 AM #9
Tonto
Shoot, then ask Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxTxCxNx
Video games have the worst margin of any retail item.

A few e-bay and online paintball businesses that would work:

1. Refurbished Items. Buy used non working items and fix and resell.

2. Self manufactured items. Make your own products to sell in lot quantities or individually.

3. Old stock. Buy out a manufacturer or distributor's old (ancient) stock in its entirety. Bundle it with newer items as a newbie package.

Most of my ebay selling friends are going out of business. Between e-bay's fees, paypal fees, and shipping fees, they make very little profit.

--dada
Video games are not the worst magin in retail. Retail new games are 50 dollars and that is a 20 percent markup. I know of a lot less margin items. The consoles bring 0 margin and cds can bring in negitive margin. We sell them below costs so that it brings people into the store.

You couldn't hit water if you fell off a boat.
Feedback 4+ / 0-
+1 Gun Sale/Trade