PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2002, 04:55 AM #1
b00sted

has been a member for 10 years
What brand/type batteries do YOU use in your Halo B?

I bought a Halo B a few weeks back, but have yet to use it, or power it up.

I'm looking for some rechargeable AAs that give as close to alkaline power as possible.

What does everyone use in their Halo B?

P.S. If anyone wants to trade a red shell for a brand new, never used smoke shell, PM me.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2002, 12:02 PM #2
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
I use the energizer titanium (E2) batteries. The last set i had lasted for 5 consecutive weeks, playing both days every weekend. Good enough.

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 08-06-2002, 12:52 PM #3
Reciprocity

There are now Rechargable Alkaline AA and AAA. Lenmar and Rayovac make them. I have not seen rechargable alakline 9v yet but I would imagin they will soon make them. Suposidly the rechargable Alaklines are beter then even premium non rechargables, but that could just be marketing hype.

http://www.outpost.com/product/2577811/

From the link above:

Introducing the Lenmar Chargeables™ Rechargeable Alkaline Battery System.

Forget the bunny.
What today's consumer's want is a battery that really keeps going and going: The new Lenmar Charge?ables Rechargeable Alkaline Battery System comes back from the dead. Over and over again. Giving you more than ten times the savings over standard alkalines! Which is why these are the batteries people like you are asking for, over and over again.

Now you have the power to forget about ordinary batteries.
Forget about buying disposable batteries by the truckload. Forget about not having a battery when you need it. What you really want is power that goes on and on. And that's exactly what you get with the Lenmar Charge?ables Rechargeable Alkaline Battery System. It gives you powerful advantages over practically every other battery made.

There's a new choice in town.
Until now you had to choose between standard single-use batteries and rechargeable 1.2 volt Nickel-Cadmium (NiCd) batteries that often failed to perform. Now Lenmar Charge?ables gives you the best of both worlds and the disadvantages of neither.

This is no ordinary alkaline battery.
Lenmar Charge?ables gives you the longer life advantage of alkaline combined with the cost-savings of a rechargeable battery. Each battery can be recharged over and over to give you more than 10 times the life of ordinary batteries - meaning more power potential you can depend on. Plus, they're fully charged and ready to use right out of the package.

This is no ordinary rechargeable battery.
The problem with rechargeable NiCd batteries is they have to be fully discharged before taking a new full charge, or they lose capacity - that's called memory. But Lenmar's Charge?ables Rechargeable Alkaline Batteries have no memory, meaning they can be charged at any time, from any level of charge. And unlike other rechargeable batteries with only 1.2 volts, Charge?ables produce a full 1.5 volts, to keep up with the power demands of today's electronic products. Also, unlike NiCd, NiMH and many alkaline batteries which contain mercury, Charge?ables batteries are environmentally friendly.

Here are more advantages:

Higher capacities than NiCd batteries
No memory problems of NiCd batteries
Batteries come pre-charged, with a 5-year shelf life, unlike NiCd's
1.5 volts keeps charge longer than 1.2 volt NiCd's
Environmentally friendly- no dangerous mercury, nickel or cadmium
2- and 4- station chargers charge both AA and AAA sizes
Choose your battery. Choose your charger.
The Lenmar Charge?ables System offers a choice of AA and AAA size batteries, plus a choice of two-station and four-station chargers, and each can charge AA and AAA size Charge?ables batteries. Now, with the Lenmar Chargeables Rechargeable Alkaline Battery System, the way you buy batteries is about to change.
The Ultimate Battery. The Ultimate System.
This new battery system was developed by the inventor of single-use alkaline batteries, who recognized the superiority of alkaline power and the memory problems inherent in NiCd batteries. With Charge?ables, the more often you charge them, the longer life they'll give. Save Money! Lenmar Charge?ables is the most reliable, most cost-effective way to get fast renewable power for cameras, remote controls, portable stereos and more. You'll love how much they save compared to regular disposable batteries. You'll also appreciate that Charge?ables batteries are ready to go right out of the package and hold their charge. Where's the best place to use Lenmar's Chargeables Rechargeable Alkaline Batteries? Any place you're using standard AA and AAA batteries and then tossing your dead batteries away. Now you can save money on the batteries you use for: Toys and games Portable stereos, CD players and tape players Film Cameras Pagers and remote controls Flashlights And more
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 08-08-2002, 05:07 AM #4
b00sted

Has anyone tried those batteries?

Or ordered from the outpost.com?

The charger package + 4 batteries + 2 more batteries would be perfect, and cheap for under $20...if they are everything they claim.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:23 AM #5
Reciprocity

You can get them at Fry's if you have one near you. Outpost.com is a fairly large company. If you remember the commercials on TV with the guy shooting the gerbil at the target with a cannon. They also had one where they released rabid dogs on a high school band that was practicing on the football field. They had a few pretty funny commercials.
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 08-08-2002, 02:05 PM #6
b00sted

I need the batteries for this weekend. I went down to my local Radio Shack but they were all out of alkaline rechargeables.

The closest Frys is 25 minutes away...any other place that would have alkaline rechargeables?
Old 08-08-2002, 02:26 PM #7
youm0nt

get NIMH(NIckel Metal Hybird) batteries