lame salad

has been a member for 10 years
16 in 2 hours baby!!!
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2002, 11:59 PM #23
EasterBunny
Banned

do u think i should get a boomstick, i want to but its not like its better than the blazer barrel, but i want a 16 or 14in
Old 08-09-2002, 09:46 AM #24
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Boomsticks are great, but they're way overpriced.

they something around 120 for one barrel, not a kit with multiple back pieces.

the J&J Edge kit is nice, for only 30 more than a Boomstick. I think CP has a kit too, but not sure.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:32 AM #25
ballyhoo33

ballyhoo33 is a Supporting Member
You're wasting your money if you have a spiral vented PPS barrel for your Blazer. With the exception of ultra small or very large paint, PPS barrels can handle any size paint. I've shot DYE stainless, BOA Express, Lapco Bigshots, and various Smart Parts barrels and they did not shoot as well as the PPS barrel that came with my Blazer.

Jeff
Old 08-09-2002, 12:37 PM #26
EasterBunny
Banned

Quote:
Boomsticks are great, but they're way overpriced.
i found a site that selling them for 98 bucks

Quote:
I think CP has a kit too, but not sure.
custom products pro-barrel kits, they come with 10in to 18in barrel lengths and coems with 5 diff bores
Old 08-09-2002, 12:47 PM #27
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Quote:
Originally posted by EasterBunny

i found a site that selling them for 98 bucks

still not a good deal. I found 2 DYE ALuminums for 19.99 each, one for each of my guns
Old 08-09-2002, 12:48 PM #28
ballyhoo33

Before you go buy a bunch of barrels and have them turned down to fit Blazers, shoot cases of paint through the PPS barrel. Take some time and find the best way to insert the barrel if you didn't get the barrel matched.

If PPS thought that there should be a number of barrels with different bore sizes, or a barrel system that can switch part of the barrel to a different bore size, they would have thought of that long ago. Smart PArts, CP, and countless other manufacturers are simply making money off of a gimick.

Why don't you ask people on POG ( www.paintmagazine.com ) or www.docsmachine.com about barrels with inserts on a Blazer or any gun.

Jeff

*Edit* Made URLs for Docs and POG.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:52 PM #29
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

not every gun has the care put into it that Palmer's guns do. and even if it doesn't make sense. a good match makes for very accurate shots.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:59 PM #30
ballyhoo33

Quote:
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
not every gun has the care put into it that Palmer's guns do. and even if it doesn't make sense. a good match makes for very accurate shots.
I can't deny the second half of your post. However, if a PPS shoots just as accurate as say a DYE or CP barrel, why spend the extra money for it? If a field or tournament offers 3-5 brands/types of paint, surely one of those types will fit into the barrel that you own. I have 2 barrels for my Blazer, both the same bore, just different lengths (8 and 10"). I have 6 or 7 barrels for my Viking and Sniper II but use the same two every time, the stock Javelin barrel anda CP barrel. The other I have acqured over the years and they sit in a barrel bag.

Jeff

Jeff
Old 08-09-2002, 01:03 PM #31
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Yeah, Palmer's barrels are the exception.

I wouldn't buy a gun for over 400 that needed a new barrel personally
Old 08-09-2002, 01:03 PM #32
EasterBunny
Banned

i know this, i just wan one cuz they look cool and i have money to burn
Old 08-09-2002, 01:05 PM #33
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Quote:
Originally posted by EasterBunny
and i have money to burn
well then give it to me....
Old 08-09-2002, 01:16 PM #34
EasterBunny
Banned

perhaps..........
Old 08-10-2002, 11:50 AM #35
sygyzy

sygyzy is a Supporting Member
I think you all secretly want me to mod this forum ...
All markers for sale
Old 08-10-2002, 04:19 PM #36
PBKoko
Stroke it good

oh, yeah, of course *glares at sygyzy as he tries to hide his "PPS Blazer for sale thread"*

VSC/SC Phantom
Old 08-10-2002, 04:25 PM #37
sygyzy

sygyzy is a Supporting Member
HAHAH! You have me laughing quite hard. Thanks bud.
All markers for sale
Old 08-25-2002, 04:00 PM #38
Movie Guy

My Answers to the afore mentioned questions:

1) Nope. Aside from being the worst technically skilled person ever, I've been told by Glenn to never ever try to take apart one of his markers again. Let's just say he was not to pleased with my attempt @ modifying a Stroker trigger....which had to be reassembled by Craig. hehehehe You live and you learn.

2) Typhoons and Strokers are very easy to discern at a glance. 99% of Strokers have matching stacked tubes (ie - the barrel portion of the body ends the same length as the lower tube, where the valve and spring and "guts" of the marker are). A Typhoon will have a longer lower tube, and it is necessary to get the larger valve and higher peak performance out of the Palmerized valve design (more efficient then the original Sheridan design).

3) My thoughts on the Tempest.....it would be easy to replicate, but probably should not be. However, I'm trying to talk the right people in the Maelstrom. A Blazer with a RaceGun frame on it.

4) Ah, Camille. Glenn's estranged missing marker. Amazing how over $15,000 worth of gear is overlooked, and someone would take lil ole Camille. The long and the short of it is this: Camille is the only hard evidence that proves Glenn was the first to design a pneumatic semi-auto paintball gun. It is the mother of the Hurricane, which is the Father of the Typhoon, which is the Mother of the Blazer. Anyone follow that?

5) Somewhere between 60-70 shots per ounce. So about 800+ out of a 12oz Co2 tank.

6) 45 frames on Strokers are not yet available from PPS. If you want a 45 frame, and you have a Stroker or Typhoon, try Doc Nickel or Punisher Customs (or other shops).

7) Freaks can't be turned down for a Blazer. There's not enough, "meat" on the Freak bone. There may be an alternative in the future (check out the PowerLyte barrel kits), but I have not yet inquired about getting those turned down for a Blazer. If you were going to buy a barrel to be turned down for Blazer use....Doc Nickel (among others) suggests Angel threaded barrels, as they have one of the longer shafts, and have more meat on them, making the barrel prime candidates for being turned down. As well, LAPCO and BOA produce Blazer barrels.

8) Well if you called Lori a secretary, you might get your butt kicked. Office Manager, Saint, the "brains of the operation," (quote from Glenn) and definitely the business manager of PPS.....now THAT'S Lori.

9) 5 or 6. Never more then one @ any given time, and they all had the same name (I know, it's bad luck to use the same name for each marker, but hey, it's kind of my own tradition): Fate. "There's no Fate, but what we make."

10) Right now, your two choices are: shiny silver (nickel) or dull silver (nickel). However, PPS is working with a couple of local shops, to try and get powdercoating for their brass markers. It's still very early on in the proto-type stages, and may never become available to us......but they're trying. They will not make it available unless Glenn is satisfied with the quality of the process, and the life of the finish.

11) A Painter is Palmer's version of a KP-3 rifle. Like a Houndstooth to a Piranha LB, it's a custom built pump gun that incorporates the Palmer valve system, and the efficiency of a Palmer marker. Painters are only available as long as you provide the stock and the trigger mechanism....this goes for the Hurricane as well.

12) The Grinder is a "one-of" that IIRC, RamboPreacher had Glenn and Craig build up for him. It essentially incorporates 3 Typhoon bodies built together, and each barrel operates on a crank system.

13) A hoagie, can also be a grinder, a sub, etc. Hoagies are best shared with a friend. So remember, bring enough to share.

I don't think PBNation is looking for a mod for this forum though. But I would hope that whoever they pick is a member of POG and is someone well versed in the garden variety questions that come with Palmer markers.

MG
Old 08-25-2002, 04:06 PM #39
Movie Guy

OOPS!

Forgot the answer the, "name a Palmer Tech" question.

LOL!

Aside from Glenn and Craig, I've spoken with Brian and Ty.

MG
Old 08-25-2002, 05:30 PM #40
EasterBunny
Banned

FREAK'S CAN BE TUNED DOWN TO BLAZER, why u all ask, cuz i got it done by white wolf custom paintball, its good to have connections
Old 08-26-2002, 12:47 PM #41
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have talked to Ty too. Neat guy. A laugh a minute.
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Old 08-26-2002, 05:35 PM #42
ballyhoo33

Quote:
Originally posted by Movie Guy

13) A hoagie, can also be a grinder, a sub, etc. Hoagies are best shared with a friend. So remember, bring enough to share.

I don't think PBNation is looking for a mod for this forum though. But I would hope that whoever they pick is a member of POG and is someone well versed in the garden variety questions that come with Palmer markers.

MG

Someone finally got the hoagie question

If there was a Mod for this forum, a FAQ like the POG site would answer almost every question that comes up: Cocker vs Blazer, PPS barrels, Pro-touch vs 45 frames...

I'm kind of surprised that Whitewolf turn down a Freak barrel for a Blazer. Congratulations on being one of the first Blazer owners to own a Blazer Freak...let us know when you're the first person to have their Freak back snap in the gun.

Jeff