PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-07-2005, 11:50 PM #1
dlhclh

fill nipple help

I have a pure energy 68/4500 carbon tank. I had a nipple cover with the cord installed at my local paintball store. well it is hitting my drop forward so i decided to take it off. I shoot all the air from the tank and unscrewed the nipple. I put a small amount of tape on it and screwed it back on. I try and will the tank from my scuba set up and it starts filling then suddenly stops and has no psi showing on the gauge. So my question is - Is it possible that I may have screwed the nipple to far in? not allowing it to fill before sealing off. thanks.

Last edited by dlhclh : 09-08-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2005, 12:26 PM #2
chopshopper

yes, that is a possibility, if you screw it too far in, the strut will not have room to back out of the nipple allowing air to pass. try reinstalling it, but not too deep this time.
If you have a problem with your Air system, post it, I'll try to help you with what you need to do to fix it, and where you can go to get parts. AAchopshop is now open on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/AA-Chopshop?refid=store
Old 09-08-2005, 03:01 PM #3
dlhclh

Thanks man I'll try that. I kinda figured that was the problem but I just wanted someone's opinoin with a little more experience. Thanks alot.