Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-07-2005, 11:17 PM #1
griffintile

griffintile plays in the PSP
griffintile plays in the APPA D3 division
swapping the fill nipple with gauge.

I have a crossfire tank, and I just changed my ASA. The fill nipple is hitting my wrist, and I was wondering if it is interchangeable with the fill gauge. This would make a more comfortable set-up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Steve.
www.Exaltpaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2005, 12:29 PM #2
chopshopper

it should be, the threads are the same, unlike the safety.
If you have a problem with your Air system, post it, I'll try to help you with what you need to do to fix it, and where you can go to get parts. AAchopshop is now open on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/AA-Chopshop?refid=store
Old 09-08-2005, 01:38 PM #3
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
I don't think so. I can't say for 100%, but I know on some tank regs, the fill nipple is on a specific port used only for input. I know you can swap the gauge and burst disk though.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 09-08-2005, 02:04 PM #4
chopshopper

you CANNOT swap the guage and burst disc. the pockets are made differently for safeties than guages. the guage and fill nipple have the same thread profile 1/8th npt, the safety is 3/8th 24 they look very similar but they are not. the guage and fill nipple are usually connected in the reg, and if not, they both connect directly into the tank. otherwise the guage could not tell you where the pressure is at.
If you have a problem with your Air system, post it, I'll try to help you with what you need to do to fix it, and where you can go to get parts. AAchopshop is now open on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/AA-Chopshop?refid=store
Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 PM #5
griffintile

griffintile plays in the PSP
griffintile plays in the APPA D3 division
I appreciate the replies. I talked to Crossfire today, they told me that the gauge and fill nipple are interchangeable, the burst disks are not. Once again thanks for everyone's help.
www.Exaltpaintball.com