Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2001, 03:00 PM #1
Buht

has been a member for 10 years
Which conversion for Full Auto on 98?

Hello all,

I was wonder which of the conversion kits or whatever I should use to make my tippman98 custom full auto.. And a buddy has the old tippman 98 will it work on his too?

Ive heard of the AFS Full Auto , the RT Trigger system, and i saw something called the Electro 98 in a store today which lets you choose how fast you want your auto to shoot.

What are the advantages of one over the other , and what would you guys put on your guns ?

-Buht-
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2001, 03:08 PM #2
stuff202

Isnt the tippman forum for this?
Old 07-28-2001, 07:43 PM #3
Budha
Paint Slüt

Yes this would go better in the tippmann forum, but anyway full auto is illegal at most fields. Dont waste your money. Get an RT kit so it will be. It really isnt full auto, its more of trigger bounces.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:23 PM #4
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Actually, budha.... the RT may be illegal in tournies soon, they're discusing and debating it. But, they may just say it's ok. We'll have to find out in the future.

The AFS kit is a piece of crap. If you actually want one, I have one lying around, makes a good fan in these hot days.

The electro-kits..... there's 2. There is the E-bolt kit, and the ETS kit.

E-bolt is an electro-pneumatic drop in that replaces your stock rear bolt and sear and springs, and gives you a mouse click trigger, optional modes of fire, LP internals, etc. Max ROF=13bps.

The ETS is Electronic Trigger System. This puts a piston under the sear, so when you pull the trigger (again, a mouse click), the piston will push up and tip the sear. This can go up to... I believe 13-14bps. Plus with this kit, you can use a RC/RVA, or a CAR stock, or RVA + rocket cock... unlike in the e-bolt kit.

However, the kits run for around 150, but they have to come with the LP reg, so they are actually sold for around 250.

So if you don't have 250 bucks to blow out, don't consider one of those 2 kits. If you have the cash... I'd suggest one. They are great upgrades.

But there's still the RT kit. It MAY be illegal in tournies, but most fields will allow if for recball. Check with your local field if they allow the RT. If they don't know what it is, tell them.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-30-2001, 06:40 PM #5
elsivo

y would the rt be illegal its the same thing in the automag rt or are they thinkin of banning them to

James
Old 07-30-2001, 07:55 PM #6
Budha
Paint Slüt

Elviso, the Automag RT doesnt have the extreme bounce like the tippmann does. The rt on the tippmann is set to where you can go full auto by pulling the trigger back and just letting go of it some.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:52 PM #7
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Moved

I think this could be taken uo in the Tippman Forum.

Later,
Old 07-31-2001, 12:35 AM #8
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
I should rephrase it.... illegal in some tournies, not necessarily all.

But, don't count on it being in the near future. As far as the automag RT... yes, same goes with that. Only they've been talking about it longer. How much longer... I can't remember.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:53 AM #9
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
i see the tipp RT being banned sooner than the autoamg RT for a few reasons.. first and formost is the Reactiveness.. the Tipp RT can be externally adjusted and even with the lock knob it can be worked around.. the automag RT can be adjusted as well but the the tank output pressure needs to be increased (wich most tanks wont output 900+ psi). secondly the tipp RT is a secondary system.. its not inherrant or intregrated into the fireing system of the gun.. the automag RT is the guns firing system.. there is no way the gun can shoot without it. lastly is the ease of the Tipp RT system.. unless you are running 900+ psi into the automag RT the sweet spot can be hard to find and when playing in a game its even harder.. the tipp RT can be set so that its basicaly full auto with no concious effort from the user and the input pressre to the gun dose not have to change.. personaly i dont like the idea of baning one system and not another but i can see why they would do it in this case.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 07-31-2001, 09:55 PM #10
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

I can also see why they might ban one system over the other, but I'll be upset if they do. Just because the system can be set to mimic full auto when set that way by retards doesn't mean that everyone else is gonna do the same thing.

I just really wish Tippmann could put the blowback valve inside the gun to make it a little more non-adjustable.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math