Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-04-2005, 06:41 PM #1
ffpaintball
I love Kayla w/all my <3

Type of Land?

Hey guys,

Hey this wasn't covered in the FAQ so I decided to post. I'm starting up a field and I need some help. I have the design layed out and I have funding and I'm all set, except for land. What type of land must a paintball field be set up on? Industrial or Commercial? I live in Bakersfield, CA and need to find some land to build on, but I need to narrow down my land to what I can actually get. Also do you guys know any tips or tricks for getting a land permit? It shouldn't be to difficult but I was just wondering. Thanks a ton you guys I needed the help. Any other random business advice would be more than helpful too. Post or PM or email welivetodie@sbcglobal.net or aim is Walk of Faith05. Thanks again.

Carl Reyes Thorn Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2005, 12:28 PM #2
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

has been a member for 10 years
First, zoning requirements are based on the smallest government entity you're in. City if you're on incorporated land. Township, parish or county if you're on unincorporated land.

Some authoritarian entities have paintball as a zone, others might consider it archery, shooting range, athletic sports, or even agricultural.

In my town, I needed a much coveted and impossible to get B4 zone (entertainment). Only took 4 years to get it. But my county allows paintball on any unincorporated commercial land over 1 acre ($$$). Or you can get a conditional use permit (CUP) on 5+ acres of A1/A2 (agricultural) unincorporated land (2-3 years + $$$).

The county 5 blocks to my west disallows any paintball use, but some towns there have allowed it in the past.

If money is no matter, hire your mayor or county board's lawyer kid. You'll get anything you want unless the neighbors complain.

Paintball does not generate much property tax, so its the effigal son of conservative authoritarian tax focused government monopolies. Paintball is a thorn for the liberal looters in office.

Good luck!

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:32 PM #3
BONUS_BALLS

rugged
Old 09-12-2005, 10:04 AM #4
Maclete
Yea, I'm that old guy...

has been a member for 10 years
Wow Dada, you've been holding out on me, I need to stop by and milk your brain a little more often......lol

eBay Feedback PBNation Feedback ShockerOwners Feedback
R.I.P Mom 7/7/1941 - 1/19/2006, Gayle D - NIU Shooting Victim 9/29/1987 - 2/14/2008
[ZDSPB.com] your one stop PB fix it store.