PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2001, 01:46 PM #43
Reklats

has been a member for 10 years
I sorta believe Paintball Ghost. The maxflow system can feed a shocker AND keep it consistant. The maxflow is seriously the best tank/regulator combo in paintball.

Meph...I have a slow connection and your pics take forever to load, so I'm not gonna look again...what kind of air setup do you have?

You time a cocker like once a year. They're really not that hard to maintain. Who really thinks having a gun with a lot of fun moving parts is bad?

I have a model 98, I've used a flatline before... You can shoot all the way across the field with little arch, but you can hardly hit the bunker you were aiming for. With my impulse, I can lob shots and drop them within a couple feet of each other. I guess it's preference.

Last edited by Reklats : 08-04-2001 at 01:51 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2001, 03:37 PM #44
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats
I think you're confused a little.
Thats pretty much how the bushy and angel work, too.
Hehe, I wasn't confused at all but the thought of following somebody around with a chrono during play is comical. That might give away your position even worse than the bad refs that stand right beside you all game long.

I know that is how Angels work, that's why I said that the E-Bolt worked the same way. I think you're the one that's confused because I clearly stated that I thought the Emag operated similar to that kit. I also know how my 98 works and didn't really need to walk through, but it was mildy appreciated for humor content.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 08-04-2001, 07:34 PM #45
Reklats

Quote:
Originally posted by Dyoel182

Hehe, I wasn't confused at all but the thought of following somebody around with a chrono during play is comical. That might give away your position even worse than the bad refs that stand right beside you all game long.

I know that is how Angels work, that's why I said that the E-Bolt worked the same way. I think you're the one that's confused because I clearly stated that I thought the Emag operated similar to that kit. I also know how my 98 works and didn't really need to walk through, but it was mildy appreciated for humor content.
A little review never hurts anyone

I was trying to say that the emag works differently than your average electro. I think I'm the one who originally said that the emag was a sear tripper (like the e-bolt)... then you said that must mean all electros were...then I posted the post you quoted... Ok... I've lost track of my arguments...
Old 08-04-2001, 09:05 PM #46
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
88ci 3kpreset Crossfire carbon fiber wrapped nitro.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 08-04-2001, 09:55 PM #47
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

Meph can you describe what your elector guns are like, and how they work etc. i want to get the same kit as you have , i also use the classics. does it come with the lp kit? is it like any other electro gun etc?
thanks meph
Ed
Old 08-05-2001, 01:00 AM #48
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

I'll leave the rest to Meph, but the Electro kits no longer come with the LP internals. Call it a marketing scam or call it simple business, you now have to buy the Tippmann kit if you want to go really LP.
Old 08-05-2001, 11:58 AM #49
Meph

Well, I can't really blame tippmann too much for doing that, though. They need to make money off of their LP conversion some how. Let alone making any money with the kind of customer service, sponsorships, and posted banners everywhere. I don't know how they make money?

But like said, kit no longer comes with LP valve internals like it used to. However, as far as performance, it's equal.

Pracitcally equal to any other gun on the market. Just like a Bushy is equal to a Imp is equal to an Angel is equal to.... Only real difference is a few things. Some use more gas than others, some are harder to maintain... but what it all comes down to is the feel of the gun.

Personally, I just love the 98's feel. That's why I still have the damn thing. Even though with this kit, it WILL be a gas hog, I guarantee it. Because it has gas going to both the electro-pneumatic ram, and also the valve. But, it's got great maintenence like an Angel, a few drops of oil... you're set. Plus, if something goes wrong, Tippmann will gladly fix it. Hell, my dwell broke on me (as in it would turn, but would continue because the stopper in it was broken), I sent it in, paid for only shipping. They fixed it for free.

Low to no kickback, gas hog, almost no maintenence, flatline capability, etc. All of these mean NOTHING if you just don't like the feel of the gun. Because if you don't like the feel, then don't even bother upgrading it to this kit. Get something like an Impulse if you like that better, or a Bushy.

But as far as accuracy... they're all the same. Get them running at the same psi, same fps, shoot one ball per time (reduce spikes), same barrel, same paint.... they will all shoot the exact same. Be it open bolt, closed bolt, semi, electro, pump... WHATEVER. They will all shoot the same. I promise.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 08-06-2001, 01:37 AM #50
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

soo the electro pmatic kit doesnt come with the lp kit , anymore but the price has stayed the same. soo how long is the trigger pull? do you have to do any extra mantance? where does the batterie go?
thanks alot meph
Old 08-06-2001, 02:37 AM #51
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyoel182

a couple of months ago i was thinking about buying one of those handheld chronos, so i could use it for outlaw games and chrono at home so i would spend less time futzing with things at the field, and it occurred to me. i ref at the nearest official field. i thought it would be hilarious if i brought the chrony out with me one day while reffing and conducted random spotchecks on peoples' velocity. especially the ones that look frightened. hehehe
Old 08-06-2001, 10:53 AM #52
Meph

Well, it never came w/ the LP kit.... just the valve internals. It was only the spring. The rest of the kit consists of deeper valve trenches, the spring, rear milled and modified bolt, LP chamber and t-fitting VA.

But, the price is around 255 or so at www.countypaintball.com

And they now come with a 9volt battery kit. So the battery now goes on the side of the gun where the cocking slot it, and covered with a battery box.

No, no extra maintenence. Just the usual oil here and there, and it's good.

Trigger pull, I'm using the Psycho Ballistics 2x, and I'm working on tha tright now. It's pretty short, but there's over-pull in it. I have to make a trigger stop.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 08-09-2001, 10:10 PM #53
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

do you think it would be a good deal, or should i just do the set screw mod, and taping the safty? bacasue i dotn whant the rt, cause the touneys and all those conflicts.
Ed
Old 08-10-2001, 01:38 AM #54
IcEy
Vermont

I only have a 9v pos so I had to remove those mods lister above because I would chop like crazy. The 9v was 10 dollars a K-mart so I got it.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:12 PM #55
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Well than it sounds like you need to upgrade your 9 volt to the 12 volt TurboRev. If everything they say is true, than you'll have a top notch loader quick!.
Old 08-11-2001, 09:25 PM #56
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

do you think it would be a good deal, or should i just do the set screw mod, and taping the safty? because i don't want the rt, cause the touneys and all those conflicts.
Ed
Old 08-13-2001, 04:59 PM #57
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

Does any one have any advise? i dont really wanna buy the rt and then have it banned from tourneys. and the electro kit is $$$ plus the lp$$ and the nitro$$$ so othat would get really expensive, should i jus tape the safety and do little trigger jobs? and mabey hack off the stock trigger guard, OUCH , and get a 2x trigger?????????????
Old 08-13-2001, 07:35 PM #58
Meph

Ed, I say get the 2x trigger. With that, you can easily get a trigger guard for legal reasons with the Classic or Custom. They both have easily installed guards. And hacking it off is quite easy.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 08-13-2001, 11:11 PM #59
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

ok, well i really dont feel like scaring up my preety green paint, also i have just done some tapeing , and spring work, and i have yet to test it out.

which 2x trigger do you sugest?

thanks ,
Ed
Old 08-14-2001, 09:47 PM #60
skomerman
get a impulse

you should sell the 98 and get a impulse they are very nice guns in my oppionion

Old 08-14-2001, 09:50 PM #61
skomerman
srry about last post

my last post was a mistake srry