Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
ATTENTION: PbNation Rules and ICD Forum Rules (Must read and obey!)
ICD Forum Rules:
-Post all questions in the main area, not in this FAQ area.
-No buy sell trade threads of any kind
-Use PMs for contacting specific people
-No flamming/swearing/acting like an idiot
-Please use the search function to prevent clutter and repeat threads/questions.
-Respect ALL PbNation users
-No marker vs marker threads
-No leaving ICD threads
-No appraisal or "How much should I sell my _____ for?" threads
The following are offenses that will result in an immediate permanent ban:
1. No pornography or links to sites with pornography. This website is not limited to persons 18 and older. Pornography includes posting images with obvious nudity, exposed genitals and female nipples. Links to sites containing pornography are a bannable offense. We allow members to post images of persons who are wearing very little clothing but do not qualify as pornography, those images will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and can be removed at the discretion of a staff member. The images posted by members must also have any link or address that links to somewhere with pornography removed.
The following are offenses that will usually result in a 1 to 7 day temporary ban and possibly a permanent ban:
2. No cursing. Do not bypass or attempt to bypass the swear censor. The filters will catch most words, but intentionally spacing out curse words or avoiding the swear filters will result in a ban.
3. No trolling. Do not make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
4. No money making schemes, lottery contests or referral games. Pyramid schemes are scams, don't work, and nobody here wants to hear about them. These are considered spam.
5. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, instant messenger aliases, email addresses, etc., without their permission. Respect the privacy of others. PbNation reserves the right to release such information if need be. We do not tolerate scam artists. We have and continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies to catch those engaged in criminal behavior on this web site. Don't do it you’ll get caught and we will help them catch you.
6. Do not post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. This includes posting links or requests for warez.
The following is common forum etiquette and excessive abuse of will result in a ban:
7. Post content in the appropriate forum. Read the forum notes if you are uncertain of the correct forum to post to. This is your responsibility.
8. Use text formatting colors at a minimum. Not everyone uses the same style. Text made to be blue with the [color=blue] tag in one style may not be readable to everyone in another style.
9. Do not post in all capital letters.
10. Do not start threads directed solely towards another user. Use the private message function to contact individuals.
11. Think before you post. Constant posts containing nothing but “ibc”, “die”, “pwned”, “***”, etc or any other waste of space quickly becomes very annoying to those who are seeking useful information.
12. Advertising Guidelines:
PbNation has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.
Our Paintball boards are meant to be an exchange of advice and tips where members can talk about paintball. There are thousands of Paintball stores and vendors online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the Nation would be very quickly overrun with ads in the posts.
PbNation defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our forums. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.
Also, although third-party recommendations are the lifeblood of the message boards, when, in the sole opinion of the message board staff, those public postings are too commercial or promotional in tone, excessive in quantity or if there is reason to suspect that they are disingenuous, or posted by a vendor, themselves, under cover of "alias" screen names, such postings will be removed.
While we welcome the third-party recommendation and advice of our active vendor members, they MUST be in response to a request for such information, and they must NOT contain contact information of any kind. This includes responding with the name of a specific store, or commercial enterprise, the web site address, the phone number or locate, or fax number.
PbNation reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to any-related material or message boards that is not located within PbNation. This does not mean all links will be removed, but rather that they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Any and all press releases must be first approved by PbNation marketing and sales prior to posting on the message boards.
PbNation welcomes commercial paintball enterprises to support the Nation by purchasing banner ads on the web site. Please see the advertising page for more information.
12 A. Paintball related job listings are permissible in the Paintball News forum. Job listings need to be about the job and not the company and/or products that the company may produce. Do not post web addresses to the company making the listing and please keep all potential employee contact in private via the private messaging system or other private medium.
The above rules apply to all areas of the message board system, including but not limited to Private Messages, Signatures, and Avatars.
Some forums may have specific rules in place outside of the rules and guidelines expressed on this page. If a forum has more rules, such as the Buy/Sell/Trade forums, there will be a clearly stated link to the rules at the top of the thread listing inside of that forum.
All messages and any other material once submitted become the property of PbNation, LLC.
Please note that PbNation will, from time to time, make changes to these Community Guidelines without notice to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possible arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here, doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community.
Legal Notice and Disclaimers
The information provided on this website is not intended to be professional, legal, medical or expert advice, but merely conveys general information that may, or may not be related to paintball and paintball safety issues commonly encountered. This information is not intended to create any legal relationship between this website, posters on this website, PbNation LLC or any other user of this website. Neither the transmission nor receipt of these website materials will create a relationship between sender and receiver.
The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. We make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information at this website or at any other website to which this site is linked.
You should not act or rely on any information at this website without seeking the advice of an professional.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND PbNation LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
THE PbNation LLC DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT,INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE.