Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-03-2005, 12:31 AM #1
A5Gunner
DoDgY

A5Gunner supports Team VICIOUS
A5Gunner is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Co2 Leaking On Top!

Well I went in my room dry fired my A5 just took about 4 shots, I forgot to cock the marker before putting the Co2 tank in. I then take the Co2 out, keep in mind this is a brand new tank 20 oz, that I shot maybe 600 shots a couple weeks ago so it had about 300 shots left.

I took it off then I hear a very faint leaking right on the top where the threading is and the part that goes into the gun. I haven't checked if it has stopped, it did that for at least 5 mins after and might still be doing it now.

Is this suppose to happen, was it because I didn't cock the A5 before I put it in. I want to make sure everything is safe, because this has never happened in the past. :dunno:
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2005, 12:50 AM #2
Psycho Acumen
AKA Jeff

Psycho Acumen is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Put a drop or two of oil up top by the valve pin and screw the tank back onto the marker then take it off. This should fix the small leak.

Edit:

Image of what the valve body looks like taken apart (Do NOT do this, just showing you what is happening). Not taging it to keep the thread looking decent.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Co2_Valve.jpg

Look at the enlarged picture on the bottom and take note to that Oring on the far left, this oring is not sealing for whatever reason and odds are it just needs to get lubricated which is what you're doing with the above directions.

Last edited by Psycho Acumen : 09-03-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:55 AM #3
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

Usually, if you manually push down on the pin it will stop leaking.
Use something besides your finger.

Keep in mind,down the road, that an on/off valve is a pretty good investment

Also...your A5 is a well know gas hog, but you can expect more than 900 shots from a 20oz. tank.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:43 PM #4
snotshooter
Moose Gore

MASK ON for this quick fix. Use just about any tool to barely nudge the pin on the top (I use the butt of my pocket knife) be careful not to score the brass on the tip. FIXED
Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 PM #5
Psycho Acumen
AKA Jeff

Psycho Acumen is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snotshooter
MASK ON for this quick fix. Use just about any tool to barely nudge the pin on the top (I use the butt of my pocket knife) be careful not to score the brass on the tip. FIXED
If only all fixes were easy as that...