PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 AM #1
Noob-Elite9

Question dual regulators?

ive herd people talking about dual regulated co2 is as consistant as hpa is this true? i want to know what i would need to do this to my system and how much it would cost for regulators.

im rockin the spyder TL-X compleatly stock

Last edited by Noob-Elite9 : 09-01-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 AM #2
Noob-Elite9

is anyone going to reply?

Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 AM #3
Shane-O

has been a member for 10 years
Just relax...........30 minutes isnt much time for people to respond.

Yes a dual regulated Co2 setup CAN be as good as HPA. Now 2 stabilizers and a Co2 tank would cost as much as a 68/4500 tank, So it is best if you want to REALLY use Co2, or you cannot get HPA in your area. Go to Palmers Pursuit Shop website for more info, and pics of a dual stab setup.

Shane-O
Old 09-01-2005, 02:41 PM #4
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You could get by with a female stab running into the stock reg (if it has one) on your gun too, if money's tight. The female stab would keep liquid CO2 out of the inline (vertical) reg.

If you're running this on a spyder (I saw your sig says you have one), you can't really run a dual- reg setup, because there has to be a 200 psi drop between regs for them to be consistent and to prevent shootdown. CO2 starts out at 800 psi (give or take a hundred psi), so if the first reg lowers the pressure to 600-650 psi, then the second reg lowers it to 400-450 psi, there isn't enough pressure left to operate the gun, since the lowest a stock spyder will run is in the 600 psi range. If you want to regulate CO2 on your spyder, just get a male stab. It will work very good, and you can use it if you get another gun, or if you get HPA.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-01-2005, 04:11 PM #5
Shane-O

Good call Kjjm.

Use a single stabilizer and an anti-siphon tank for a spider. And for best Co2 performance, you want the stab to be 600psi or less. Co2 cannot stay liquid below 600psi. Also, Palmers makes a bottomline stab that a tank screws into, that works great with different set-ups.

What gun you wanna use Co2 on?

Shane-O
Old 09-01-2005, 05:59 PM #6
Noob-Elite9

I would get it for my spyder im actually pretty new and was thinking about getting hpa i know it would be an investment but the good tanks(fiberwraped) are so expensive it would cost more than my gun! so i saw some stuff where people said co2 can be just as good and i though that it might be better/cheaper just to modify it to run well on co2. im also planning on getting a electric triggerframe sometime soon also. Theres just so much i want to do to my gun but its so expensive.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:39 PM #7
elcoman

If you can't afford A fiber wrapped tank gat A metal tank. you can get just about any steel 47/3000 tank for under A hundred bucks.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:24 PM #8
Shane-O

If you get an electronic trigger frame, Get an HPA tank, And spend the bucks to get a good tank. Remeber, that tank will go with you from gun to gun for years. If you buy a cheap one now, you will end up selling it for a loss, and buying a good 68/4500 tank. Yes it costs more than the gun, but it is worth it. If you're not sure if you are going to keep playing, or you are POSITIVE, that you wont get another gun, then a less expensive steel tank would be better. Also, look around the classifieds, you can find good deals there.

Shane-O
Old 09-01-2005, 07:29 PM #9
Bulldog223
badger

Bulldog223 is a Supporting Member
i bought my 47/3k for 40 shipped on here. so just look around and they get pretty cheap.

"Originally posted by Kustom Kid]How in the hell do you get by if you can't find a CD key on a game? Seriously. Do you still wear velcro shoes?: "
Old 09-03-2005, 12:34 AM #10
nerve2030

i used a sp maxflow as the bottem line reg at 250psi and palmer at 150psi on my impulse for about 2years it worked great. if you play renagade ball your best bet is the 2 reg setup because you can put anything on it and it will work. if you only play at a field save your money and get a good nitro tank. dont just go out and get one just to have one. you will save your self money in the end.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:54 PM #11
jubei8d

i have dual regulated hpa. i have a conquest tank and cp reg.