Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-30-2005, 06:28 PM #1
montysmayhem

has been a member for 10 years
Help Hurricane Katrina Victims

Fellow paintballer players

Ok, this is out of Character for me, but September tenth is a weekend that some of us have free because a game was going to be played.

Hurricane Katrina has hit the poorest people in the country.

This isn't an NASPBL thing, this is a paintballer seeing it's time to help.

I am going to ask for volunteers and people to donate clothing, bottled water and blankets to the people of Louisiana and Mississipi and Alabama. I am also going to ask for paintball fields to accept the donations of clothing, food and water, basic hygeine kit within pick up distance to the I-95 Corridor to accept those donations.

We'll leave on Friday night 9/9/05, and pick up as much as we can along the way. Some of us have SUV's, some of us have trucks. We can make a difference here.

Some of us are good cooks, we all have radios and the correct clothing for this kind of disaster.

These people need help, and we can give that help as paintball players.

This is in the concept phase, we'll have to go balls to the wall to do it.

If you are a field owner, or know a field owner that is willing to take donations, please let me know.

Pass on the word and help those who had little, and are now left with nothing.

I need people willing to make the 20 hour drive in shifts. We'd be back late on Sunday.

Who is with me?

If so contact me at Tom.Sutton@NASPBL.com.
http://montysairsoft.naspbl.com/pponti.htm*PPONTI* Commander;Team Commander MVT D-Day 2004 (Skirmish);General (US)Behind Enemy Lines (High Velocity LI) 2004;Commander (Russian) MVT Stalingrad 2005;General (Allies) Bhurma Road (EMR) 2005;General (Allies) ION (Skirmish) 2005;General (US) Battle of the Bulge (West Point) 2005;General (Blue Team) Proud Mary Charity Game (ET) 2005;Commissioner: North American Scenario Paintball League
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2005, 06:52 PM #2
xXinpayneXx
MW

national guard + red cross =

hehe, sry but good luck sucks to what happend to them. guess its the chance you take by living there.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:12 PM #3
gbpackernut

alot of us up in the Dakotas, wish everyone well, unfortunately we are a long ways away, but also for those who want to help contact your local red cross chapter, for information on what to donate and how.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:32 PM #4
shocker2k6

i have school...
4500psi 68ci Crossfire
Old 08-31-2005, 07:15 AM #5
cgrave2
Paintball Command

cgrave2 is a Supporting Member
This is a very admirable offering. If you make it, there will be no place to stay, no water, electricity or phone service (including cellular). Satellite phones are the only thing dependable. N. O. is going to be chaotic and very dangerous. People are already looting, stealing cars from people passing by, etc. A real gun is a must. The situation will get worse before it gets better. People are desperate.

We can offer a place to camp at our field. We don't know what is left there as of now. I do have a well and intend on hooking a small generator up to run it. Still, you would be on your own. If all is well with my family and their houses, I will be busy helping others. A few of the Regulatorz (see southeast section for thread) as well as other players in the area lost their homes and still do not know the status of their relatives and neighbors. This may be a good start for communication to see where you can be of help.

Click link below for info on the field. PM me if I can be of help. I will be going back tomorrow so I will not have a way to respond after today. God Bless you.
Proud sponsors of: Crusaders, Ganggreen, Technostorm

.68 caliber ONLY!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:36 AM #6
ball_busting_girls

It's admirable that you care and want to make a difference. FEMA and the Red Cross are better at handling this, also the navy is sending ships into the gulf with enough of what you want to bring. Most likely you wouldn't even get close enough to get it to those who need it.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:50 AM #7
montysmayhem

No go

Hi all, this will be a no go unfortunatley. I have been informed that the area will be unsatble, and such a convoy make actually hinder the relief efforts. I would ask anyone who wanted to make a donation on this drive to do so at thier local Red Cross and Salvation Army. Thanks Monty
http://montysairsoft.naspbl.com/pponti.htm*PPONTI* Commander;Team Commander MVT D-Day 2004 (Skirmish);General (US)Behind Enemy Lines (High Velocity LI) 2004;Commander (Russian) MVT Stalingrad 2005;General (Allies) Bhurma Road (EMR) 2005;General (Allies) ION (Skirmish) 2005;General (US) Battle of the Bulge (West Point) 2005;General (Blue Team) Proud Mary Charity Game (ET) 2005;Commissioner: North American Scenario Paintball League
Old 08-31-2005, 12:03 PM #8
montysmayhem

Scenario

I will add that I am a scenario producer. I in no way want to promote my company in doing so, and I will not be advertising it in anyway in relation the efforts for Katrina relief, but when the water subsides, I am willing to produce a game and donate everything to the relief, all I need is a field willing to do the same.

Thanks
Monty