PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-28-2005, 07:01 PM #1
Om3ga

Tips for 3 man speedball tryout

Ok 2 other friends and I am trying out for a team. The cap of the team said 3 vs.3 them vs us.I need some tips for playing this guys.I have a Diablo Mongoose 2 Reincarnation.The othe guy has one to, and my other friend has a Sypder Xtra but is getting a Spyder imagine soon.We has 2 48 ci HPA tanks and one 72 ci tank all 3 3000 psi.One guy is a little fat but has good endurance and spped because he plays basketball.Me and the other guy are pretty fast.We have eggs because our Diablo can shoot up to 20 bps but I think it is more like 14-17.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2005, 07:20 PM #2
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Practice snap shooting if you think you're fast enough to be a frontman. Have your friend who's a little heavy practice laning/posting. A good player will be able to hit a very small target. This is important since a good player can also make himself a small target. If you're up against someone who's good, there aren't going to be easy shots. Take a standard vl200 hopper and stick it behind say a sheet of plywood or something. Have a small portion of it protruding. Do the same with an old mask or a pipe (simulating a barrel). Hide behind something that's around 40-50 feet away from the sheet of plywood. Practice leaning out of it and snapping off a couple rounds. Get good enough so you can come out and hit the object with 1-3 shots. Any more and you're out of the bunker too long.
Your friend can practice posting by setting up two sheets of plywood next to each other with a 6-7 foot gap between them. Have a small object such as a mask or hopper again tied to a peice of string. Have a teammate sit behind one of the sheets and yank the object back and forth. The backplayer needs to be able to hit the object moving between the bunkers. Have the guy behind the plywood try his hardest to move the object without it getting hit.
Other than that, just show the team you're trying out for that you can communicate a lot and effectively and that you can stay on top of things. Ie, moving when you need to move and shooting when you need to shoot.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 08-28-2005, 09:05 PM #3
mousek801
Blasé Polar Bear

play agaist players that are better than you. you will relaize your big mistakes.