Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM #43
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Lol...the pics are of mine. God I remember that. On mine (mt. dew one) the barrel is my stock fenix barrel.

This winter, we have to make a ton of these and have a tournament at drews field. Hahaha.

But yea, mine had suprising range. I could hit a house (not mine, nobody lives there, they moved and haven't sold yet) that was nearly 150 feet away with it. You should have reminded me to make a video because now I don't have my digital camera.

But yea, the day I made mine was awesome. We were launching them over my house and hitting my sisters car. It took both of us shooting these about 2-3 hours to go through a bag of 500. Ah...good times.

I am going to try this with bigger bottles, milk jugs, everything this winter. Pics for every one I make...lol.
fenix_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM #44
snoopay700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix_freak
Lol...the pics are of mine. God I remember that. On mine (mt. dew one) the barrel is my stock fenix barrel.

This winter, we have to make a ton of these and have a tournament at drews field. Hahaha.

But yea, mine had suprising range. I could hit a house (not mine, nobody lives there, they moved and haven't sold yet) that was nearly 150 feet away with it. You should have reminded me to make a video because now I don't have my digital camera.

But yea, the day I made mine was awesome. We were launching them over my house and hitting my sisters car. It took both of us shooting these about 2-3 hours to go through a bag of 500. Ah...good times.

I am going to try this with bigger bottles, milk jugs, everything this winter. Pics for every one I make...lol.
Don't bother with 2 liter bottles unless you can make them more structurall sound, i tried it and they're too flimsy, plus they're all the same size. I later made one out of a 20 oz sprite bottle and a 16 oz dr. pepper bottle, but i plan on making a better one once i get the right bottles.
snoopay700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:35 PM #45
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

I really need to stop being lazy and finish my second one, not to mention the 1 or 2 new things i've though of to add.
-Kurt Vonnegut
m-a-r-k-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:26 PM #46
CO/CA
warpedsportz.com

wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, its really kool though. i think im gonna go make one,

i started one, but im only using one bottle, i poked a couple hole in it for air to get in and i have my finger over them when i squeeze so air doesnt go out that way. do you think this might work?

Last edited by CO/CA : 11-23-2005 at 08:42 PM.
CO/CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:02 PM #47
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Mark-this winter...we need to make 10 of these, all out of the same bottles and made the same way, and then we can play 5 on 5 with everybody out at our field. We could just get some pvc pipe or something for the barrels....or, if anybody would be willing to give us stock barrels (spyder threaded, Dr. Pepper bottles are spyder threaded, like stated in the original post).

Can't wait to see your new ideas for this Mark. The Popmaster* is going to be awesome

*Copyright 2005 :nododgy:
Old 11-25-2005, 12:41 PM #48
Hathegkla

Hathegkla is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
what you really gotta do if you wanna make a really cheap gun is get a balloon, put it over the end of a pvc pipe, tape it on. then you drop one paintball at a time down the barrel and stretch the balloon to fire it (like a slingshot). I havenít made one since I was 10 but I think I remember being able to fire paintballs out of it. bb's for sure.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:44 PM #49
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO/CA
wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, its really kool though. i think im gonna go make one,

i started one, but im only using one bottle, i poked a couple hole in it for air to get in and i have my finger over them when i squeeze so air doesnt go out that way. do you think this might work?

only using one bottle may leave you with a very small finished product. There really isnt a need for the holes, enough air comes in through the barrel when you pull back.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 11-26-2005, 10:29 PM #50
AznVietBoii69
Skim Or Die

i think this idea is pretty awesome! i really have to try this sometimes. Gotta give u props of making this thingy or popmaster or w/e. Kudos! i think u guys are still crazy

Ten reasons to bang a paintball player
1. We know how to get down and dirty 2. We wear protection 3. We have at least a 12 inch barrel. 4. We can fire off hundreds of rounds without getting tired 5. We know how to follow instructions 6. We can fit into tight spots 7. We love to be aggressive 8. We never forget to lube 9. Money is no limit 10. We can move our fingers 15 times in one second

FeedBack Show me some Loving :D
AznVietBoii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:36 PM #51
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

^Maybe we are crazy...but, sometimes, crazy can score you some awesome stuff.

Mark, we should have made one when I was at your house today, then, I could have raced you. My popmaster, against your new Promaster. Haha.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:58 AM #52
JOE_BLACK
insanity is a hobby

ITS SODE WATER FOOL!
interesting design tho
i might just build one for grins
Remember: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a ride!"

my feedback
JOE_BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:02 AM #53
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

^Oh...it will give you much more than grins. How quiet this marker is will make you never want to shoot any other gun again....but seriously, they are really quiet.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:08 AM #54
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Ok, introduction of the first new mod for promasters.

I was messing around with it the other day and realized that its easy to pull the back bottle off the front one. So I came up with a way to fix it. I haven't done it yet, but in theory it will work.

What you need:

1. Some type of string long enough to go from the nail to back of the bottle when fully extended.

2. Something to make a hole in the bottom of the bottle.

Ya, thats all.

Step 1. Take your Popmaster and extend the back bottle so its about 1/4 an inch from coming off the front bottle.

Step 2. Cut string the desired length so the string will reach from the nail to the end of the bottle. Remember to leave a little extra for tying a few knots.

Step 3. Tie one end of the string around the nail.

Step 4. Poke a hole just large enough to pass the string though in the bottom of the lower bottle.

Step 5. Tie a know in the end of the string you put through the hole. If it isn't large enough to catch on the hole just loctite it in place or some other method. Then seal off the hole with tape, or more loctite.

There you have it, the first upgrade for the popmaster.

More to come...
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM #55
snoopay700

Antoher mod is take about probably 5-7 inches of duct tape, fold it over about twice, then place on either side of your bottom bottle towards the bottom and leave like an inch of your folded "strap" above the tape, basically tape it so you have a handle at the bottom, and wrap tape around the part on the bottle, fold down the two flaps above the tape and tape it even more. This makes it a lot easier and quicker to refill the "chamber."
snoopay700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:12 PM #56
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

I am going to try making one with some 16oz cans.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 PM #57
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Good idea snoopay
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 11-29-2005, 04:19 PM #58
Zeoalex
POLAR BEAR...ENGAGE!!!

Zeoalex plays in the APPA D4 division
Zeoalex has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Loader=some pvc pipe and a hopper
^^
just kidding, no air to fire it with
Oh yea, another mod, take a longer nail and a tennis ball, replace the shorter nail with a longer one, take the tennis ball and poke a hole with the nail. put the nail as far into the tennis ball as you can, and poof, foregrip!

Zodiac Paintball Coming Soon
حي على الفلاح

Timmy Clan! President!

Last edited by Zeoalex : 11-29-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Zeoalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:50 PM #59
Zeoalex
POLAR BEAR...ENGAGE!!!

[quote=fenix_freak] (spyder threaded, Dr. Pepper bottles are spyder threaded, like stated in the original post).

mt. dew bottles r spyder threaded as well
(i made my own, and heck yes, it works like a charm but 150ft not too sure with mine)

حي على الفلاح

Timmy Clan! President!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:01 PM #60
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

its not a matter of how to make a loader system, its where to put it. three is very little useable space.

I finished the firs mod last night, works great, and i'm working on snoopays suggestion now.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 11-29-2005, 06:35 PM #61
Zeoalex
POLAR BEAR...ENGAGE!!!

[quote=fenix_freak] (spyder threaded, Dr. Pepper bottles are spyder threaded, like stated in the original post).

mt. dew bottles r spyder threaded as well
(i made my own, and heck yes, it works like a charm but 150ft not too sure with mine)

حي على الفلاح

Timmy Clan! President!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:09 PM #62
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Mark saw with mine how hard I was smacking it. That's why I killed mine in a little over 300 shots. I crushed the bottom piece (part you hit).
Old 11-29-2005, 09:24 PM #63
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Well, I just failed horribly in my attempt to put a loader on my popmaster. I have a new idea though.
-Kurt Vonnegut