PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-27-2005, 03:52 PM #22
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

has been a member for 10 years
When you order, include what price you're used to paying. NPS has many different pricing tiers, so you have to remind your sales person what you're used to paying. If the order comes in with bad pricing, don't sign the bill of lading. Send it back.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2005, 09:05 PM #23
midstatepaintball

It would be best to be civil

I have been dealing with National since Doug Brown set Gino up in 1990, As well as every other major manufacturer and wholesaler that has come and gone. Overall National has been outstanding in every aspect. Everyone makes mistakes and it may be the salesperson who is assigned to your account.
My suggestion would be to have the owner talk to Gino and explain the situation, I'm sure a solution can be reached. Being an "ex Navy SEAL" doesn't matter in this case since there are no covert operations needed. And making enemies in the industry may come back to haunt you, especially since National may soon own PMI. Once you burn a bridge behind you it is gone.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:11 PM #24
qhimq
Tragic

national is making a monopoly and killing profits
DRAGUN B/S/T

(AIM: qhimq)(Yahoo: qhimq) (PBR: qhimq)
Old 08-27-2005, 10:17 PM #25
p8ball3rtoast

kinda off subject

with my experience idk if it was jsut me but i couldn't break a single ball of pmi paint (zap i think) i wwas literally 7 ft from the guy pumped off 4 shots at his side (boith laying down) all bounced then later i got wihtin 10 ft of the same person again (since he didnt get out) this time i made sure that i would fire more i layed about 10 shots at his chest then since we where boht outta ammo he took those 10 balls i fired at him while i was reaching a pod but those 10 balls in his hopper and shot me 10 times all 10 broke.... has this happend to ne 1 else or what could of caused that.... for the most part of hte 24,000 balls i bought off of pmi (yea im cheap) not that many have broken in the past.. could this have been jsut a batch that had an extra thick shell or somthing just to bounce??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
You just need to carry an Impulse around for a while so you can appreciate how light your shocker is.
MY FEED BACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post15159979
Old 08-28-2005, 12:59 PM #26
LordOfThePaint

ZAP isnt a PMI paint. All the PMI paint I've ever shot has been great, they are who we generally use for our paint with premiums, evil, midevil, and marbs.

And yeah, NPS does have serious pricing issues in my opinion, we are a pretty small store still, and a lot of the pricing we get from NPS is the same as what 888 (their own internet company) charges retail. We dont carry much NPS stuff cause in a lot of cases we cant afford to, we just cant get enough markup out of it to make it worthwhile at all.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:02 PM #27
XL Paintball
ghost ride da whip

XL Paintball is a Supporting Member
NPS is classic for screwing up orders and giving you a "credit". Which means you have to keep spending with them.

"Originally posted by Merovingian
I have a drop on my marker. I'm not proud of it, but I do. "

"Originally posted by classic004: that drop is illegal in all 50"

"Originally posted by ken crane: and i didnt insult her i told her to kiss my fat white ***. insulting her would have ment saying something to offend her personaly. "
Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 PM #28
p8ball3rtoast

o srry bout that mix up i dont really own a store but i have fun reading all the posts... i usually buy w.e they have at dunhams... one day itlll b pmi the next zap....... just so this isnt spam gl on ur nps thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
You just need to carry an Impulse around for a while so you can appreciate how light your shocker is.
MY FEED BACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post15159979
Old 08-28-2005, 03:09 PM #29
KenAnger
CPT. Anger Management MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhimq
national is making a monopoly and killing profits

how do you figure they are running a monopoly? they don't have anything in the paintball buisness locked down. i think you need to look up words before you use them...monopoly isn't just a board game.

National has liscense(sp?) to one high end gun and a few low end guns, a couple paint retailers, and only a couple apparel makers. if you're looking for a monopoly on 32 degrees or Empire, then yup, National has it...but they don't control any one aspect of the paintball industry.

Buy My CDs
I stop paying attention because as much as I love beauty, I hate stupidity, and seeing the two combined pisses me off. Plus, I need to start drinking and her nipples aren't spouting vodka.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM #30
YakimaPaintball
www.yakimapaintball.com

PMI paint in my opinion is some of the best paint around except their cheaper stuff menace, rampage whatever they are calling it this week but evil,pmi premium, marbalizers excellent paint I would rather spend more and shoot those paint products than any other time and tested true to great paint standards but so is alot of draxxus products too. In this industry the 1 thing that makes me mad is that anyone with a 30 dollar business can get wholesale pricing from most distributors and you can't protect your business because these distrubitors just want to sell products and they will allow 10 dealers in the same town so now everyone fights for pennies you dont see that in any other industry you dont see 10 chevy dealers in the same town or burger king selling taco bell products and so on and we have to compete with internet sales and when companys have no overhead they dont have to make as much money to pay bills like storefronts or field owners they can have things drop shipped to people from companys and than they have only 3 expenses Bookeeping,Single employee cost and then internet costs so how do store owners and field owners survive by service only.. well that 30.00 that someone saved off the internet plus the tax they don't have to pay is alot more inticing than good service. anybody have answers on why this industry does not support store owners by trying to protect there DEALERS????
Old 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM #31
xXinpayneXx
MW

pbgear.com is a real store and there priceing is very cheap.

i usualy buy from them, becuase there is no stores in my area. or feilds
Old 08-29-2005, 08:20 AM #32
midstatepaintball

It has gotten better

Believe it or not it is better than 10 years ago. I can't tell you how many people claimed to have a storefront and were then allowed to buy at wholesale. Their storefront was actually the trunk of the car at the field or their garage at home. Now Dye, National and others require a more thorough backround check. Most manufactures just want to sell product, and are not concerned about a pricing structure. When product is being sold on line or on Ebay at wholesale cost what difference does it really make anyway. It's not just paintball, look at cameras, electronics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakimaPaintball
PMI paint in my opinion is some of the best paint around except their cheaper stuff menace, rampage whatever they are calling it this week but evil,pmi premium, marbalizers excellent paint I would rather spend more and shoot those paint products than any other time and tested true to great paint standards but so is alot of draxxus products too. In this industry the 1 thing that makes me mad is that anyone with a 30 dollar business can get wholesale pricing from most distributors and you can't protect your business because these distrubitors just want to sell products and they will allow 10 dealers in the same town so now everyone fights for pennies you dont see that in any other industry you dont see 10 chevy dealers in the same town or burger king selling taco bell products and so on and we have to compete with internet sales and when companys have no overhead they dont have to make as much money to pay bills like storefronts or field owners they can have things drop shipped to people from companys and than they have only 3 expenses Bookeeping,Single employee cost and then internet costs so how do store owners and field owners survive by service only.. well that 30.00 that someone saved off the internet plus the tax they don't have to pay is alot more inticing than good service. anybody have answers on why this industry does not support store owners by trying to protect there DEALERS????
Old 08-29-2005, 03:15 PM #33
kegro

omg blue arc sucks ***. our field got a big shipment in and they regret it to the fullest..that **** never breaks
Old 08-29-2005, 05:09 PM #34
SyndicatePBRob
I <3 T.I.T.S.

Procaps terminates distribution agreement with NPS

Could this have anything to do with ordering Draxxus paint and getting something else?

Procaps terminates distribution agreement with NPS (take from 68 cal's site)
By Craig Miller, Procaps
Aug 29, 2005, 16:15

Procaps L.P., the makers of the popular DraXxuS ™ and XBall ™ paintball brands and VForce Vision Systems ™ paintball masks, hereby announces their decision to terminate their previous distribution agreement with National Paintball Supply of New Jersey.

Since late July, shipments of Procaps paintballs and VForce masks to National Paintball Supply were ceased. At this time, Procaps is no longer a supplier to National Paintball. National Paintball Supply is being allowed to sell through some remaining inventory of DraXxuS and XBall paintballs and VForce masks.

Meanwhile, alternate sources for DraXxuS and XBall paintballs and VForce masks are now available at new Procaps-authorized wholesale Distributors, including the newly formed, factory-owned “Procaps Direct ™”.

Fresh inventory of Procaps-made products are IN STOCK NOW:
Procaps Direct 1.866.688.8880
American Paintball Supply 1.877.262.2557

Procaps continues to provide the world’s Paintball Game Field Operators, Retailers and special Event Promoters with the highest quality paintballs and mask/goggle systems in the industry”. Procaps is committed to making your customers’ paintball experience the best it can be... For the love of the game!

For more information, visit Procaps’ exciting ALL NEW Websites:
www.DraXxuS.com , www.XBallPaintball.com , www.VForcePaintball.com

Procaps, L.P., is a Montreal based International manufacturer and marketer of high quality branded and private label (OEM) paintballs and mask/goggle systems.

The names DraXxuS, XBall, and VForce Vision Systems are trademarks of Procaps L.P.
--------------------------------------
Old 08-29-2005, 05:27 PM #35
infinite727
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

infinite727 is a Supporting Member
that explains some of things going on in the stores down here...

off topic : Rob, i've been looking and still can't find Syndicate packs anywhere (contacted Compulsive a few times). PM me
"Originally posted by TRD_Celica: so a guy walks in a bar, he asks for a drink and the bartender says how was your day, he replies it was the worst day ever, i got banned, so i spammed pbnation for ever and a day, and the bartenders says, lol gtfo boat"
Old 08-29-2005, 05:28 PM #36
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Yup.

Wait for the new 06 Empire goggles and paint.

--dada
Still love him.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 AM #37
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
You beat me to it Rob. I was going to explain the possibility that NPS will no longer be selling Draxxus paint and that's probably why you got a substitution. Apparently they're selling out their current stock - then expect to see a lot of new paint names coming out of NPS. I've also heard talk that NPS is still negotiation so they might not lose the Draxxus brands. Lots of rumors and some I trust, but not all.
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:13 AM #38
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

The current Diablo paint is their new batch. Similar smell to Blue Arc. Way below ProCaps quality but I know its improving.

I still feel NPS+PMI is to get NPS paint and PMI money but all my insiders say no. Paint is the #1 most difficult gamble. Good quality runs are huge profits, bad runs are huge losses.

The loss of V-Force doesn't matter. Bad margins anyway. I'm hoping for the 06 goggles to be released early.

--dada
Still love him.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:18 AM #39
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JxTxCxNx
Yup.

Wait for the new 06 Empire goggles and paint.

--dada

The empire paint should be the same as the blue arc given that gino is the primary owner of blue arc
Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 PM #40
strikefirstsports

Since National bought RPS I wonder if the RPS/PMI lines will suffer?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:28 PM #41
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikefirstsports
Since National bought RPS I wonder if the RPS/PMI lines will suffer?
national never bought PMI
Old 08-31-2005, 05:35 PM #42
<("<)
One Among the Fence

<("<) is a Supporting Member
I have a feeling the Empire goggles are going to be ugly.