PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:58 PM #1
Trigger3271

National is Making Us mad

NPS keeps messing up our orders and expects us to pay for them to get shipped back. Heres an example we ordered 20 cases of paint the other day and today we received the wrong paint. We ordered Competive Edge which I believe they bought out Draxxuss. And they sent us seconds paintballs which are crap we test fired them and they break in the barrel every other shot. So we called them and they said we have to pay for return shipping. So this is the second time on a paint order they have done this to us. So tommorrow my boss who is a real hot head and iss pissed off is going to give them a call because usually his wife does all the calling and ordering. So my boss who is a ex Navy Seal with Bipolar is going to have a wonderful chat with them. But I think by tommorrow we will no longer have a NPS account because of it. But does anyone else have a problem with NPS. I think we will be switching to PMI
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 PM #2
PrecisionPB
Paintball ruined my life

PrecisionPB is a Supporting Member
PrecisionPB plays in the PSP
PrecisionPB plays in the APPA D3 division
20 cases? Of a seconds quality ball? News flash: Comp. Edge isnt a first run paint, its not guaranteed. You get what you pay for.

Next time have the boss buck up the extra 5 bucks a case and get a ball with a guarantee.
-KEE-
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 PM #3
Trigger3271

I thought Comp Edge bought out draxxuss but we did order draxxuss/comp edge. Because everytime we order draxxuss we get comp edge on the box but the bags are draxxuss
Old 08-26-2005, 10:09 PM #4
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is a Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is playing at Living Legends VII
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
comp edge is the type of draxxus paint, like hellfire is a draxxus paint, as is midnight. comp edge is a rec sport type paint, it is the cheapest you can buy. national is right in expecting you to pay shipping back, because it is not their fault that you ordered the cheap type of paint and its not performing well
Old 08-26-2005, 10:11 PM #5
PrecisionPB
Paintball ruined my life

PrecisionPB is a Supporting Member
PrecisionPB plays in the PSP
PrecisionPB plays in the APPA D3 division
"Comp Edge" is pro-caps or blue-arc seconds. Its what gets spit out when they warm up the machines. Its not quite as bad as the stuff that gets rejected for quality control reasons... but its certainly not a first run paint. Secondly, 20 cases most likely came via UPS (and not a freight company) Im sure UPS wasnt very kind to 6 70lb packages.

Ive never ordered Comp Edge and gotten premium bags/packaging. Ever.
-KEE-
Old 08-26-2005, 10:13 PM #6
Trigger3271

Ok we ordered Draxxuss Comp Edge but we received I beleive Zap Seconds Paintballs
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 PM #7
meteora
www.tcpmini.com

has been a member for 10 years
meteora owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maybe you should make sure first before you go yelling at people, and blameing them. just my 2 cents

We Dont Overshoot, We H8.

TCP H8 Factory 2010.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 PM #8
Trigger3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteora
maybe you should make sure first before you go yelling at people, and blameing them. just my 2 cents
It wasn't my idea to yell but I will try to explain it to my boss. If it was me I would have ordered better paint. But we just buy the Comp Edge for the younger kids because it is easier on there wallet.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:58 AM #9
Frank808
Brothers Paintball Supply

Frank808 is a Supporting Member
Frank808 is a founding member
Frank808 is for the Gunfight
comp edge is usually a cheaper run from blue arc
competitive edge was a white box from draxxus. they don't have much more or any of this type because of the breakup.
hope this clears it up for your boss.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM #10
Diablero
Bunkeo en Espaņol

Diablero is a Supporting Member
Diablero plays in the PSP
Diablero donated to help Peyton Trent
Diablero supports Bob Gurnsey
Well if you received a different item of what you initially ordered, they should be paying for their mistake.
But if your buying seconds you know that sometimes you get a good batch and other a crappy one.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 AM #11
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Rule of thumb for receiving any and all shipments:

Review packing slip and invoice. Check order for completeness and correct items. Then and only then should you accept the order and sign for it.

If things are wrong, send it back.

I agree with others on white box paint. It is subpar and not worth selling. For $3 more per case, you can gain a huge increase in quality.

My customers rarely ask for junk. Our customers who shoot white box $32 cases are given the chance to buy one $39 case at a discount. They'll quickly see the $7 difference _saves_ them money -- fewer chops, more accurate shots, better target breaks = less paint used.

Many of my customers buy our top grade $48 cases and find they shoot 30% less paint to get their targets out! $48 for 2000 versus $51 for 2600 of the junk.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 AM #12
NJjesters4
Kong-Ker

NJjesters4 is a Supporting Member
he's not totally wrong though. we were supposed to gwt inferno at the last psp and they gave us crucifire saying that it is the same thing. during our game against another team therefs asked us if we wanted toswitch paint because we were consistently boucing balls off of people's masks loaders etc. even the other team told us in the handshake that it was the worst paint they ever played against.(their evil was breaking on everything). So I don't think everyone should jump down this guys throat. National just gives you whatefer they want now and it is definitley gonna cost them some business
Old 08-27-2005, 09:55 AM #13
xXinpayneXx
MW

i have some paint like that

draxus sun flare

flys strait as hell, but sometimes it wont break.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:23 AM #14
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

If you want specific items, make sure your Purchase Order states it.

Don't say "20 cases Crapball" as any supplier can substitute anything similar. Read your account agreement.

Instead, order this way:

20 cases Galactic Crapball, Brown Shell/Yellow Fill, SKU 843-186-097, No substitutiond

If you be specific, you'll be happier.

If you tend to use low quality paint, buy 1 case of a batch in advance and test it.

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 AM #15
mynameisgeorgel

we've had a lot of trouble with national doing stuff like this
we're actually switching over to PMI pretty soon
Old 08-27-2005, 11:10 AM #16
CrazyLemurBoy
PBStar Lord

National tends to mess up alot of orders. I won't be going back any time soon for anything of importance.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:14 AM #17
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
pronking is a Supporting Member
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Boss
pronking is Immortal
like the guy said up a few posts too
you say competitive edge on the first post then you say comp edge. these are 2 distinctly different paints. Comp edge is absolute crap as is th rest of the blue arc line in my experience. Competitive edge is uaually really good(especially in compairison)
I tell ya what when they first did Blitz and had the xball over-runs whoooooo i have never shot such a good case of cheap paint. we couldnt keep it in stock.
My .02
PK

Coach-
Fresno State Bulldogs NCPA - A Division Xball
FX Anodizing-where art is made!
www.fxanodizing.com
Old 08-27-2005, 11:26 AM #18
MuPpEtMoWeR_569
White Boy Assassin

MuPpEtMoWeR_569 plays in the APPA D5 division
MuPpEtMoWeR_569 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i shoot blue arc charge and its our fields paint, everyone loves it. i mean i wouldnt shoot it at a tourny but it dont chop just sometimes u get bounces.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 PM #19
rieber

rieber is a Supporting Member
do the box's actually say the words seconds on them? if they do than you clearly got seconds but if they dont than you clearly got comp edge which is completely different than the draxxus competitive edge. for those people planning to not deal with nps because of mistakes i dont blame you cause you order something and expect to get that something. but nobody is perfect. maybe it happens with every order if it does than tell your sales person you want to be compensated in some sort of way. i must say the new blue arc is lookn really really good, it is worth the money so check it out.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:21 PM #20
YakimaPaintball
www.yakimapaintball.com

I had problems with N.P.S. in the past with a few orders also but as time has passed and I learned how to order from them as in past threads make sure you order by product name (full name) color size and of course the sku# associtated to that product and after doing this you will see a dramatic decline in problems from N.P.S. If you are trying to make extra bucks on cheap paint you will get cheap paint. Many problems could be cured just by ordering correctly.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:32 PM #21
guile530
Demon Dog!

the only problem i have with nps is their inconsitent pricing, and the quality of xball going down the tubes. one day we will order a couple of halos, and the next time we order they will be 5 bucks more, and then they will be 7 bucks less next time, etc...

we never are for sure when we order from them, its messed up.
92/4500 crossfire tank

PM5
Red Halo B
Stiffi Switch