PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-26-2005, 01:15 PM #1
Kangaroo2

tank leaking

i have a 48ci 3000 pure energy tank and it leaks air very slowly, like i got it filled before i left field and then a week later i looked at the gauge and it read 0. could be a bad oring in the tank reg?please help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2005, 03:42 PM #2
chopshopper

fill it, than dunk it in a bucket of water, tell us where you see bubbles coming from. if it's the ports where the guage or fill nipple are, use a wrench to get it out, and reseal it with new teflon tape. if its from the guage itself, replace it. if it's from the inside of the fill nipple (where air would go in) take it out, remove the strut and replace the oring on it. If its from the safety, try to tighten it if thta doesnt do it, buy a new one. if it's from the asa, than it needs to be taken apart, bring it in. if it's from between the tank and the reg you need a new oring, best to take it in. if it's from the bottom of the bottle, RUN LIKE HELL.
If you have a problem with your Air system, post it, I'll try to help you with what you need to do to fix it, and where you can go to get parts. AAchopshop is now open on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/AA-Chopshop?refid=store
Old 08-26-2005, 04:27 PM #3
Kangaroo2

its comin out of the fill nipple, thanks for your help.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:09 PM #4
pbking316
Evil Wins

has been a member for 10 years
you could call pmi they will give you a new fill nipple. they did for my scion anyway.
or if you have the oring for the fill nipple change it and see if that fixes it.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:15 PM #5
snotshooter
Moose Gore

Before taking anything off your tank. Please release the air inside. Indoor rockets suck! Well actually they blow, and that sucks........I think