PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-25-2005, 06:24 PM #1
D.J.

has been a member for 10 years
Any Ideas on how to get a league started?

I'm interested in starting a league at my field. I was hope to my get the local churches, fire departments, police departments, maybe schools. Does any one have any ideas on how I could get these orgs to join a league?

Old pbn feedback
For Sale
LE DM7
Barrel kit
Tanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM #2
kavon

let them play in it for free lol?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:21 PM #3
D.J.

I thought about doing that and just charge a little more for field paint.

Old pbn feedback
For Sale
LE DM7
Barrel kit
Tanks
Old 08-26-2005, 04:54 PM #4
Warnichek
Yea, you're out!

we are trying to get the local fields to host the "league" games at a different field each month. The hard part is getting people to commit. But we suggested getting the fee up-front, let them play their reguylar season games and have a tourny, like softball. Then have a banquet at the end of the year and give trophys for "best Sportsman" and of course the winners.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:35 AM #5
Signal20
Who Me?

Signal20 is a Supporting Member
Signal20 plays in the PSP
Signal20 plays in the MiLP
Signal20 plays in the APPA D4 division
Good ideas Warnichek..

I have been toying with the idea of a league as well, I was actually thinking of dropping the entry fee and paint fees a little bit to get more teams out.

With School starting back, this is were I will put out most of my Advertising....

Anymore ideas?

OLD PBN Feedback 12/0/0

Last edited by Signal20 : 08-27-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:17 AM #6
Trigger3271

We tried it and only had three teams show up which were ours. We tried all of the advertising and police departments and schools it was a case of empty pockets. And the police wont play anymore because they alwaays get stomped by little kids.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:51 AM #7
D.J.

I was thinking about a free entry fee and maybe BYOP for a price(Like field paint for $45 a case and you can BYOP for $25 a team). I more interested in getting more people into it around here than making money.

A far a prizes goes, i was leaning towards trophies and getting an article in the local paper wrote about them.

Old pbn feedback
For Sale
LE DM7
Barrel kit
Tanks
Old 08-27-2005, 01:22 PM #8
PBLady

Thumbs up

We started an Xtreme Christian Paintball League (XCPL) this year and we are getting ready to have event #4 in Sept. I sent out flyers to all area churches that gave all the information that one would need to get started with their youth groups to come out and play, we have had a turnout not a great one like 50 teams or anything but its been small groups like 15 teams and the entry fee (I kept this fairly cheap) has been returned to the players in prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd and part of the money is put up for the series prize of cash money. We hold this event on Sat's and this gives the church people a chance to play tournaments but go to church on Sundays as well.

The people that have attended have been great! Very nice pleasant day of paintball is what we have come to see on these days*** no cussing no getting p-off, its been awesome.