PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-28-2005, 04:35 PM #22
YakimaPaintball
www.yakimapaintball.com

I believe that if you make sure to stock as many Tippmanns and Spyders as you can they will sell every one of them and if you buy 10 Dm5's It may take a while to sell these as in past threads you have to know what the people are wanting and that is what you need to concentrate and make sure you are keeping up with all the new products coming out so you can sell the next best thing coming out look at the ION when it came out sold lots in a short period now sells are pretty slim on them. I still think that most of us shop owners are fighting for pennies against each other because of the internet and the distributors allowing anybody with 30 dollar businesss license to become a wholesaler which really affects shops to growing bigger. and that the distrubitors do not protect there dealers by only allowing one person in a local area to have the rights to selling there products so we wouldn't have to fight over pennies you dont see 10 chevy dealers in 1 town or burger king selling mcdonalds hamburgers do ya??
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2005, 05:12 PM #23
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

has been a member for 10 years
I think it would smart for a store to stock the newer high-end (9.6v) rechargeable batteries (maha/powerex), mainly for hoppers as there are some issues w/ some boards.

If you have a good salesperson, you can easily illustrate how use of these batteries pay for themselves in less than a year--you could probably even draw up a chart that explains it, then use it as an endcap display. I bet the margins are great too... they have to be at like $10 per 9.6v battery...

I'm in sales (investments). I always like to sell items that clearly add value/save money, etc.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 AM #24
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
buy ions they sell like hotcakes and.. nerves and shockers and i think 4 karnis just sold very quick..
get paint and good paint and sell it like 10 bucks more than wholesale..
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 AM #25
AtomiX Sports

WOW alot of different opions-

We have 4 pro shops and each one is diff for the inventory we carry.It is not a science,but close to it.One pro shop caters to only rec ballers,with a small amount of high end products.Another on the other hand is strickly tourny type players with almost high end only.The other 2 are 50-50.The thing you want to sell more than anything is paint paint paint,and air.You have to figure out what type of ballers you will have,then go from there.Rec ballers-Tippmann,piranhas and all the accessories,High end we carry high end markers,bolts,nitro tanks,barrel systems,clothes,feed necks,on/offs,regulators,macro kits,grips,and the most important--------PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE and SERVICE-you cannot have some young kid in your shop without these 2 things.They alone will make more sales than anything.Service-service service-with a 3 day turn around if at all possible.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:07 PM #26
millsan1
fleh

millsan1 plays in the APPA D4 division
Another point is that whatever is displayed the best will sell the best ( to a point)

If you do not have your items well displayed, sales will be less. People do not like to ask for items, and some assume too much.

For instance, we carry a lot of jerseys. At some point, we had Red, Blue and Yellow American Jerseys on the racks, but we only had 1 size of the Yellow. We did have other sizes in the back (display your items!). I saw a customer looking at the jerseys, look at the yellow American, check the size, and start to walk out. A quick "Can I help you find a jersey?" resulted in " Yeah, I want a yellow American, but you don't have my size" Which of course we did, but not on display.

It is not the customers job to ask for items, you should have them out there for purchase, or have signage indicating that you have more stock, can order, etc.

And I agree with Atomix, a Sales Person, not a Counter Guy, is what helps a retail store thrive.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM #27
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shockers sell good here.
Timmys sell also but im not a big fan of them.

Flex masks
Proto switches
Anything dye sells good

Hellfire paint
Midnight Paint
Dread Paint
Formula 13 paint
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****Evil paint *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:34 PM #28
dyepsycho
Blue Belt

dyepsycho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mark is right, especially the formula 13.
I got a case for nothing (my boss orders em on a skid and this was at the bottom so the box was kinda beat up, the paint was fine though) and I shot it, it shot darts through a stock infinity barrel. Plus I left it out in the sun all day yesterday throught playing, it still shot darts.
Formula 13 is my new fav paint, and it sells really fast
Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM #29
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
we carry hellfire... and practice.. cicuit .. and i belive we still have some anarchy and diablo.. they sell great at low prices hellfiree 50..
umm ions.. timmys and egos... cockers..
ooo oo get different masks some flexes .. like 2 protos and vforce and 8 of those extreme rage masks
also get jereseys.. tons of jereseys.. ..
Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 AM #30
JxTxCxNx
800JESSIES.COM

Jerseys don't sell well for us. The paintball tournament gear suppliers don't offer the right pricing yet.

Clothing should sell at a very large margin. That way, stores can blow out old stock at half price and only lose a little.

As for high end markers, definitely no. You can buy a SuperTourneyBlaster for $800 (sells online for $950) and might sell it infrequently. That $800 cash could get you 10 RecShooters that sell for $110. More, faster products in the hands of more players.

Our > $500 markers scare off customers. Our < $150 markers sell out faster than we can get them.

On goggles, our high end goggles net about 20% after shipping and overhead. Cheaper ones get 40-60% and sell ten times faster!

My rule of thumb: customers who speak with their mouths < customers who speak with their wallets!

--dada
Brian(LB)Fow Fan Club Member #11[/size]
Still love him.