PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2005, 10:42 AM #1
Shawn Walker

Thanks to everyone

I have seen some very positive posts here I wanted to thank everyone for that. We have and will continue to work very hard to constantly improve the GPL and put on the very best tournament we can.

I saw some excellent games with very skilled players in the GPL. I also saw some great sportsmanship and I felt that overall the event had a great "feel" to it.

I talked to many players who said very nice things and gave me lots of ideas and suggestions.

Along with that, things never go perfect. Paintball is a very competitive sport and sometimes brings out the worst in people.

I wanted to let everyone know about my initial thoughts as to some changes before next event.

1) Ref trainings - Reffing is a thankless job and I tip my hats to all the refs that worked hard in the muggy heat. I am working on an organized ref training program that will include some current refs and others that are brought in for next event.
2) Schedules - I agree with one of the posts on the forum that everyone should have master schedules so you know which games are before your games. We will do that next time. Also I agree that we need to be harder on the teams that don't show up on time. If we are forced to forfeit games, we should so that we don't have to play in the dark!

I also wanted to thank Del Hobbies and their staff for doing an excellent job. Their post on this forum about safety is essential to the future of our sport. Along with that the local ambulance squad was outstanding. Thanks to all those who supported them with donations.

I will continue to check these forums and take every suggestion and comment I can get. Also feel free to contact our office or email me directly.

Thanks again to everyone for a great event.

-Shawn
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement