PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-22-2005, 09:17 PM #1
DHP

has been a member for 10 years
Message from Del Hobbies

We at DHP would like to thank Shawn and staff for a job well done. We believe he has the GPL heading in the right direction and will assist him in any way possible. Special thanks go out to our local ambulance squad for putting in 2 full days at our facility. Remember, these people are volunteers and could be at home with their familys on such a hot weekend. Good job from the refs enduring the extreme heat and angry players all day. There is still a lot of work to be done to make this series the best in all of paintball. We will be constantly improving our facility for the good of the players. A lot of effort will be expended over the next few weeks to make the reffing crews as good as they possibly can be. We will be running training classes for those interested in reffing. Contact our store if you are interested. We will use 4 or 5 fields to help get the tournaments over earlier so we all can get home earlier.
Note to all players and teams: DHP SEVERELY ENFORCES A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON THE CONDUCT OF PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS AT OUR FACILITY. Specific areas of concern are:
Throwing of a marker.
Any physical contact between players, refs, or spectators.
Any unsportsmanlike conduct.
Discharging a marker outside of a netted area.
Drugs or alcohol on the premisses.
Anyone creating a nuisance.
All off the above mentioned instances will be immediate cause for ejection from the event and removal of the persons involved from our facility. There may even be criminal charges filed in some cases. There will be no excuses.
While any tournament has a few bugs, change is needed from some of the players also. Attend the events for the enjoyment of the game. Play as straight up as you possibly can. Good and bad calls will come your way in the future. Get over it and play on.
Thanks,
DHP
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2005, 10:11 PM #2
N.M.E.kid22 (Banned)
.MURDER.

N.M.E.kid22 is a Supporting Member
Specific areas of concern are:
1.Throwing of a marker.
2.Any physical contact between players, refs, or spectators.
3.Any unsportsmanlike conduct.
4.Discharging a marker outside of a netted area.
5.Drugs or alcohol on the premisses.
6.Anyone creating a nuisance.

their is a few things i find a little funny with that part of ur post

1. i saw a kid on the raven field throw marker dont no wat happened to him by u guys but just thought i would say that,

2. idk wat happened in the finals with qs so i wont say anything

3. i saw a lot of unsportsman like conduct in and out of the field, many ppl cursing on the field and didnt get pulled, but yet i say "get the hell outa here" to a person i shot about 20 times b/c he kept runing at me with his gun up at gpl #3 in the finals and i get pulled but ppl saying f this and f that didnt on the xball field.

4. saw ppl shoot about a bag if not more on to the telephone poles (at the wire and junction box area) all the way down at the end of the fields, and then at the end of the day some idiot kid who shot out the window of the building next to the shot up telephone pole, and no one did anything, and i no someone had to of seen it b/c it was kinda quiet and no one was shooting besides him, not even on the field

5. i wont even begin to start with the drugs that were at gpl, its just funny, im siting down refilling my pods and all of a suden this big smell smacks me in the face, and wat smell was it it was the smell of the mary jane, the W, the weed smell, and it just smacked me in the faace like woooo,

6. and the nuisence policy should go to dogs as well, i staged next to this team with the bigest pile of **** for a dog, that dog shouda been drop kicked ages ago, and this comes from a person who hates to see animals put to sleep when they need it, and has many animals including a fat tailed gecko, cats, dogs, and many hermit crabs and fish , but that dog who weighed as much as my left arm was so anoying and barked at everything and anything, and shoulda not been their, now i call that an anoyence

but **** happens and rules dont normaly get inforced at many paintball events so no biggie

Last edited by N.M.E.kid22 : 08-23-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM #3
DeltaFox
Im in the 50

^ I don't know quite how to respond to your post NME kid, because large portions of it do not make sense.

I would like to say thanks to DHP for working so hard to make GPL not only into a large tournament but a nice one to play in.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 AM #4
NO.SPD.LIMIT
est. 1978

Annual Supporting Member
NO.SPD.LIMIT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow!

An age old saying comes to mind....If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. I thought the event was run well. The only difficulty was some games overlapping. We had to play a team on the ravan field and it turns out they were still playing on the X-ball field. It only happened a hand full of times and no pionts were lost and no penalties accured.

Thanks from all of us.
The Blunt Riders
Old 08-23-2005, 06:50 PM #5
pballer34
I said good day.

yea the schedules became way off at some points. i think especially after that guy was shot in teh face or whatever on teh APS field. that slowed things down there big time.

overall i would say it was a great tournament. i truly enjoyed my day.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:51 PM #6
cousinsjudge
2tall 4 paintball

"An age old saying comes to mind....If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all."
~ not many people are saying anything, does this mean...?
THIS IS THE LIFE WE CHOSE, THE LIFE WE LEAD AND THERE IS ONLY ONE GUARANTEE... NONE OF US WILL SEE HEAVEN!THIS IS THE LIFE WE CHOSE, THE LIFE WE LEAD AND THERE IS ONLY ONE GUARANTEE... NONE OF US WILL SEE HEAVEN!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:34 PM #7
Slow_Target

N.M.E.kid22 - Well I can tell you that if you are not willing to say something about these problems to someone in charge, then suck it up and deal with it. I work inside Dels and have NO problems going out to check on things. Mention it discretly inside and I will go and check. Trust me, this is not being tolerated. It was a large crowd.
Equalized Black Impulse #9792, Kapp on/off, Check-it low-rise, Dye 71/45, full Freak, JHII, SS RatHole, SP Mag trig, NDZ Equalizer bolt, Slik-Shot & R.I.P. valve, Hybrid grips.
Gen-E LCD#22139, toxic breach, Gold Evolve, ccm feed, cp reg & asa
99 Shocker Turbo/SelectFire #7069
"Originally posted by wolverine Be a man and pick a side of the fence and stay there. "
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 PM #8
jayel579
.......for the ladies

I played in this recent event. I have always thought it was run well. My only concern this time around was the out right dis-respect given to refs at times. If I could name games I would, but there were players flat out arguing with refs, cursing, and no one pulled or penalized for it. I did mention it to Brian, have not had a chance to call Shawn on it yet.

Last edited by jayel579 : 08-24-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:51 PM #9
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_Target
N.M.E.kid22 - Well I can tell you that if you are not willing to say something about these problems to someone in charge, then suck it up and deal with it. I work inside Dels and have NO problems going out to check on things. Mention it discretly inside and I will go and check. Trust me, this is not being tolerated. It was a large crowd.
Chas doesn't have the balls, he will just come here and complain.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:30 AM #10
wobbles82
mattywatts

What Chas does not realize is that Dels made that list to show what will not be tolerated, not things that were directly addressed or caught every single time. Some things will be gotten away with, they cant be on top of everything. They were simply saying that they are the things they try to not have, and maybe you saw some cases of them, but you have to remember not everything in the world can be addressed. I think the merge went real smoothly, the GPL seems to be getting better and better, good job guys.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 AM #11
DHP

The guy on the Raven field that threw the marker was ejected from the tournament and his team played one man short for the rest of the event. The situation with the ref at the end of the Quiet Storm game ended in a DQ of the team for the event and the players involved suspended indefinetly. Any other problems that we knew about were addressed including ending the Pro practice on the NPPL field after several warnings about their language on the field failed to correct the problem. Players that see anything going down at DHP that is not within our guidelines need to let us know and you can be assured it will be dealt with.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:39 AM #12
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Did anybody notice that Quiet Storm han NYX Players in it??? he only removed and put on his mask at his car
Not to mention a reinvented JT Pro Hunters playing D2 and a few others which I Probably have on tape (I haven't watched the whole thing yet).
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case

Last edited by juggernaught_lives : 08-24-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:58 AM #13
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
Why do rumors have to start up again at this event that NYX players are playing for teams at GPL?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:17 AM #14
ruru1000
Freaks Of Nature

ruru1000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaught_lives
Did anybody notice that Quiet Storm han NYX Players in it??? he only removed and put on his mask at his car
Not to mention a reinvented JT Pro Hunters playing D2 and a few others which I Probably have on tape (I haven't watched the whole thing yet).

if thsi is true.. can youplease post the vid?
Procaps
DraXxus
R7
J&J Performance
Old 08-24-2005, 02:00 PM #15
Infamous Ca$per
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Infamous Ca$per is a Supporting Member
Infamous Ca$per plays in the PSP
Infamous Ca$per owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Did anyone else notice this guys is an idiot?

You most likley dont have anything on your tape. You may say you do.. but i can gurantee you have nothing. We (quiet storm) play and place in a legit fashion in each and every tournament we enter. There was crap being spoken about the divison 2 squad after our first game against NYC WRECKING CREW. Gpl staff called our manager to the tent, to discuss the allegations of us being "sandbaggers" and when it was all said and done we were aloud to play. The reason for that is we are legit. Since you took your time to think of an unoriginal lie for slander how about you waste the time to match up the names to our psp roster(www.pspevents.com). I would also like for you match us up to how and when its possible for us to play for NYX when we play in every psp event. We also have no affiliation with "Jt pro hunters".

These are the rosters for both squads

Division 2:

Andrew Quiles- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Geronimo Medina- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Brian Goldberg- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
David Geller- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
John Parillo -Division 3 psp/Division 3 nppl
Sean Makofsky- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl

Division 1

Brent Curry- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Mario Biganini- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Ben Balahadia- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Jeff Veltri- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl
Mike Magi- Division 2 psp/Division 3 nppl

Enjoy matching up the names and then feeling completely retarted. And also thank you for wasting my time. I wanna thank GPL for a good event and Dels for good playing facilities. On a final note.. to clear things up, just incase no one knows, not one person from Quiet Storm physically assaulted a referee.

QuietStorm
WolfPack
EastCoastEmpire
MethodOfDestruction
Old 08-24-2005, 02:03 PM #16
kai83
Mega Moderator

kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is BST Legit
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Casper why did you waste your time even answering something like that?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:11 PM #17
Infamous Ca$per
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Infamous Ca$per is a Supporting Member
Infamous Ca$per plays in the PSP
Infamous Ca$per owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I am honestly sick and tired of lies and stupid rumors. Just like the one the referee getting elbowed in his face. I gurantee you can look at the refs face today and there is not one mark from an elbow striking him in the face. But then again no one seemed to check for damage on the refs face the day of the tournament? Quiet Storm is automatically the bad guys because the verbally express how they feel when getting screwed over by a half *** semi pro team.

QuietStorm
WolfPack
EastCoastEmpire
MethodOfDestruction
Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 PM #18
C0lin is AGG
The Infamous...

C0lin is AGG is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox
^ I don't know quite how to respond to your post NME kid, because large portions of it do not make sense.

I would like to say thanks to DHP for working so hard to make GPL not only into a large tournament but a nice one to play in.
I understood the whole thing and I'm dislexic... that tells you something about yourself.

[quote=Slow_Target]N.M.E.kid22 - Well I can tell you that if you are not willing to say something about these problems to someone in charge, then suck it up and deal with it.QUOTE]

By posting in this thread he is speaking to Del Hobbies. And if you work inside and talk to your customers like that, that;s pretty scummy as well.

Quote:
You are clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruru1000
if thsi is true.. can youplease post the vid?
There is no video, ugh.

You all got owned by a 15 year old dislexic kid PAYCE!

-c0linisagg
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM #19
Inevitable
Quiet Storm

Inevitable is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You really need to start thinking about things before you post something so stupid and idiotic. And your tape has nothing on it so don't waste your time checking. Why even post things like this. Like the post above me shows our exact rankings in both x ball and nppl. So my friend you just got offically owned. So stop talking crap and play paintball.

Pevs Paintball
Old 08-24-2005, 02:23 PM #20
Nation03
Hiatus

Nation03 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quiet Storm is a great team and they earned 1st place far and square. All you people that try and make things up to make them look bad are just jelous because you have no talent what so ever. Grow a sack and stop *****ing and making up lies.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:29 PM #21
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
I personaly wouldnt even bother replying to anything anyone else posts about QS and gpl, no matter what you say people will continue to hate.