PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 PM #22
PB4EVA1291
Team Prodigy

Wow.... that sucks for alot of people. I dident know where to find the number on my tank so i just looked at it and, wahla, the number said DOT E 10945. I guess that means i'm safe. Looks like people are going to get reimbursed (sp?) some time soon.

Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post24231238
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 PM #23
JeffGemma

has been a member for 10 years
Good thing crossfire tanks are made by SCI (Structural Composites Industries) not GCI
Old 08-23-2005, 11:06 PM #24
paintball_freak916

my 68/45 Crossfire tank says its made by Carelton, so is taht a diff manufactuer form GCI and SCI? and my dot-e is not the recalled one so im safe too
Konstantin Fedorov Fan Club Member #33
Gator Glaze Fan Club #59
Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM #25
Sammo
www.archonpaintball.com

Sammo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bottle info

I hope this post clears up some confusion...

There are four major manufacturers of fiber wrapped cylinders(bottles) here in the United States that we use for paintball. SCI, Carleton, Luxfer, and GCI (Global Composite Industries). All of the regulator manufacturers and value added resellers use one of these manufacturers cylinders to make what we know as a HPA air system for paintball. The only cylinders affected by DOT's de-certification are marked with the code DOT-E 12695. These cylinders were manufactured by GCI (Global Composite Industries.)

The only regulator manufacturers or resellers that I know for sure have sold GCI cylinders are Archon (Ignition HPA systems), Crossfire (Crossfire HPA systems), and MacDev (Legionaire and Conquest HPA systems). Now I am not saying that all of the cylinders sold by these companies were GCI cylinders, however, some of them definetly were and therefore, these cylinders should be checked.

I can also say with conviction that CenterFlag has never sold GCI cylinders to anyone! I understand that this is a scary issue, however I believe people should check their facts before they go posting potentially harmful information about other people's businesses. Since this is a "business owners forum," I would think people posting in this forum would know better...

If you have any other questions about compressed air cylinders or related matter, feel free to contact me!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 PM #26
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
One other thing to keep in mind. Tanks and tank regs are not 'married' to one another. If you've bought a used HPA system, there's little/no guarrantee that the tank and reg were purchased together. I have a variety of adjustable tank regs that don't screw-in so they're not easy to move from marker to marker. If the gun I want to play with is set up for a tank reg that's got an out-of-date tank, it's sometimes easier to switched the tanks rather than set the gun up for a different system.

The bottom line is to check the tank regardless of the reg that happens to be on it.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:03 AM #27
EatUrHeartOut187
HKD

My Crossfire has an SCI cylinder and I hear this only concerns CGI cylinders.

TRUST
MySpace
My Photography
PINOYBALLASOCIETY #69
Old 08-25-2005, 01:13 AM #28
maskedpenisfromvenus

maskedpenisfromvenus is a Supporting Member
correct. the only tanks that are at all affected by this are tanks made by GCI tanks with the DOT-E 12695 number.

if you have a luxfer, carleton, etc. tank with that number are still safe and as far as i know, GCI bottles not under the DOT-E 12695 exemption are also safe.

from what i heard, GCI had a defect in a machine running the bottles and not enough fiber was wrapped on the tank, making it too weak to safely sustain 4500 psi (note: you could prolly fill one and it wont necessarily explode, but its not up to safety requirement codes and thus i do not reccomend it). No other company has had this problem, and as far as i know other GCI bottles do not have this problem.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 AM #29
1865 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuliveudie
This effects some of the newer MacDev LegionAirs, I believe.
Yes, also some Conquest systems. My 68/4500 is Ok, but I am having to replace my 45/4500.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM #30
TwistedPBMom
Field Owner

TwistedPBMom is a Supporting Member
TwistedPBMom is an Ultimate field/store owner
TwistedPBMom supports our troops

Old 08-25-2005, 04:20 PM #31
Scootscr15
Pay attention boy

Thank God the recall/bannage of these tanks happened before someone was injured/killed
Old 08-27-2005, 07:22 PM #32
blautsauger (Banned)

Let's keep this up where everybody can see it.