PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 PM #1
cjmit26

has been a member for 10 years
Operation Halo - Wasaga Beach Paintball 2005

well i thought it would be cool to see how many ppl in the nation went to Operation Halo at Wasaga Beach on Augest 20 2005 and hear some stories and share the experience.

well the highlight of my day was the final battle and just hearing 907 ppl shotting as fast as they could everywhere and anywhere in this little playing area.

Oh and Humans RULE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 AM #2
Anorath

Yeah, I was there too. Overall it was great and though the big game was fun my best experience was when I was out on a chopper run and we became surrounded by humans. Probably about 50 - 100, and they opened up on us. Refs eliminated just about all of then and took away points from the humans. Hurt like crazy but was worth it.
Its too bad that the humans won, but in the end I believe they won by only about 50 points. If we could have turned up another arrow we could have tied. The action was intense all day and I pulled my all time best ratio, tagging 30 people(confermed) while getting out only 6 times.
Well the humans won this year but watch out, the aliens will return!

Primary Marker (My Baby)
Pirahna EXT PRO G3 | E-Force Trigger Frame | Evil Detonator Regulator | Smart Parts Teardrop Barrel | Boss Bolt | Boss Blade Trigger | Boss Modified Valve Kit | Viewloader eVLution II | Shocktech Shim Kit | 32 Degrees Spring Kit | Pure Energy 88/4500 Tank

Secondary Marker (In Need Of Repair)

Tippmann A5 | Currently All Stock
Old 08-21-2005, 09:46 PM #3
BloodyFinger

I thought that was a little stupid how it was pretty much all decided by the final battle. Aliens should have won. We were totally dominating the field most of the day and then the humans had a chance to double their points effectivly negating all our hard work during the day! Oh well, it was a totally awesome time. I feel bad for my friend though. I convinced him to come and he was the one who ended up with the bloody throat (some jerk shot him pointblank after he surrendered...). Overall though A++.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM #4
Anorath

Yeah, i think i saw that, or at least the aftermath. I swear most of the humans were shooting hot, some of those shots seemed a wee bit to heavy for my liking. Overall it was an alright game, I wish they could have taken some more input from long time scenario players. The heavy support consisted of a player with a PVC pipe yelling "Boom, Your Dead". With all of the cheap ways to make a 12g powered cannon they could have at least made it a bit more skillful. The guy who took down our chopper couldn't even be heard over the regular day to day chatter on the field. Wasaga does a great job of running a fair game, but i hope they make some inprovments next year. I will remain true to my alien side even if they do stack the odds against us.

Primary Marker (My Baby)
Pirahna EXT PRO G3 | E-Force Trigger Frame | Evil Detonator Regulator | Smart Parts Teardrop Barrel | Boss Bolt | Boss Blade Trigger | Boss Modified Valve Kit | Viewloader eVLution II | Shocktech Shim Kit | 32 Degrees Spring Kit | Pure Energy 88/4500 Tank

Old 08-21-2005, 10:59 PM #5
cjmit26

i would have to desagree, from what i saw the humans had control for most of the day, i know we were getting our butts kick for like the first 3 hours because no one cared about the ion and was just looking for aliens to kill, but after that everytime i looked the battle lines were pushed farther back into alien terriorty and humans had the ion, idn. but i know that the only way we were shotting hot was if they took allen keys into the feild and changed it their velocity because the refs wouldnt let ANYONE on the field until they Chronyed and were at least 2 shots under 280. they did a good job, but i do have to agree how the whole game was desided by the final battle. they should deffinitly make a few changes before next year, and the only word that can describe the day is....awsome....
Old 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM #6
BloodyFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmit26
i would have to desagree, from what i saw the humans had control for most of the day, i know we were getting our butts kick for like the first 3 hours because no one cared about the ion and was just looking for aliens to kill, but after that everytime i looked the battle lines were pushed farther back into alien terriorty and humans had the ion, idn. but i know that the only way we were shotting hot was if they took allen keys into the feild and changed it their velocity because the refs wouldnt let ANYONE on the field until they Chronyed and were at least 2 shots under 280. they did a good job, but i do have to agree how the whole game was desided by the final battle. they should deffinitly make a few changes before next year, and the only word that can describe the day is....awsome....
I dunno man, I could swear we (aliens) were controlling most of the time. I was out there a good 7 hours out of 8 and only like 1 or 2 times you guys made a big push and took the POW camp. Other than that we had the ion and the POW camp solid. I was in like two or three rushes that push almost all the way back to your basecamp. Plus we had double your points most of the time and we woulda won but I think the refs started to give us penalties just so the humans still had a chance to win. Like 10 minutes before the final battle the score was like 1200 to 2590 and then we just started getting penalties which brought us down to like 2370. So I definently think that we controled most of the day...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:32 PM #7
Anorath

I think the aliens did have control over the game most of the day, yeah the humans held the ridge very well and had a few well placed assaults on our position, but for most of the day the aliens were in control of the major point zones. At one point we had to carry our mortor to the far bunker in hillbilly hill and hold it for 15 minutes. I hung out in the house while we explosive roped the mortor. Not once did we site any humans near us or the ion tower only 50 ft away.
Not to say the humans didn't have control over the field, I feel they realy dominated us in that respect. If it hadn't been for the shields we had I'm sure we would have become overrun very fast. Oh and the warthog driver was trully skilled, unlike the specter driver. You realy went after us, our tank realy just drove around looking for easy prey and then ran off. I can't say this part from experience, just from what I saw.
As for shotting hot, I'm sure the rentals were not, but I'm willing to put money on at least some of the gun owners spinning their FPS us a bit, You don't always need allen keys. Im not sure about the human side, but at our entry point or on the field not one ref stopped me for a crono. I know I didn't take advantage of this, but it wouldn't be the first time a few people got it into their heads to crank it up.
Overall I was very impressed but the sportsmanship of everone involved in the event. I havn't had a better day out on the field. I simply love a good scenario, even with a few bugs.

Primary Marker (My Baby)

Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 PM #8
cjmit26

well i guess i had good timing, like i said everytime i looked at the board we had the ion, and i only heard the score one time out in the day, and those sheild things made me mad, but i still managed to get everyone i shot at with one of those, mostly faceshots wen they peaked out, oh and i bunked two kids wen they had the shields one of my highlights. and i no u dont always need an allen key to adjust the velocity, but if u looked, more the half the ppl out there had a tippmann and u need one for them. but i do agree that the sportsmnaship was excellent, and i had a great time. im looking forward to the next big game i go to, hopefully "day of the dead 4" at flagswipes, and of course wasagas one next year.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:03 AM #9
Anorath

Yeah, I can't wait for Halo 2 next year. Unfortunetly I can't make Day of the Dead (too far) but I will be going to The Pheonix Project in Cambridge on the 25 of Sept.

Primary Marker (My Baby)

Old 09-24-2005, 10:14 AM #10
paintballpantera_101

i was there the day after Operation halo. I missed it because i left to wasaga too late.
PE 68/4500 with WDP Lok Sok
Halo B with V35 and RIP drive
Extreme Rage 20/20 Echo (Red)
JT 2003 Proharness (w/4 pods)
Old 10-12-2005, 07:29 PM #11
lyners
*N-Two Factor*

lyners owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lyners owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I had to ref it, So i didnt get to play ! O well theres always next year!!
'09 -Wasaga Beach Boyz CXBL / Syracuse Chaos AXBL
'08 -Nottawasaga Beach Boyz Factory MXL Champions(7-0-0) * '07 -Toronto Mavericks PSP