Like the title says..

Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2005, 01:55 AM #2
kalashnikov
what's this button do?

has been a member for 10 years
yes and no...each time something is anodized the tolerances change, this is an undeniable fact. it may only change a thousandth, but that's enough to see a very slight difference with the same type of paint.

prep work can also have an effect on the inner finish, if the anodizer decides to hang the barrels from the inside then you'll get two nice silver streaks down one end of your barrel...this is obviously a change in tolerance and can have negative consequences. Some strippers can also pit the alluminum, causing a matte look...the same goes for an unplugged barrel being blasted. It can also be vaporized in a nuclear explosion, but that's far less likely (unless I'm the one doing it)

in the end, there's a lot that can happen to your barrel when you send it off...but for the most part it's all in the knowhow and ability of the anodizer to do the job right.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:23 PM #3
mike8913
killer of the newb

in most cases, type II anodizing changes the thickness of the metal by .001, however, when the part is stripped CORRECTLY it should remove almost exactly .001 of an inch, when it is re-anodized the part should grow a brand new layer of the same thickness, in the end, if everything goes right, the barrel should maintain the exact same bore.

if there is any changes, it would probably be on the milioniths of latter measurements which would not have much effect if any, and most certainly not noticable.