PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2005, 08:24 AM #1
kez1551 (Banned)
Banned

Thumbs up Online store

Hey guys since this is the store owenrs section i thought i would show u guys my website and see what u guys thought of it:

www.paintball007.com

I try as hard as possible to have everything but note that its not done but all categoriesa re done so you can get the jist of whats goin on.

Please be hinest aboiut your thoughts and give me some constructive critiscm.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 AM #2
Beaney
Deus Ex Machina

Beaney is a Supporting Member
I guess cut out sysems work. Spelling and grammar really hurts it. Otherwise it is well done so far.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 AM #3
kez1551 (Banned)
Banned

what where do i say that.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:14 AM #4
cartunes99

Annual Supporting Member
cartunes99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
cartunes99 donated to help Peyton Trent
web

NOT even close to being the CHEAPEST pb website . TRY actionvillage , reloader b at $ 134.95 plus free shipping . ,, you need to look around ,theres lots of site's selling cheaper . ALSO get rid of the blue in your shipping and returns , can't see it .. good start but you have to work on those prices.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:21 AM #5
Adam08
*712*

dude lower the prices, a spyder pilot acs shouldnt be $300, the local field here has it for $200. other than the prices great site
|Alexander Schneider Fan #1|

"Originally posted by Farside Logan: you guys seem to, in general, have an over developed love of cookies. i mean, everyone loves cookies, but i mean... they aren't that hard to obtain. it's not as though we're in ethiopia."
Old 08-19-2005, 09:53 AM #6
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
What do you actually have in stock? I won't buy online unless I know the item is in stock and can be shipped promptly. If you accept my instant paypal payment, I expect my package to ship within 24 hours.

Check out www.compulsivepaintball.com for an online biz done right.

Also, work on the spelling, punctuation, etc. If you're careless with those details I'd worry about how careful you are with the details of my order.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM #7
kez1551 (Banned)
Banned

lol i work with compulsive and yes it wud be shippied out within 24 hours
Old 08-19-2005, 10:12 AM #8
Beaney
Deus Ex Machina

Beaney is a Supporting Member
Ditch the Union Jack as well. Makes me think I got to pay shipment from the U.K.. People will click the back or close button in no time flat. Matching prices is kinda cheesie IMO. First why would I give my business to you when the other guy is already lower? Second its an invitation to lowball you non stop. If you don't stand by your pricing your not going to stand by your product.

Last edited by Beaney : 08-19-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:06 AM #9
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
If you are serious about constructive criticism, here are a few observations.
(If these all seem too negative or like small details, feel free to ignore it.)

The things I point out are all things that immediately came to mind when looking at your site. This is far from exaustive, but everything I mention is something that would affect my decision to buy or not to buy from you (those are exactly the things you need to be concerned about).

As far as the banner goes:
- It looks like you spent more time designing the banner than anything else on the site.
- The text that reads "paintball at its best" (I think that's what it says) needs a different font. The one you're currently using is nearly unreadable.
- All the color at the top of the screen makes the gray/white body of the site look quite dull.
- The flames just look 'busy'. If there were something 'flame related' in the name of the site it might make some sense to use them. Otherwise they're just 'noise'.
- Why the 007 name?

The main body text needs to better written. There are grammatical errors, run-on sentences, and overly 'familiar' words/phrases used. The text should not 'read' as if you're talking to a friend. It needs to look/feel professional if you hope to be taken seriously. You should consider finding someone with some writing skill/expertise to look things over and rewrite everything if necessary.

Get rid of the ‘used gun’ section until you’re ready to actually make offers to purchase used equipment which you would then sell. Why would anyone pay you to list an item for them that they can list for free on a number of bulletin boards that will get much more traffic than your site? By listing other peoples f/s items you’re putting yourself in position to ‘take the heat’ if a buyer does not feel that a used item arrives ‘as described’. The used equipment market is full of problems you want to avoid.

In the ‘contact us’ section you list your name and address. This makes it look like a ‘garage business’. You should list the company name rather than your name. Listing a phone number is a good thing, but make sure that the number is dedicated to your business and is not your personal line (not sure here…just a hunch). If I call a business, how you answer my call matters.

Your Gift Certificate FAQ is not a list of “frequently asked questions”, but is simply info listed as bullet points. If it’s ‘info’ call it that. It’s not a FAQ as written.

The ‘Fix your Gun’ section makes no sense. You want someone to tell you what’s wrong and you promise to give an estimate without even seeing what’s wrong for yourself. Just eliminate this section. If you want to be an online repair shop, you need to at least claim to be certified to repair specific brands of markers. This whole section looks like an afterthought and is clearly not ‘thought out’.

You never answered the question about what's actually in stock. Stock indicators (similar to Compulsive or ActionVillage) is essential if you're serious about your biz. Right now, it looks like you're just another guy who will have items 'drop shipped'. If that's the case, why would I or anyone else even consider purchasing through you rather than any of the other similar sites out there?

As mentioned by another poster, offering to match price is silly. Either you have the best price or you don't. If I'm simply looking for the lowest price, I'll buy from the cheapest I find. Why would I give you the opportunity to match that?

If you want to be successful in a highly competitive market, you need to somehow 'set yourself apart' from the rest. You won't be able to do that on price. I'd suggest not trying to have everything for everybody, but try to be the best in a smaller (more focused) area.

Compulsive is where I go for PARTS because that’s what they do better than anyone else I’ve found. I know what they have in stock; know that the price is competitive; and know that I’ll have that item in hand very quickly. Again, this is a good model to follow.

Well, that’s a START. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:34 PM #10
kez1551 (Banned)
Banned

I dotn have everyhthinin stock but when an order comes it goes right to wholesaler along with the money and he sends out so it wud ship out withing 24 hours easily
Old 08-25-2005, 06:05 PM #11
rightwinger
PBParadise.com

You may want to have a look at pbparadise. I think they have a solid design and prices to match it.

- First thing you MUST look at is having your guns prices at MAP pricing..Your egos are set at $1149. It doesn't do you anygood to undercut the competition, all your doing is screwing the market and you will be cutoff by eclipse!!!
-You defiantley need to get rid of your name in the contact us.
- You need to get better images..NOTHING Pisses me off more than seeing a SMALL image and then wanting to enlarge it and a new window opens with same small image. THAT must be corrected at once.
- Get rid of the language thing all togeather unless you are planning on using multiple languages which would more than likely mean your shipping outside of the US and Canada and therefore normally causes problems.
- Get rid of the "geocities" looking banner, it looks like you used paint to create that. My storefront at my field has a nice clean professional appearance which customers appreciate.. Why would customers go to your site that looks like a 6 year old built it when they could go to PBParadise,Compulsive, or ActionVillage!!!
- Also rethink your notification method. Are you ACTUALLY going to notifiy all the people of when stock is going to come in. Because honestly this business seems as if its being run by 1 person. Will you have the time???
- THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE must be your payment system..ALOT OF people despise paypal with a deep passion. You must have a REAL credit card processing company, that will run your customers cards.

These are the largest changes I can see.

Good luck

Last edited by rightwinger : 08-25-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 PM #12
JANKY909

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwinger
You may want to have a look at pbparadise. I think they have a solid design and prices to match it.

- First thing you MUST look at is having your guns prices at MAP pricing..Your egos are set at $1149. It doesn't do you anygood to undercut the competition, all your doing is screwing the market and you will be cutoff by eclipse!!!
-You defiantley need to get rid of your name in the contact us.
- You need to get better images..NOTHING Pisses me off more than seeing a SMALL image and then wanting to enlarge it and a new window opens with same small image. THAT must be corrected at once.
- Get rid of the language thing all togeather unless you are planning on using multiple languages which would more than likely mean your shipping outside of the US and Canada and therefore normally causes problems.
- Get rid of the "geocities" looking banner, it looks like you used paint to create that. My storefront at my field has a nice clean professional appearance which customers appreciate.. Why would customers go to your site that looks like a 6 year old built it when they could go to PBParadise,Compulsive, or ActionVillage!!!
- Also rethink your notification method. Are you ACTUALLY going to notifiy all the people of when stock is going to come in. Because honestly this business seems as if its being run by 1 person. Will you have the time???
- THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE must be your payment system..ALOT OF people despise paypal with a deep passion. You must have a REAL credit card processing company, that will run your customers cards.

These are the largest changes I can see.

Good luck
Usually when the pictures of products are very small and hard to see, you are JACKING/SWIPING from other internet sites which have watermarks on close up pics. Try using your own pics. Detailed images are very important.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:09 PM #13
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
looks kinda nice, but i would work on the pictures, they look kinda cheap on the pages (dye, bob long, etc, and most gun pics)
Old 08-29-2005, 12:51 AM #14
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
drop some prices.. trust me most dealers i work with sell guns for about the wholesale price and they make tons!!! they roll in the money
Old 08-29-2005, 06:04 PM #15
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_Static_Age
they roll in the money
Who do you know in paintball that rolls in the money? Geez..I want to meet them
Old 08-29-2005, 06:16 PM #16
spydertipp
Erick

not consumer friendly.. i couldnt find the guns for sale section so i just closed it and said y bother there's plenty more sights that are easier to navigate... work on it...

t-boarded red and black ion, QEV, red C.I. uni on rail, q-lock, evil pipe 14" kit red-black, scythe trigger, z-boarded eggy... Killa detents,
Halo B with rip drive, Cross fire 92/4500