PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-26-2001, 08:35 PM #1
Timmay

has been a member for 10 years
working your way up to nppl

I was just wondering what you guys that play in nppls played before nppls and how you worked your way up, how long it took, how you did it ect.....
just wondering from a rookie younggun team stand point
Old 07-26-2001, 09:05 PM #2
Drewbie613
Rocksteady

Annual Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is a Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is playing at Living Legends VII
Drewbie613 plays in the APPA Pro division
Drewbie613 supports Empire
Drewbie613 is All In
there really isnt that much of a skill level difference between NPPL teams and local ama. teams. ive never played NPPL tournys just local ama. tournys, but i have practiced against lockout, freak factory, co factory, and g-force and there there is not much skill difference, the only difference was practice and money. if your team has been together long enough that you know what each other can do than the only thing holding you back from playing NPPL is money.
Los Angeles Infamous #3
Infamous Facebook Twitter
Old 07-26-2001, 11:22 PM #3
cyabye

hey drewbie

how far are you guys willing to travel to practice?
im on a team and we are looking for good teams to practice and we are willing to travel as long as it goes both ways we are near St. louis
Old 07-27-2001, 07:58 AM #4
Drewbie613
Rocksteady

Annual Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is a Supporting Member
Drewbie613 is playing at Living Legends VII
Drewbie613 plays in the APPA Pro division
Drewbie613 supports Empire
Drewbie613 is All In
not sure we would be willing to go the distance if we met at a nice field, my home field is one of the nicest in US and a lot of pro and top ama. teams practice there. st louis to columbus is nt that bad of a drive ive done it a couple of times
Los Angeles Infamous #3
Infamous Facebook Twitter
Old 07-27-2001, 08:09 AM #5
WascheLappe

depends on whether you plan on playing 5 or 10 man nppl.......10 man ball is a whole different animal than five man(which is the format for most large local tournies).

WL
Old 07-27-2001, 10:05 PM #6
Team Chaos
Datus Tomasovich

Team Chaos is a founding member
Time, Money, and experience

FIrst you need the money to play NPPL
second you need to have a team with skilled playerz. THan you have to grind it out. PRactice alot and get very comfortable withyour team and your communication has to be good. REally it's just experience the basic skills, and to gel withyour team and teh communication.

13 years of bloody knuckles (and yes I've used that phrase for over a decade)
Old 08-26-2001, 07:34 PM #7
SenorFartman

Make sure your front guys are very comfortable and friendly with your back guys. There must be some sort of gelling because back guys 9 times out of 10 can't make it to the front and 9 times out of 10 the front guy won't make it without his eagle covering his ***. As far as skills, just practice your butt off and find all the 'better' teams at your field and play them. Most teams are more than happy to kick another teams butt on the field and they can tell you what you need to improve on and whatnot.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:07 PM #8
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Are you trying to tell me something, Davey???

I swear to god, I'm going to joystick your @ss into a rail of paint one of these days like I did Jeff not so long ago!

"back guys, 9 times out of 10, can't make it to the front" ... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Dude, you just got yourself eagle duty for the first few scrimmages Sunday!

On a serious note (not that Fartman playing eagle for the early part of the day was anything but serious ... hey, I MISS being up front, dammit. This eagle crap was supposed to be temporary) but on said serious note, SenorFartman hit it on the head. It's a matter of the team really gelling as a unit: most important is communication and trust. Talent is important, sure ... but at a certain level it becomes a relatively level playing field. If you go watch pro teams and just focus on one player at a time, you'll find that they're not light years beyond your garden variety hyperball player. But they know how to read the field, they shoot their lanes, they COMMUNICATE and they listen/react.

We're fortunate ... we have a number of high caliber, experienced teams at our field (Pro and Amateur), and like Fartman said, they're always ready and willing to break out a can of whoopass on us newer teams. Here lately, though, that's been taking a turn for the better as our team has begun that gelling process. (you & Jeff missed some schweeeeeeeet scrimmages this weekend, Davey! No pick-ups, all full teams, and us dudes dominated all 8 scrimmages!)

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)