PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2007, 05:04 PM #841
Captian Crunch
Seymore Butts

can u tape the foam?
or will that ruin the foam when you take it off?
Captian Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 PM #842
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

You can, it won't ruin the foam unless you use duck tape or something XD Haha, I taped my mask prior to painting it and it came out pretty good but I forgot how I did it >.< When I figure it out I'll post the guide up for ya fella's =D
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM #843
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

has been a member for 10 years
I have a question thats a bit hard to explain. Say you are painting the bottoms of a flex. You are only painting them partially. So part of the bottoms are taped up. If you spray on to the tape, once you peel the tape off will it take the plasti dip layer with it? And then you'll have a loose hanging flab of plasti dip? Does that make sense?

Oh and a second question, anyone ever get a dark green plasti dip color? I found it but it's only sold in gallon drums. 50 bucks

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest

Last edited by Nyx3d : 12-26-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:55 PM #844
martinl1030

martinl1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
plasti dip shouldnt peel unless you didnt prep the application surface before you dipped it. try on a part you dont need like a spare visor and see if it peels.
martinl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:56 PM #845
sk33tmonk3y (Banned)
Always gets his target.

is it possible to paint a cylus? what paint would you use? the same spray paint as listed on the first post? i want them to match my avatars.
sk33tmonk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:31 PM #846
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx3d View Post
I have a question thats a bit hard to explain. Say you are painting the bottoms of a flex. You are only painting them partially. So part of the bottoms are taped up. If you spray on to the tape, once you peel the tape off will it take the plasti dip layer with it? And then you'll have a loose hanging flab of plasti dip? Does that make sense?

Oh and a second question, anyone ever get a dark green plasti dip color? I found it but it's only sold in gallon drums. 50 bucks
Well if you want you can cut it with an xacto blade, for me I just ripped the tape off w/o thinking lol, but I can't garuantee the same results for everyone. I think plastidip only comes in primary colors >.< Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tmonk3y View Post
is it possible to paint a cylus? what paint would you use? the same spray paint as listed on the first post? i want them to match my avatars.
1. Yes
2. Plastidip
3. No Use Plastidip
4. What the hale did/does that last statement mean? lol
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM #847
sk33tmonk3y (Banned)
Always gets his target.

Quote:
4. What the hale did/does that last statement mean? lol
I have Black/ Red Vents Avatars, and i want to paint match my cylus's to my avatars.
Where can i get it from? Ive heard of a spray and a brush one, which is better?

Last edited by sk33tmonk3y : 12-26-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 PM #848
martinl1030

martinl1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
try lowes or any hardware store. id go w/ the spray since its easier to work w/ and youll get more consistent coverage.
martinl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:25 PM #849
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
I have Black/ Red Vents Avatars, and i want to paint match my cylus's to my avatars.
Where can i get it from? Ive heard of a spray and a brush one, which is better?
So you want you'r cyclus mask color scheme'd to you'r avatar's scheme correct? Plastidip should work fine, in a spray can that it
Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 PM #850
sk33tmonk3y (Banned)
Always gets his target.

Quote:
try lowes or any hardware store. id go w/ the spray since its easier to work w/ and youll get more consistent coverage.
Thats what I was hoping for! And i thought that the spray would be alot easier too.

Quote:
So you want you'r cyclus mask color scheme'd to you'r avatar's scheme correct? Plastidip should work fine, in a spray can that it
Exactly!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:51 AM #851
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Thats what I was hoping for! And i thought that the spray would be alot easier too.

Exactly!
That's a simple job of some masking
Old 12-31-2007, 12:27 PM #852
F.E.Pballer2772
I AM NOT AimLow

would you use this paint for grillz or plastidip, cause the guy at my store said to dye my grillz
KEE Action
LVP South
Biggest gearbag sale on the nation! Need Cash.
F.E.Pballer2772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:00 PM #853
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.E.Pballer2772 View Post
would you use this paint for grillz or plastidip, cause the guy at my store said to dye my grillz
You can try to dye it, but most likely it won't give you a rich color coat
Old 01-02-2008, 03:31 AM #854
henryxpark
&amp;quot;nfg dude&amp;quot;

dont dye it, plasti dip it

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM #855
Cocker-Scrat
PBBCP - Design

Cocker-Scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:33 PM #856
henryxpark
&amp;quot;nfg dude&amp;quot;

oh piss, thats sick as hell

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:17 PM #857
claustrophobia
I do it for the lulz

I'll claim the idea of plastidipping proflex bottoms:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1665456

It's very difficult to peel back, directions in thread should be enough for anyone who isn't dense.
claustrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM #858
DaEagleEye8
Uconn Husky

DaEagleEye8 helped look for balloons
DaEagleEye8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DaEagleEye8 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia View Post
I'll claim the idea of plastidipping proflex bottoms:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1665456

It's very difficult to peel back, directions in thread should be enough for anyone who isn't dense.
I have an old pair of invisions and wanted to just plastidip the vents and the lens frame. I'm just wondering if it'd be too much of hassle to put lenses in (would the holes get much smaller due to the layer of plastidip thus making it harder to replace lenses?) They are a pita to put in as is LOL. Thanks for the help.
DaEagleEye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM #859
claustrophobia
I do it for the lulz

i really doubt you want to paint just the vents, because the amount of precision cutting you'd have to do to make it look good would be a ton. you also want to strip the mask completely before you do it, if a part is size sensitive, fill the hole with tape and cut it out later.
claustrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:09 PM #860
DaEagleEye8
Uconn Husky

DaEagleEye8 helped look for balloons
DaEagleEye8 is an NCPA player
thanks. I'll probably just do the whole bottom then.
DaEagleEye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 PM #861
WIpbr
Buddy

would you do the same thing to paint the "frames" of the gills??