PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM #820
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticKK View Post
after putting a few coats on, is it bubbled out a bit? and anyone know if it will peel off easy if i screw it up?
Personally I haven't tried peeling plastidip off, but probably like any other paint you might be able to. So it's a 50-50 chance of messin it up or makin' it good, sry if that's a low probability But yea if you don't want to paint ur mask and risk messing it up, then you guys should wait for Jt's new line of LE proflex parts this comming month Or better yet, have your parents buy you a part or two for christmas
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM #821
**DeStrO**

thanks for the comments.. i actually used krylon fusion
Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 PM #822
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **DeStrO** View Post
thanks for the comments.. i actually used krylon fusion
Oh really? That's pretty impressive my friend, I myself have had no luck with krylon fusion It always gave my mask(s) a cheap look, and a cheap color appearance (depending on the amount of coats used), and it always found a way to crack on me Haha
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM #823
**DeStrO**

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs-killer View Post
Oh really? That's pretty impressive my friend, I myself have had no luck with krylon fusion It always gave my mask(s) a cheap look, and a cheap color appearance (depending on the amount of coats used), and it always found a way to crack on me Haha
hahaha... it did chip a little after i put it on... i got the satin finish though.. il et this thing sit for two nights before i touched it...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM #824
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **DeStrO** View Post
hahaha... it did chip a little after i put it on... i got the satin finish though.. il et this thing sit for two nights before i touched it...
Ouch that sucks, no matter how good u paint the damn thing it will chip cuz krylon fusion was only meant for the hard plastics that aren't moved/flexed often So it's definately not used for paintball applications Hopefully there are some other paint alternatives I can find tho
Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 AM #825
spleenmuncher
Aidan Murphy

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
has anyone painted a grillz? cause i want to paint mine black, its white right now....would krylon fusion be best cause it flexs kind of lol...you have to have felt a grillz before to know what im talking about
Old 12-06-2007, 01:06 AM #826
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleenmuncher View Post
has anyone painted a grillz? cause i want to paint mine black, its white right now....would krylon fusion be best cause it flexs kind of lol...you have to have felt a grillz before to know what im talking about
Plastidip FTW bro Works best for both flexible and non-flexable plastics and or rubber as well
Old 12-08-2007, 12:42 PM #827
tigris4149
Bmx Rider

tigris4149 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tigris4149 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleenmuncher View Post
go get some rit dye and dye em the color you want

PSN Username Tigris4149
tigris4149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:51 PM #828
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

Quote:
Plastidip FTW bro Works best for both flexible and non-flexable plastics and or rubber as well

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:35 PM #829
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryxpark View Post
U got a problem? Haha
Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 AM #830
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

maybe.. lets take it to the field haha <3 you tgs-killer

Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 PM #831
poopman9201
Vicious

poopman9201 helped look for balloons
poopman9201 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
What is Plasidip

ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\
poopman9201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM #832
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopman9201 View Post
What is Plasidip
Normal people would be flaming the hell out of you It's a type of paint brand that has been specially designed to adhere to plastic type surfaces and literally is able to bend with that surface, it is available in two types; the spray can and the dip-able version I hope this has cleared any confusion for ya bro
Old 12-11-2007, 05:38 PM #833
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryxpark View Post
maybe.. lets take it to the field haha <3 you tgs-killer
Hecks yea, shoot Ewww man frickin nasty balla' up in here, haha ^^ Good stuff
Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM #834
henryxpark
&amp;quot;nfg dude&amp;quot;

<3 for the plasti dip, i suggest the spray kind for masks...

Old 12-18-2007, 10:59 AM #835
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
knuckhead09 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years

It's for sale too, PM if interested
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM #836
RicWhic414
boats and hoes

Quote:
Normal people would be flaming the hell out of you It's a type of paint brand that has been specially designed to adhere to plastic type surfaces and literally is able to bend with that surface, it is available in two types; the spray can and the dip-able version I hope this has cleared any confusion for ya bro
Not completely true, Plasti-Dip is a Plastic in liquid form when it dries or cures the molecules bind together to form a thin sheet of plastic. The reason it stays on the mask is because when it cures it also shrinks. Also you should be able to peel Plasti-Dip pretty easy I messed up once so I peeled everything off and started over. Plasti-Dip is a lot like a product I use at my job called PVA (poly vinyl alcohol). Plasti-Dip does not give you a great up close finish like a paint would do but for a Flex it is the best product out there.

edit* If you can't get plasti-dip try nail polish remover or acetone.... But be very careful, I take no responsibility for what happens to you or your mask when you use those products.

When spraying plasti-dip do very thin coats especially at the beginning the more it puddles up the worse it will look in the end... And like any painting take your time the slower you go and the longer you wait in between coats well help you out drastically

super ninja edit* I am not liable for any results
Flickr
fishballer06 - riding the crimson tide while wearing an ultrathin coat

Last edited by RicWhic414 : 12-18-2007 at 07:56 PM.
RicWhic414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM #837
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicWhic414 View Post
Not completely true, Plasti-Dip is a Plastic in liquid form when it dries or cures the molecules bind together to form a thin sheet of plastic. The reason it stays on the mask is because when it cures it also shrinks. Also you should be able to peel Plasti-Dip pretty easy I messed up once so I peeled everything off and started over. Plasti-Dip is a lot like a product I use at my job called PVA (poly vinyl alcohol). Plasti-Dip does not give you a great up close finish like a paint would do but for a Flex it is the best product out there.

edit* If you can't get plasti-dip try nail polish remover or acetone.... But be very careful, I take no responsibility for what happens to you or your mask when you use those products.

When spraying plasti-dip do very thin coats especially at the beginning the more it puddles up the worse it will look in the end... And like any painting take your time the slower you go and the longer you wait in between coats well help you out drastically
Couldn't have said so better myself
Old 12-18-2007, 07:17 PM #838
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

you might wana put in...
something about your not liable for the end results
and painted parts value normally less because they have been painted

otherwise great job
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:56 PM #839
RicWhic414
boats and hoes

thanks chillinspyder
Flickr
fishballer06 - riding the crimson tide while wearing an ultrathin coat
RicWhic414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM #840
Lemrechaun

I painted the softears and the rubber part of the flexbottom with latex paint, came out good, i can still fold up the bottom when im playing and it dont crack. I didnt even tape off the top part, I just peeled off the paint on the plastic

[ 7DL | Understood | Planet Eclipse | Hard Corps | Arena ]
Lemrechaun is offline   Reply With Quote