Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-16-2005, 02:21 PM #1
anomoly40

anomoly40 plays in the PSP
anomoly40 posts videos on PbNation
anomoly40 plays in the APPA D5 division
Cleaning up indoor paint?

How are some of the methods you that have indoor fields clean up the paint?
I dont own or operate a field but I know someone who does. Thanks for your time.

This post is for entertainment purposes only.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2005, 03:07 PM #2
xXinpayneXx
MW

zamboni(sp)
Old 08-16-2005, 03:41 PM #3
TimmayB
Free Agent

has been a member for 10 years
The indoor field that I go to (Fun Gunz) in Cincy, OH just uses rakes to try and rake up the paintballs into a pile and then just shovel them into a wheel barrel.

The ultimate whould be a greedyguts!

My Feedback
Old 08-16-2005, 05:50 PM #4
Utpbmom

Utpbmom is an Premier field/store owner
We use electric leaf blowers to blow all of the balls and shells to the corners, then use shovels to get the biggest part, then shopvacs to get the rest. We invested several thousand dollars in a ride on carpet cleaner (my fields are low pile industrial carpet) that we use on a regular basis (the bad spots get cleaned twice a week, everything else no less than every 2-3 weeks) It has a wand extractor on it, so we powerwash our bunkers in place and then use the extractor to clean up the excess water. Works great for us.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:07 AM #5
anomoly40

anomoly40 plays in the PSP
anomoly40 posts videos on PbNation
anomoly40 plays in the APPA D5 division
Yeah the field I go to uses squegees on the plexiglass viewing area and a large broom but most of the paint in corners and stuff just sits there in like a big puddle of pudding. They use low cut carpet too. I give them a few suggestions. Keep em coming.

This post is for entertainment purposes only.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:04 PM #6
NVP Travis
Tippmann Effect

we push all the paint off every game along the back line with PVC and Steel pushers....like a big T and at the end of the night the whole field is pushed and then vaccumed with normal house vac's...takes about 45 min for 2 people to do 14,000 sq ft...and for the the bunkers ya just use cloths and buckets during play and wash the hits off the whole night...then at the end of the night wipe the whole bunker down. the walls are netted off.
www.tippmann.com

TIPPMANN EFFECT // Rhythm
Old 08-19-2005, 05:08 PM #7
NVP Travis
Tippmann Effect

we push all the paint off every game along the back line with PVC and Steel pushers....like a big T and at the end of the night the whole field is pushed and then vaccumed with normal house vac's...takes about 45 min for 2 people to do 14,000 sq ft...and for the the bunkers ya just use cloths and buckets during play and wash the hits off the whole night...then at the end of the night wipe the whole bunker down. the walls are netted off.
www.tippmann.com

TIPPMANN EFFECT // Rhythm
Old 08-19-2005, 10:02 PM #8
Havocide3
Dodgy Pikachu FTW

Havocide3 is a Supporting Member
Havocide3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Havocide3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
get snow shovels, two of them, or get one of those wide ones, and just walk around in rows, and after that's all done, you can leave the bunkers in the same place, and pressure wash them.

Old feedback
Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 PM #9
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is a Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx
zamboni(sp)
your kidding.....right?!?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 PM #10
mxmaniac2000
portable bunker?!?!?!

We have these really big backpack blowers. It cost like $500, but the winds it produce are 300 mph at the nozel. Then once its in the corners just scoop it up and put it in the trash can. We also have carpet on the field. We had a carpet zombonini for a while, but if you get one you have to get every little speck of shell off the floor. We weren't getting all the shell up, and it cost us $5000 to fix the zambonini cause we didn't get all the shell up.
**Nexus Team Mum Fan Club** #1
05 blue/black fade freestyle pro, black glad reg, jds std lpr, powerlyte scepter kit 5 piece, Predator board 5.0
05 blue dust Angel A4 fly, Full freak kit w/ one of a kind custom ported dye boomstick tip, Armageddon air system, ccm low rise feedneck, Check it products full dragon barrel kit, Evolve 2.0 kit
Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 PM #11
blindeseher
It's Only Castles Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utpbmom
We use electric leaf blowers to blow all of the balls and shells to the corners, then use shovels to get the biggest part, then shopvacs to get the rest. We invested several thousand dollars in a ride on carpet cleaner (my fields are low pile industrial carpet) that we use on a regular basis (the bad spots get cleaned twice a week, everything else no less than every 2-3 weeks) It has a wand extractor on it, so we powerwash our bunkers in place and then use the extractor to clean up the excess water. Works great for us.
When I read that you had carpet down, I was at first a bit wary. I've seen indoor fields that didn't care for their carpets turn into cesspools quite quickly. Paintball gelatin has a habit of acting like a petri dish if left to sit.

However, when I read about a ride-on carpet cleaner, I was impressed. Almost makes clean-up sound like a good time. It sounds like you've got a great system. Rock on.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 AM #12
madrox

madrox is a Supporting Member
im a ref at Swat Indoor in oklahoma and we do the snow shovel thing all across the whole freakin field, then wash the bunkers. I know there has to be a better cost efficent(sp) way of doing things i just wish i knew what it was.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:18 AM #13
waylander382 (Banned)

correct me if i'm wrong but isin't a zamboni for ice? I work at an ice rink and we use a zamboni.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:19 PM #14
Ezeehc
Adult Movies

Ezeehc is a Supporting Member
what i used to do whe i worked at my opld feild, we has pvc brooms sortof (the bottom that scooped was one long thisk pbc pipe cut in have with a 45 or 90* fitting cut in half with a long peice of pvc. We scooped into the corners and cleaned the corners with a shovel. Once a week we'd steam clean the whole feild (took a who;le day atleast) We'd pwerwash the bunkers outside afer every day. Needless to say wasnt a fun job, but it was the cleanest feild in jersey
Assassin Paintball
Gruntbull Annodizing
Rob's Garage
"Originally posted by bluedevils0017:
you say passed out, i say just right"
Old 08-28-2005, 09:43 PM #15
cliffbong732 (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezeehc
what i used to do whe i worked at my opld feild, we has pvc brooms sortof (the bottom that scooped was one long thisk pbc pipe cut in have with a 45 or 90* fitting cut in half with a long peice of pvc. We scooped into the corners and cleaned the corners with a shovel. Once a week we'd steam clean the whole feild (took a who;le day atleast) We'd pwerwash the bunkers outside afer every day. Needless to say wasnt a fun job, but it was the cleanest feild in jersey

yea i was a ref there(PBX), i didnt think it was that bad of a job, but those pvc push brooms worked great (good enough to reuse the paint, well at least i did),
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 PM #16
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
my local field uses an eletric leaf blower to get some of the pait out to the big garage door. then they use huge squeegie type things. they're about 3 foot wide or so, and they use that to get in the snake and what not to clear the paint. The for along the walls they have a shop vac. And 1 of those sweeper things for reballs they use those some times too. Then to clean the broken paint they power wash the astro terf once a month or so.

It's a indoor field, that is inside a warehouse and has a door and when large no.s of people show up when they clean the field in a hurry they just push the paintballs to the door and push them out, then they start play again, and then go out side and use brooms and shovels to put the paint in the trash.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic