Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-26-2001, 01:09 PM #1
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

has been a member for 10 years
M98 plans

ok.....

Heres what I'm going to put on my M98 in the next month, starting saturday, and ending August 31.

Warp Feed----buying Saturday, found an awesome price

Smart Parts Freak barrel kit

Rocket Cock

DYE Stickies

Double Trigger

Nitrogen system....... and a reg of course

Anno job from somewhere or other

what do you all think?
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2001, 03:46 PM #2
extreme_ed
The Painting Canuk!

that sounds good , what about a electro kit?
Old 07-26-2001, 05:26 PM #3
bigd16
fall in poop

just a question.....are you going to be shooting around 18 bps?? What do you need the warp for? You sould get the electro kit if your getting the warp, or else there's no real reason you need it. A 12volt rev. will do you just as good for alot less.

Peace Out
Vertical Adapter, Vigilante Regulator, Low Pressure Chamber,
Polished Stock Barrel, 12 Volt Revoloution, 68ci 3000psi Nitro Duck, 20oz. co2
Old 07-26-2001, 06:18 PM #4
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

A Warp Feed makes you more compact, and being compact is a problem if ur using a Model 98!

Actually, I'm getting the warp because I do intend to get the Electro kit some time next summer. I'm getting an Impulse next spring, and wanna have some cool stuff, like a Warp feed, and Freak, to put on it. but yes, I will probably have the Electro kit on my 98, so the the warp will be justified by something other than the size reduction, and intimidation factor
Old 07-26-2001, 06:21 PM #5
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
I think that for that much, you should get a better gun. Seriously. The 98 Custom is definitely good, but it's not GREAT. You should look into some Cockers.

You can get a new 2k1 cocker for $325 from www.paintballgeeks.com

If you want to get a really superb gun, you could get a Black Magic or STO cocker. Or, for all the money you're spending on the Tippman, you could get an electro, like an Impulse, or something like that.

If you have all of that money, you might as well put it into a gun that outperforms the M98.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 07-26-2001, 06:24 PM #6
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Yeah, you do have a point. After the last hour of really thinking, the only real reason I wanted the Warp Right now was to impress my friends.
Darn you people that made me think!
Old 07-26-2001, 11:17 PM #7
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Don't get a Warp..... get a Ricochet!

Not only do you get a great feed rate (I have YET to outshoot it, and I DO have the electro kit), but it has a deflection technology. Meaning that some of those shots will just bounce off of your hopper.

Plus you get a timer, counter, and a tazer built in.

And you don't need to upgrade like that, either. Another gun, I mean. Here, look at my gun...
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=13545162&f=0

My gun is better than some BM2K's, Tribals, Cockers, Impulses.... Pretty much I've made my gun such a well tuned machine, that I've yet found a reason to sell it and go w/ an angel.

However, I'll keep it when I get my epic. Have an electro, and a mechanical. I have good feelings about the Epic.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-27-2001, 12:43 AM #8
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
im tending to agree here.. i wouldnt be sinking that kind of money into a m98.. also dont get her anod.. you can anodize them but if its not black or a really dark color it just wont look good and even then they are not the greatest finishes. go with a powder coat.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 07-27-2001, 09:07 AM #9
Meph

Dager...

Why not? It may be a 98, but when done right, it's as good as an e-mag!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 07-27-2001, 11:58 AM #10
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

I say go RT instead of the warp feed and u'll still have money to waste on other crap like a decent reg...

are you gettin the LP kit? cause if you do then the rocket cock wont be necessary since the LP kit converts the 98 to a rear-cocker...

also, FYI, tippmann is comin out with a beavertail for the 98 (for all you LP kit-runnin 98ers out there...) any week now...

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 07-27-2001, 12:07 PM #11
in trauma
BEEP...BEEP... CLEAR!...

i am getting a warp too
i have done some trigger obs and i can fire as fast as an RT

also people dont buy a warp because of feeidng speed hoppers cant feed as fast as the warp can

i am getitng it to eliminate hopper hits and stuff like that

"Money cant buy skill!"

quote by: Albert Einstein
"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity but, im not quite sure about the universe"
Old 07-28-2001, 01:22 AM #12
dager
Mega Moderator

although great guns it design limits overall performance.. mostly the issues are with the body.. its not practical for speeball due to is size (unless your a back player) the clamshell design dose not allow for tight tolerances, and the power tube isnt the most efficent way of transfering the air. mostly there is the issue of resale.. most dont think of this when purchasing or upgrading a gun.. the market is really down for guns.. the only ones that are remotly holding value are angels and high end cockers. the rest have really gone into a slump. for the kind of money he was looking to put into the m98 he would get back about 1/4 maybe half.

-duff

Quote:
Originally posted by Meph
Dager...

Why not? It may be a 98, but when done right, it's as good as an e-mag!

Team ESP
Old 07-28-2001, 11:04 AM #13
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Who said I would ever sell it until it was an antique and I could find some loon who wanted an antique paintball gun?

I changed my mind about the Warp for now, and thanks for telling me that about the LP kit rear cocking thing....

I've started to rethink this with a more economical mind set. and Dager, the 98 is just fine for speedball, and position you want if you set it up right.

I'm waiting to buy the Warp, and getting some of the smaller stuff now.

I'm probably going to get the E-bolt...... the RT won't be tourney legal in a while, because of the hold down the trigger and it keeps cycling thing......
and I don't want a reactive trigger, I want an Electric one. I'm going to set it up as my back up for tourneys... Myself and some friends are going to play a few next summer. So, thanks for all of your strange, misguided input,

And low end guns will regain some of their resale value after Bush leaves office and the next president fixes the economy a little bit.
Old 07-28-2001, 05:53 PM #14
dager
Mega Moderator

never said you were going to sell it but the majority of people will attepmt to sell their guns to either upgrade or to get out of the sport. good thinking with the RT.. not sure if they will ban guns with them installed though.. just make them shut off the RT system.

even set up right its still not very compact.. it comes down to preference.. there is no way i could play with a M98 in speedball due to its size and configuration.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 07-28-2001, 09:29 PM #15
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

isn't the RT adjustable by hand???
because if it is, then they'll have to make some kind of cap for it if they allow it in tourneys, so you won't be able to adjust it on the field.

Yeah, using a 98 can be hard in Speedball, but I've adjusted to it, and I've got a good drop forward.
Old 07-28-2001, 10:17 PM #16
paintballdude_13
g33k

yeah a 98 can be used for speedball if you play in the middle of the field or farther back. i basicly only play speedball anymore. if you have a short barrel like a 10" or 12" and a drop forward you should be set.
Old 07-29-2001, 06:56 PM #17
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
the RT won't be tourney legal in a while, because of the hold down the trigger and it keeps cycling thing......
I've heard this so many times since the Automag RT hit the field. Nothing has ever been done to ban the gun or even limit it's usage. I'm sure that Tippmann would come out with something to tourny lock the adjuster (like no adjusting valve on the outside) to keep it legal. Because as soon as the 98RT gets banned, so will the Automag RT and maybe even the E-Mag in some cases.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 07-29-2001, 08:54 PM #18
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
I agree with Dager. A tricked 98 will never be as good as a tricked cocker, or mag. You can pump up the ROF, and you can make it shorter, but if you want a really short gun, you'll never be able to have it with a 98. If you don't need a short gun, then fine.

The main problem I have with it is accuracy. The 98 is a great gun, but it's not as accurate, nor will it ever be as accurate, as a Mag or Cocker. It's just not designed as well.

Personally, I wouldn't sink a fortune into tricking a 98 when I could get a great Cocker or Emag. I own both a MiniMag and a 98, and I know which is better. Much better.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 07-29-2001, 10:15 PM #19
Meph

Ummmm... if you like, I can give you a list of atleast 20 people I know that will sign a paper and mail it to you stating how quiet my gun is, how accurate it is, how consistent..... etc.

I'm not just saying that 98 can be good... I KNOW that a 98 can be as good as those "higher level" guns. I own proof.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 07-29-2001, 11:29 PM #20
PayntbalMan98
i dont know what to say..

hey

Meph-just curious, how much cash have you put into your gun?
personally i wouldnt put that much money into my M98 simply because im tired of the gun, it served its purpose well, a reliable, walk on entry level gun, but the design and general aesthetics(sp?) of the gun have much to be asked for...

anyway not try to harp on you meph, you have a very cool m98, but its not for everybody

so its kind of like tricking out a honda civic, you can put intake, headers, cam, turbo it, give it a 150 shot of NOS and fine tune the engine as much as you want but at what cost? and then put a couple of bolt on mods to a camaro SS and still run the same ET as the civic but doing it more effectively and then it still leaves you room to trick out the camaro...

"your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on..."
-Dean Martin
Old 07-30-2001, 09:30 AM #21
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Thank u Meph.....

FSU.... no matter how many times people say how stupid it is some people will still believe that an Autococker is more accurate than any other gun. and that's just plain not true
The 98 was designed perfectly. the cast aluminum clamshell is very inexpensive to produce, so you get a cheap gun, which easily outperforms other guns in it's price range. and can compete with higher level guns.

You people are brainwashed that because of the high $$$, an Autococker or Mag, or Angel, or whatever, is always going to be better than the $125 Tippmann Model 98. And it's just not true! look at Meph's gun.... I'd take that over an Angel any day, because I know how to use a Model 98. I know how to hold one, and aim one, to get the best performance I can get out of it. Just yesterday, I was making single shot eliminations through little holes in brush, and between trees, at almost 75 feet away. Given my paint had somehow swelled in the heat to give me an almost perfect match with my Barrel..... I don't need a tricked Cocker with a Freak Barrel to do that, I did it, with a gun that cost less that even the barrel on that Tricked Cocker.....