Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-19-2002, 03:51 AM #1
Jack & Coke
LvL 10 Inside

has been a member for 10 years
DROP TEST: Halo B vs X-Board Revy

Ok, I'm just droolin' over my brand new Clear Body Halo B... This thing rocks!

Here are the test results of Halo B vs X-Board Revy w/vortex paddles...

Number of Test Balls = 150

=============================

Test 1: X-Revy = 10 seconds = 15 bps
Test 2: X-Revy = 12 seconds = 13 bps
Test 3: X-Revy = 10 seconds = 15 bps
Test 4: X-Revy = 11 seconds = 14 bps
Test 5: X-Revy = 11 seconds = 14 bps

Average = 14 bps

=============================

Test 1: Halo B = 7 seconds = 21 bps
Test 2: Halo B = 6 seconds = 25 bps
Test 3: Halo B = 6 seconds = 25 bps
Test 4: Halo B = 7 seconds = 21 bps
Test 5: Halo B = 6 seconds = 25 bps

Average = 24 bps

"Halo B" Kicks Bootay... 'nuff said.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2002, 08:16 AM #2
mike da bushman
Suck My Bushy.

x-board

ok the xboard revvy cannot feed 15 bps, it's a gravity feed loader and the fastest a loader can feed that is gravity fed is 13 bps and this is already done with the turbo rev.........
Old 07-19-2002, 09:28 AM #3
thetex

Post Gravity Feed Loaders

Actually it is possible for a gravity feed loader to do this. The problem is certain people will get this result with a few balls fed and think that this is how fast the loader feeds, and the one time it doesn't is when they chop. Hmm, must be something else wrong.?? No, the loader is inconsistant at best when relied upon to feed more than 12 BPS at a sustained rate. The more any given user breeches this previous benchmark, the better their odds that they will suffer a misfeed.
At CMS when the Rev was developed, we saw speeds as high as 16 BPS and as low as 7 BPS. Consistantly the loader will provide 11 - 12 at any given time. You are treading dangerous water much past this. Some of the limiting factors in the real world include feed neck types, ball stack heights, mechanical distortion of the ball stack and blow back. Now there is another problem that exsist. RP paint is gritty and constantly wants to stick to itself. This makes an aggitating loader work well below its true potential. Hell, even our loader sees diminished performance with it. Fortunately, we feed fast enough that the user never sees it. This stuff definitly not a perfect art.
If I was measuring my loader the same way some people measure theirs, then mine actually feeds 50+ BPS because I've seen it do it with test equipment. Hey Jack, put your finger against the ball stream on the HALO and apply a little pressure as though to cause tension through the stream. This will allow the spring to wind up and feed properly. Say good bye to high rises!
You guys have fun.
TEX
Old 07-19-2002, 12:06 PM #4
Jack & Coke
LvL 10 Inside

I realize that drop test conditions do not simulate actual gun feeding conditions (i.e. resistance, blow back, etc.).

What I wanted to do is compare the two loaders side by side under the same conditions.

I loaded up the hoppers with 150 balls, started my timer and let them rip.

You can draw your own conclusions...
Old 07-19-2002, 09:48 PM #5
thetex

Post Right on!!!

Someone that makes since.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:43 AM #6
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Chris TeamJoker owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
What I wanted to do is compare the two loaders side by side under the same conditions.

I loaded up the hoppers with 150 balls, started my timer and let them rip.

You can draw your own conclusions...
Hey J&C.

I did the exact same thing in my test. My x-board revy had a few runs of 15bps, but most were slower. The overall average on mine was 13bps. Good job.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:55 PM #7
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
I know what you mean, same conditions, time them, same blah blah.

However, I'm telling you from reviewing experience. If you have a gun that can fire that fast, use it! It greatly helps true outcome readings.

Like I did with my Ricochet/Halo review. I did the R2K free fall, but then had to re-do it with on gun testing. It fed faster. However, I couldn't do on gun testing with the Halo, no gun I have can fire 18+bps. I mean if I can't fire that fast with a gun, I might as well just us a pump!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...highlight=halo

Nice job though. But I might suggest a stop watch next time (if there is a next). It's a more accurate reading,and can eliminate the possible addition of maybe 1bps extra.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-23-2002, 11:09 PM #8
Jack & Coke
LvL 10 Inside

Meph,

"...But I might suggest a stop watch next time (if there is a next). It's a more accurate reading,and can eliminate the possible addition of maybe 1bps extra..."

Dude, you want more precision? ...tell me when to push the stop button.

At the end of the tests there are always at least 2-4 balls which bounces around a bit before going down the feed tube. How do you know when is the right time to push the stop button? Is this a true indicator of how fast the loader can dump balls out?

How much more "accurate" do you want me to be?

This drop test was only used to gain a general idea of how the two hoppers compared. The Halo is obviously much faster than the X-revy.

Rounding up to the nearest whole second is good enough. Given the simple test conditions, significant figures is not something I would imagine to be important.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:01 AM #9
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Yeah, I'm just a perfectionist.

But if you really want to know, you push stop when that paintball leaves the neck. I dunno, call it... a hunch!

Damn, I gotta stop watching Young Frankenstein.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-27-2002, 08:30 PM #10
ApplCobbler
Banned

Re: x-board

Quote:
Originally posted by mike da bushman
ok the xboard revvy cannot feed 15 bps, it's a gravity feed loader and the fastest a loader can feed that is gravity fed is 13 bps
no, they say that 12-13 is the fastest they can go in terms of the balls time of dropping into the breech being fired and another dropping. But when there is no blowback or resistance of any, then they can fall faster then 12-13.