Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2005, 07:37 PM #1
ruru1000
Freaks Of Nature

ruru1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
7 man

is there going to be a 7 man for even #4?
Procaps
DraXxus
R7
J&J Performance
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 AM #2
heavy68

heavy68 is a founding member
heavy68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Can this be answered by the promoters please?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:00 AM #3
Shawn Walker

There will not be 7-player for Event #4.

We had 12 teams had the first event, 8 at the second and not enough to hold the event for the 3rd.

We are re-tooling the 7-player competition to better serve the 7-player comunity including working on player classifications, paint rules, prizes, formats etc.

We are not abandaning the 7-player, but it needs to make sense for us as promoters and for you as players.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:56 PM #4
ruru1000
Freaks Of Nature

well if you would let teams sign up for 7.. even without paying up front, you can see how many would do event #4... event #3 not many 7 man teams came because of the IAO so close... not im sure if you give teams the chance.... then they will sign up!
Procaps
DraXxus
R7
J&J Performance
Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM #5
Shawn Walker

We want 7-player to return. I think the 7-player format and the NPPL is the the future of the sport.

Yet on that same note the GPL has had a hard time drawing teams in the 7-player class, including having to cancel the last 7-player event.

Again, we are re-tooling the format to fit everyone better. It doesn't make sense to play in an event with 6 teams. We need to come up with a way to attract many teams and provide the best event possible.

I understand that those teams that were planning on attending the 7-player event are going to be most upset, and you are being punished for something that is not your fault. For that, I appologize.

Thank you for supporting us and I'm sure you'll be excited about the new 7-player format in the future.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:02 PM #6
freddyb

freddyb plays in the PSP
freddyb plays in the APPA D3 division
That Sucks

We won Free entry in the 2 event 7 man worth 350.00 what is that good for now.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:07 AM #7
Shawn Walker

All Free Entries won at GPL events are good for any class.

Your free entry can be used for a 5-man or 3-man entry if you want.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:25 PM #8
freddyb

freddyb plays in the PSP
thats great

So i play an event that cost me 350.00 and win a free entry credit for a 3 or 5 man 125.00 for 3 man and 185.00 for 5 man. Even if there was free entry for both i still loose 40.00 bucks.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:21 PM #9
snoop13

snoop13 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyb
So i play an event that cost me 350.00 and win a free entry credit for a 3 or 5 man 125.00 for 3 man and 185.00 for 5 man. Even if there was free entry for both i still loose 40.00 bucks.
yea im goin to have to agree with freddy...that seems pretty stupid...i dont even know him and i think you should at least have the decency to give him the cash...not only can he not play the 7 man event that his team wants to play but he doesnt get the full extent of his prize
DC NASTY
Pants Sale
Jersey Sale
Old 08-11-2005, 11:10 AM #10
Shawn Walker

We have two types of registration certificates.

One does not have a value listed on the certificate. It just states it is good for one admission for a 357Productions event. This works for any class and event. So if you win the cert in a 3-player event you may use it for 5-player if you wish and vise versa. If you won it during a 7-player you may use it for a 5 or 3-player.

The other type of cert has a dollar amount on the certificate. It would say good for $350 credit towards a 357Productions event. This type of cert is worth that dollar amount towards registration. If this is the type of cert you have then you could use it for up to $350 worth of registration discounts.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM #11
freddyb

freddyb plays in the PSP
Missing the point

My point is i played 7 man with seven guys. We split the prizes up like most teams do. We are a seven man team not a three or a five. When you win prizes like free entry playing a seven man you would think we would come back to play a seven man event. I feel that that this prize is crap with the investment of 1400.00 with entry and the paint we shot, to get a prize back of tops 185.00.(entry for 5 man)

How long are they vaild for?
Will you ever get enough teams to play seven again?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM #12
Shawn Walker

You are turning this into a bigger thing then it needs to be.

Now you’re arguing about the prizes you got for 4th place. 1st place got $3500 cash. 5th - last place got nothing. They all spent the same amount of money your team did. The prizes are posted ahead of time. We have not lied or mislead anyone in anyway. The 4th place prize was listed as a free entry. Your team received a free entry. The value of that entry varies pending on when you use it. You could use it this event for 5-player Div 1 and it would be worth $250 or you can use it for another class and it would be the value of that entry.

This is just like winning prizes your team wants to sell. The retail value is usually higher than the price you would get if you sold that item. For example if you win jerseys that retail for $50 and you ebay them for $25 than the value you sold the jerseys for is half what they are theoretically worth when you won the prizes.

As I have mentioned before. We want to have 7-player competitions. We want more teams to sign up. At this point we had to make a business decision and cancel 7-player for the lack of interest. When we re-tool it and try again we hope to attract more teams so everyone can benefit.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:28 PM #13
Soulfly

you may not be trying to mislead anyone, but when you give out free entry as a prize to a 7 man team, and the GPL website leads me to believe 7 man events are still taking place, then it looks like somebody got took.

in my opinion, you can tell this guy he just got the raw end of the luck - which is what youve been trying to tell him, but not actually admitting - or you can eat a few extra bucks to keep him and his team happy (possibly the difference between the 5 man entry and 7 man entry).

Now, maybe its none of my business, but id suggest making this team happy if you really want to help perpetuate the 7 man events, seeing as how you have a team here thats plenty willing to play, and their 1400 dollars is as good as anybodies else.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:28 AM #14
Shawn Walker

SoulFly- I understand you are trying to make a judgement based on the information provided in this thread, and I as mentioned before I am willing to honor the prize as it was given out.

For those of you that have a certificate won during the 7-player events this year please find the certificate and read it.

If it says the value is $350 on the cert or it says "free 7-player" entry then I will honor that value.

If it says free entry into a 357 Productions event with no value or description then they may use it for a 5-man or 3-man entry at the Aug 20-21 event or for another entry fee later this year.

Thats as fair as I can be. I am honoring the value of the prize as stated.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:03 PM #15
ruru1000
Freaks Of Nature

for the team that one.. just wait till they get the 7 man back up... beucase the prices might be more expensive since it might be BYOP (i dont know this for sure but im guessing).... so it will be worth mre if u wait till the gpl gets better and bigger!
Procaps
DraXxus
R7
J&J Performance
Old 08-17-2005, 01:34 PM #16
TheStampede

TheStampede is a Supporting Member
Theoretically, if there are no more 7 man events, will we (Bucktown) still recieve the overall prize, or some kind of overall prize? Will the 2nd and 3rd etc teams recieve something as well?