New pics of chromed Computergrips...

Some new cool pics of the Computergrips up at www.raceguns.dk
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2001, 12:59 AM #2
wildeman

wildeman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think I'm going to send them my ripper for conversion once they are available. I hope it's soon.
Old 08-05-2001, 01:46 AM #3
jawbreaker_pber

?

why send it in?its easy to install
Old 08-05-2001, 02:14 AM #4
wildeman

Well for one I was going to have them ano my cocker at the same time and two I've never installed one of these and would rather have it professionally installed. I would just feel better about it.

Have you tried installing one yet? If so, then can you give some details about it? If not, then how do you know how easy it is to install? I'm just saying that just because a company claims their product is idiot proof doesn't mean that we idiots wont find a way to screw it up.
Old 08-05-2001, 11:09 AM #5
jawbreaker_pber

dude all u do is remove the grip frame with the 2 screwes that connect it to the body. then u remove the timming rod. after that just unscrew the 3-way with the big screw in the middels. then u put the new 5-way on and replce the grip. its very easy
Old 08-05-2001, 11:22 AM #6
wildeman

Well, I plan on waiting a while before I decide if the racegun is what I want. I'ld like to see how it and the hyperframe compare in the real world. But thanks for the break down on installation. Do you know anything about the timing software? Do I understand correctly that once you set up the timing in the board you never have to bother with it unless you change something? More or less. Thanks
Old 08-05-2001, 01:08 PM #7
jawbreaker_pber

im not to sure about the timing. thats why i got interested in it cause its all done by copmuter. i think its very unique. but does that hyper frame come with electronic prenumatics?
Old 08-05-2001, 01:52 PM #8
wildeman

Well, yes and no. It doesn't replace any of the pneumatics on the front block. It's basically still timed like a normal cocker. What it does -as I understand it- is use solinoids contained in the grip frame to control the 3/4 way during the firing sequence. That way you can't short stroke, it feels like other electric triggers- i.e. angel-, and you can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger up to the physical feeding limits of the cocker. I think it has some real possibilities because you don't have any delicate and ugly electric pneumatics up front and you time it much the same as a regular cocker. But the prospect of computer controled timing that never has to be messed with is very appealing as well. That's why I'm waiting. Btw, there is a thread around here somewhere that has pics of it from IAO.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:37 AM #9
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

well i just saw the download on the site and all i got to say WOW! that thing is so fast! but does it throw off accuracy?