PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-26-2002, 05:38 PM #22
thetex

has been a member for 10 years
Question Repairs

We don't charge for repairs if the unit wasn't abused. Upgrades are a little different. Call if you have questions. We will take care of YA.
TEX
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2002, 09:58 PM #23
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
Okay, got it working on the angel finally. It had been doing this really weird thing that was puzzling me. My angel actually seemed to be pinching balls with the Halo on it. I could fire in slowly, but anything over 6ish bps would make it act up. The ball would pinch, the bolt would slow down, the ram would slow down, and thus it wouldn't strike the valve as hard and I was getting what at first I thought was drop off. I had just had something done to the angel, and thought dropoff was the problem at first. So I wind up getting my lpr replaced (it was going a little bad anyways, and I have seen a nice improvement in performance as a result), making two trips to get it bumped up to the right operating pressure. But the gun was Still doing the weird dropped shot thing. Then I figure out it must be pinching. So I fiddle around with ball detents, buy a new one, despite my old one seeming perfectly fine. That STILL doesn't fix it. I'm now running a max flow on a gas through at the right pressure, with a brand new lpr, ram, and ball detente, and have a halo that's happily feeding 13bps on my sandridge. Stumped. Finally, it strikes me to put my stock bolt in. Viola. Pinching problem solved. The bolt I was using, by New Designs, has almost no material on its front face, so the balls must have been rolling back in such a configuration to permit a pinch, but not a chop. Strangest thing.

So hey, be careful folks if you think your halo doesn't work on your gun. Chances are, there's something that's messing the halo up, and not the halo's fault.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:23 PM #24
Zorminster
~In search of local Team~

has been a member for 10 years
Talking suggestion

send me a free halo for *Ahem* "reviewing purposes"

and uh.. dont expect it back ;P