TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
HALO B: Okay, now THIS is the hopper I expected

Way back, literally a year ago now, as soon as I saw the info on the HALO, I was a believer. I put my preorder in with PB Inc (then still national south!) the first week or so possible. And then I waited... for seven months. It became a running joke on my team: "So, getting your halo soon?" But finally, the last week of January, it came after me thoroughly harassing PBinc, who had misplaced my preorder. I got #315, and probably could have been in the first 100 if they hadn't farked up the order.

So, it was a up and down five months with my halo. I didn't play much during the winter due to being sick, so it didn't see much action. When it did, it was touch and go. Some days, it would rip. Others, it would be an exasperating disaster and genuine liablity to use. And finally a couple of weeks ago, it started spontaneously stopping. So, it was time for service and a B upgrade.

So, I get it back today. I pull it out, press the button, and it instantly starts to life. And I can immediately tell this hopper Means Business.

The on/off is decisive and crisp, and turns on right away. You can obviously see the improvements inside, with the new cone, new anti-jam doodads, and the spring under the cone, as well as the new feed throat piece. The lid has been replaced with one that works quite nicely (I friggin' LOATHED the first and second iterations of lids). The ball detent is just gone, so no more, "Should I put it in? Should I leave it out? Which way did I have it last week?" They replaced my stripped screws (nice touch). And, sticking my finger up the feed neck, it is obviously Way more sensitive. Previously I had to move my finger tip out of the way of the sensors. Now I can just wiggle it back and forth and the drive will feed. When it is turned on without paint, you can also tell it is looking for paint, rather than just blindlly feeding. All in all, a definitely more clever and perceptive hopper. On a probably legal issues related note, the PBinc sticker on the one side has been replaced with another Halo sticker.

I haven't put paint in it yet (d'oh!, not a ball in my apartment!), but I have a feeling I'm going to be turning the mrof on my angel a little higher than 15 from now on.

Last edited by TreyV : 07-18-2002 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2002, 08:36 AM #2
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
And you are right! I have the MROF on my LCD set @ 20 and I dont EVER get a skip or chop using my HALO B. Its gotta be the best loader ever released so far.

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 07-18-2002, 04:44 PM #3
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Chris TeamJoker owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Feeds my SOB'd Timmy fast enough.

Glad to see another happy user.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:06 PM #4
chrisfx811
people = $h!t

i can't wait to get mine tomorrow, dragon and matrix need this thing. congrats you finally got the hopper you should have
Old 07-19-2002, 08:37 AM #5
thetex

Thumbs up I'm Happy!

Rock ON Brother!
It's the support from you guys that make us what we are. If you have a problem then let us know. If you are happy then let us know.
Any suggestions, let us know.
Thank you very much.
TEX
Old 07-19-2002, 11:12 AM #6
KeeblerElf85

tex,

Just wanted to let you know that my halo B rips as well. Ever since i got this thing i have had my race cocker ripping paint like no other, i let someone use my gun in a game at a tourny on sunday and my gun turned sooooo many heads, they wouldnt believe that it was actually shooting paint that fast!, in conclusion, this is the best hopper out and i love it. thanks
Old 07-20-2002, 09:50 AM #7
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Tex...

I just wanted to express my gratitude to your team for a job well done.

Your customer service has been second to none in my experience, and the Halo B has been a dream to shoot.

My original B had it's drive cone break last week, due to RPS Advantage paint, and not having the mod in the loader for it, but I took a look at another Halo with the mod done, and realized how simple of a fix it was.

Congratulations on a product where the owner can do basic repairs as well.
Old 07-20-2002, 05:06 PM #8
lonsch

what "mod" are you talking about?
Old 07-20-2002, 06:55 PM #9
stealth_monkey
i have a shag.....fear me

what do u think about a halo b for a front player, im soon to be rocking an angel and have a ricochet ak, i love the thing on my cocker, i never outshot it even when i tried to. would the ricochet ak be able to keep up with my angel?
Old 07-20-2002, 07:25 PM #10
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is Legendary
Alright, I put my B on my sandridge today. The fastest I could get this gun with a revy was 8 (9 barely) and 10 with the original halo. And that was with me rocking on it as hard as I could.

So I put it on the gun, clip off a couple and think, "Hmm, seems pretty fast." Then I switched to my hand that I two finger walk/flutter really fast with and tried it again.

It was like a blast of raw hellfire came out of my gun. I put it over the chrono, and I was shooting 13bps without even trying! It was nuts! It's like my gun is possessed with the B on it. I didn't even bother to really go crazy on it, as hard as I could, because it would have been a Really pointless waste of paint.

The angel went down this weekend, so I didn't get a chance really put it through its trial on that gun. But we shall see.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:57 PM #11
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Quote:
Originally posted by stealth_monkey
what do u think about a halo b for a front player, im soon to be rocking an angel and have a ricochet ak, i love the thing on my cocker, i never outshot it even when i tried to. would the ricochet ak be able to keep up with my angel?
Halo for front player is fine. I play mid/front usually. Works great for me.

Ricoshiite won't keep up with your angel. Get a HaloB
Old 07-21-2002, 06:21 AM #12
Cire22nj

I work @ the field that Treyv plays at and was standing over him when he decided to see that the halo can do with his sandridge...It was amazing..I dont think that I have ever witnessed a cocker shoot that fast no matter what was feeding it...2 weeks before this he tried the exact same test with the origional halo and couldnt get any higher than 9 or so....this was solid proof that the halo b is working as advertised...

Cire
Old 07-21-2002, 08:09 AM #13
impulseben
Paintball Genie

impulseben is a founding member
It's so awesome.

After telling everyone I was getting a HALO B they were like HAH, that will blend your paint. (they had no idea of the upgrades in it)

Now after showing them how fast it feeds on my impulse, they're all wanting one!

It's so freakin awesome! And my batterey life is not lasting like someone said only 1case of paint. Mines lasting for about 10 cases.

When there's no paint in the drive cone, the light lights up red; but it doesn't mean low battery. Just put paint back in it and the light disappears. So if your thinking that red light means low battery it doesn't. The batteries last a long time!

I play front and have no problems with the HALO on my mid rise feed.
Old 07-21-2002, 07:03 PM #14
SWAT GUY
MR. Harry Bolzonya

SWAT GUY is a Supporting Member
is it as heavy as the original?

A+ Anno

My Feedback
Old 07-21-2002, 08:02 PM #15
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
Without breaking out the scale, I don't notice much difference in the weight of my A or B. The weight isn't much of an issue to me as it's under a pound of difference from a revy and my gun is well balanced with the HALO. The balance is more important than the weight to me. The extra weight isn't noticable but the consistant feeding definatly is.

I wanted to test the B and my new gun so I shot the crappy paint I had, it ended up breaking alot in the barrel. I turned it over to try and clear the break without a squegee and it shot 2-3 more balls feeding upside down. Needless to say I really like the Halo B.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:09 PM #16
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeek
it shot 2-3 more balls feeding upside down. Needless to say I really like the Halo B.
Hehe...I was wondering when someone else would find out about this. :p

It's pretty cool. YOu can get 3 good fast shots off with teh marker completely upside down.

The weight is the same for both A and B models.

And it's about 11 ounces difference between a Halo and a Revy.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:19 PM #17
SWAT GUY
MR. Harry Bolzonya

SWAT GUY is a Supporting Member
11 ounces, is that with both loaders having batteries?

A+ Anno

My Feedback
Old 07-21-2002, 11:43 PM #18
Chris TeamJoker
Proudly Canadian

Yes, that is fully loaded.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:41 PM #19
tonyaphore

trey how much did it cost you to get your halo fixed and upgraded? I can't live with out my halo-A and it just went down and by the sounds of it i really wont be able to live with out a halo-b.
thanks
fuzz
Old 07-26-2002, 08:04 AM #20
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is Legendary
www.odysseypaintball.com
Old 07-26-2002, 03:27 PM #21
tonyaphore

ya i knew about that i just wonered if they charged you to fix what was wrong with your A and change the screws/lid?