Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 PM #1
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Coaches Corner: Me, Myself, and I

I Donít Need AnyoneÖ

The fact that you arrive at the field with your gear in great condition, and your mind focused, is all that can be expected of you. You still must depend on the other members of your team to show up ready to play, so that you can have a good productive practice.

Right?

You donít need anyone to help you be the best player you can be. Period. I donít care if half of your team is not ready to play on time. I donít care if they want to talk, and fool around instead of getting on the field. I donít care if you show up on Wednesday night to drill, and no one else bothers to come. You can still drill. You can run, and shoot. You can snap shoot. There are many ways for you to work on your game alone. If you have the drive.

Players shouldnít link their personal development to that of their entire team. Not every player will develop at the same rate, whether it is due to level of commitment, or natural ability, or some other factor. When you start to feel like the other guys are slacking, or not putting in the time, it is probably time for you to move on to another situation. No need to have hard feelings. If it is your teammate who moves on to bigger and better things, you should be happy for him and wish him luck.

My comments are directed to those among you who wish to reach the highest levels of tournament paintball. Not everyone has what it takes to play this game at a higher level. There is nothing wrong with jumping into a local event, and having a good time. I do it, and I have fun with my friends, but if you are serious about playing paintball you need to buckle down.

You need to invest the time, money, blood, sweat, and tears that it takes to become a serious player. You need to understand that people are always watching you. People are evaluating you. They are watching how you run, how you shoot, how you dive, how you slide, how you communicate, and how you generally carry yourself.

So, next time you get to the field, and are ready to go, get to it. Warm up, do some drills, be dedicated, look like you are ready to do business. Someone may be watching, and you want them to like what they see.
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 PM #2
Boarder_and_PB'r
North Idaho Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Nice article. Thats is great advice, and seems like commom sense after reading it. I want to go practice now, if only I had my gun a place to do it.
ebay Feedback
Old 08-03-2005, 04:19 PM #3
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
wow i feel like your talking about my team. They do the whole fool around, take hours to get ready and dont come prepared, although they are improving.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:51 PM #4
Xaerak
Just Live

Xaerak is a Supporting Member
Xaerak supports Bob Gurnsey
This is a great article.

I'd like you to tell us how we should be carrying ourselves, how we shoot, how we dive, and especially how we run...im interested to know what you think is the best way.

thanks
Nick
Old 08-05-2005, 10:00 AM #5
newenglandkilla
sieve!!sieve!!sieve!!

Woa...you live down the street from me

Nice article
Old 08-05-2005, 10:51 AM #6
Tremor MDC

Better than Holliday's classes?