PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM #1
nadrepadre
your a savage...

help!!! eyes won't sense paint!!

well i got my tes and aired it up and put my halo on and then it shot once, then the paintball moved out of th eyes line of sight so now it won't sense the paint. idk what to do about it how to get it working with eyes. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2005, 09:16 PM #2
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Where did the paintball move? Did it roll back or is it pushing beyond the detent? You could try to adjust your detent tighter or try a new detent.

Worse comes to worse, turn the eye off by holding the trigger down for 10 seconds or so.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 08-02-2005, 09:19 PM #3
nadrepadre
your a savage...

no the paintball rolls backwards and rests against the front of the bolt and then the eye can't see it.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:37 PM #4
Tchernobog (Banned)

do you have the striker buffer in there.....? i suppose if you didnt have it, the bolt would be too far back

check to make sure

***edit- dude if you have a timmy, you should be able to figure out a blowback...
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM #5
nadrepadre
your a savage...

lol, i have tried everything the stiker buffer is in there also, io guess i gotta go without eyes, i have a halo so it shouldn't be a prob.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM #6
kb9wgx
Not man's best friend...

If it's a dark color of paint, the eye may not sense it.
http://www.kb9wgx.ws/feedback.html
**Member of the WOLF PACK** Watch out! This wolf bites!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:47 PM #7
Tchernobog (Banned)

then put another striker buffer in there, to shim it forward some
Old 08-02-2005, 10:21 PM #8
half-step

Another striker buffer won't do anything but cause recocking issues. The striker position is set by the sear and since the bolt is tied directly to the striker . . . it won't do any good.

What bolt are you using? If it is an aftermarket, it could be to short.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 08-03-2005, 07:01 AM #9
nadrepadre
your a savage...

i know the hammer is stopped by the sear and two striker buffers will just kep it from recocking, the aftermarket bolt i am using is a pbk snakeskin bolt. it didn't come with the stock one.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:09 AM #10
half-step

I have not heard of that bolt. Is it a timmy bolt? How far back from the feedneck hole does the bolt sit? It should sit right at the hole. My blue bolt even protrudes into the hole just a touch.

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 08-03-2005, 09:12 AM #11
nadrepadre
your a savage...

well actually now with all the modding i have done to the stiker, it is about 3 mm into the breech and the eys don't see it unless it moves forward just a little farther.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:31 AM #12
half-step

3mm, that is a lot . . . that is like around 1/8". I don't think with my bolt sticking that far into the feedneck hole, that a ball would clear.

Have you pulled the eye out and cleaned it well? Like with a q tip and blow it out with canned air? Also make sure the eye cover is clean (that is if you use one) When you take the eye out and put it back in, see if it is positioned well. Maybe you can get the eye to aim back at the bolt more by moving it around?

Have you tried different colored paint? I suppose it is possible that the eye could be weak. I guess I should ask, this is a stock board and not a T board, correct?

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 AM #13
nadrepadre
your a savage...

yes, stock board, the eye is spottless. i will try moving it around a little bit and we'll see what happens.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 AM #14
nadrepadre
your a savage...

PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!! took a torpedo reg o-ring cut a piece off and put it under the right hand side of the eye to prop it up a little bit on that side so it would tilt and see down the breech farther. it works!!!! Im so happy!!!! yay, no all i need to do is figure out how to get my full auto board wired in there.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:25 PM #15
half-step

Nice job getting the eye pointed in the right direction. Nothing a little ingenuity wouldn't take care of.

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback